It is currently Dec 18, 2018 4:24 am 

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Who to contact??? half a deer...
Post Posted: Nov 11, 2014 11:49 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
For me, the fawn was not far from my house, maybe about 25 feet. I also have horses with their shelter about 25 feet from the house. The neighbor dogs were out and were chasing the deer and the fawn ran into my fence and got caught in it and broke it's leg and then died. It was a very sad site to see.

" Horses are in almost every breath I take and watching them run and dance in the field takes my breath away. "

Post Posted: Nov 12, 2014 2:12 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
As others have mentioned, DOW probably won't help. Try giving this place a call, they say they cover Bailey (and Conifer, Evergreen, etc.) and dead animal removal is a service they offer. (They also remove living critters like unwanted skunks that move in under your house!)
http://www.animalcontrolsolutions.com/c ... moval.html

Post Posted: Nov 12, 2014 4:36 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Do a check on any company you hire. A All Animal Control was dropped by Tom Martino (hard to do since you are paying him to be on his list) because of all the complaints against him. They also mention they remove Opossums here in CO. Good trick, we don't have them here. Also, check their BBB rating!
If you can, just leave the dead deer. If you remove it, the lion is still hungry and will just have to kill another one right away. The next animal it kills just might be yours.

Post Posted: Nov 12, 2014 7:03 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
So the lion didn't kill it and bring it to your yard, it got caught in the fence and died?

Post Posted: Nov 12, 2014 8:25 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Yes :(

" Horses are in almost every breath I take and watching them run and dance in the field takes my breath away. "

Post Posted: Nov 12, 2014 2:49 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Aye yi yi- I didn't know the bad things about that company I suggested. I googled "dead animal removal bailey co" and that's what came up. I apologize. And I'm sorry that your deer died in your fence. :(

Post Posted: Nov 12, 2014 3:58 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
I guarantee nobody will do anything for you. I am your neighbor and I had a whole deer die on my property a few years back. Everyone I called would not help and would not give advice. When it got warm enough to pull it from the frozen ground that year I spent an entire Sunday chipping out a grave with hammer and chisel in the hillside and that is where Ole Muley lies to this day.

The hillside behind your house is filled with a terrifying number of Elk and Deer skeletons. Lions and Bears (oh my!) cycle through there annually.

Post Posted: Nov 12, 2014 4:45 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Happened to us 2 years ago same time of year. Deer killed 10 feet from my car parked on the driveway. DOW said they would come in a week. Small kids, lug head retrievers, hubby out of town-I had to make snap decisions on my own. Jeffco Sheriff was at the school and he came and helped me pull it to the road. It was an adult and he confirmed a mtn lion kill based on broken neck and broken thigh bone. He also called DOW and they still would not come. I put it in two 55 gal garbage bags in the back of my hatch back and took it to a dumpster. I cannot have a mtn lion getting used to my yard no way no how. It also inspired me to get a smarter dog....now have three dogs and havent lost a chicken since, 3rd dog alerts me far better than the retrievers though they do back her up in a pinch. My vote is move the carcass to a land far far away.

“Democracy was supposed to champion freedom of speech, and yet the simple rules of table decorum could clamp down on the rights their forefathers had fought and died for.”
¯ E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly

Post Posted: Nov 12, 2014 5:03 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I am able to help remove deer or elk carcasses from private property. If the carcass is on state or county property, you must call them for help. Most of the time, they will tell you to just leave it alone.

Professional control of voles, gophers, mice, rats, yellow jackets, squirrels, raccoons, skunks, snakes, beavers, bats, mt. lions and bears.

Post Posted: Nov 12, 2014 5:52 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Sounds like a potential great small business opportunity for a couple of young, healthy men.....or women. Carcass relocation.

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2