It is currently Jul 24, 2017 2:35 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Excavating Question
Post Posted: Jul 16, 2017 6:58 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
We are planning a residential build in the Conifer area and I've been trying to get an idea around excavation costs for this area as anything online is too general in scope. I was hoping people here might be able to offer some insight into a reasonable range for home excavation preferably in a "$ per cubic yard" range. We don't have the scope/size of the project just yet so at this stage just very general info would help.

Please feel free to respond here or send me a direct message here.

Post subject: Re: Excavating Question
Post Posted: Jul 16, 2017 8:08 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Most companies tend to work on an hourly basis. The real wild card is whether you will have to do any drilling and blasting to work in hard rock. Another cost increase comes in if they need to truck material off the site.
Phydeaux is a frequent advertiser on Pinecam and seems to have a good record - he might be a good starting point to address a question like yours. Call Hal: 303-838-1351

Post Posted: Jul 16, 2017 9:33 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
I would check with county planning before spending any money. They may have specific things you can and cannot do. In these cases, best to ask permission than forgiveness.

Post Posted: Jul 16, 2017 10:15 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
At this stage I am only requesting general information about excavation costs in the Conifer area - nothing more or less. There is no way you can build anything anywhere in this country anymore without getting proper permits and approvals - unless I suppose you build underground in the dead of night on your own private 1000 acres surrounded by national forest away from prying eyes :)

Post Posted: Jul 17, 2017 1:55 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
First off, hire a known,"GOOD" geologist to survey the site to see what lies under the topsoil. My yonger son dug a few foundation holes up there with BIG equipment ,, still needed tha blasting crew to break up the rocks underground,.. then, think about drilling your well,,, then,,, think about your septic tank and leach field ,,water don't drain theu solid rock,Lotsa hidden costs builing up there ,,and , what about the neighbors , is their leach field gonna poillute your well ?????

:whistle:

Post Posted: Jul 17, 2017 9:16 am 
New Poster
Check with H&S Excavating in PJ. Great guys who know the area and have the right equipment. Shane will give you a realistic ballpark estimate and may even have an idea what to expect on your lot if he's done work close to it in the past. 303.816.7402

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]