It is currently May 24, 2017 7:32 am 

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Snow Tires - Recommendations for the Foothills
Post Posted: Jan 11, 2017 12:12 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Wily Fox aka Angela wrote:
it is all about the tires. to save the expensive snow tires, get them on rims and just swap out the tires each spring.

I recommend you do the math first. Depending on the price of the rims and how many miles you drive per winter, (and how long you'll keep the vehicle) it may be more cost effective to get tires swapped out every season. Also consider if you'll be mounting the tires every season or paying for it. Discount Tire charges about $40 for mount and rebalance, some places less if you're willing to shop around. An extra set of rims can cost anywhere from $100 to much, much more! Snow tires last about 3 seasons for me. An extra set of gently used aluminum rims would set me back around $300-400. This is my 3rd season on these snow tires and I'll just run them through the summer until I need new tires. It has cost me around $160 to swap out tires for the life of the snows. And I don't have to deal with the hassle of changing my own tires. That's a pretty good savings.

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3