It is currently Oct 30, 2014 4:53 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: 285 pizza?... (merged threads)
Post Posted: Mar 1, 2013 4:23 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Does anyone know when the 285 pizza place in Bailey at the top of
Crow Hill will open?

Post subject: Re: 285 pizza?...
Post Posted: Mar 2, 2013 8:28 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I was told that it was up for sale again. Not sure if that's still the case or not, but they may not open if it really is still for sale??

I do miss the pizza though, even though I know the previous owners are glad they got out of it (it wasn't covering the bills).

Post Posted: Mar 8, 2013 4:14 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
It is being totaly redone they well be open when they are done with all of the work and jumping through all of the county hoops.

Post Posted: Mar 8, 2013 8:31 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Yeah, glad to hear they are still gonna open.

Post Posted: Apr 29, 2013 7:47 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Well, I have good news: They are now open - and have been open for all of 5 days.

As I recently had a bad fall and injured my tailbone and hip, I can say, "I can't stand to cook," and it's the honest, literal truth. I can't stand for more than a minute or two. Today, rather than wonder about what wine pairs best with peanut butter, I decided to call the pizza place and see if they were open. We've just called in a pizza and my housemate is on his way. I'll give another update to let you know how it is. I'm just glad they're open again and are staying open until 9pm! (Supposedly they'll even be offering delivery to the Bailey area sometime in the not-too-distant future. Their phone number is the same as the previous phone numbers there: 303-838-5354.)

Post Posted: Apr 30, 2013 8:44 am 
We ended up getting the pizza for free as the owner/manager/employee forgot to set the timer on the pizza oven and it was slightly burned when the housemate arrived. He offered to make us a new pizza, also free of charge, but the housemate declined.

I can honestly say that even for being somewhat burned and rather crunchy, the pizza was far better than any pizza we had there while it was Tooley's or Hilltop Pizza. I think they have the potential for being as good as Anthony's - and they're much closer and more convenient for Bailey residents. I'm also delighted that the owner/manager/employee cared enough about the satisfaction of his customers that he not only gave us the pizza for free once he knew he erred, he also offered to right his mistake and give us a new pizza for free. That kind of concern for customers is something I truly haven't seen up here.

My understanding is that the restaurant had been left in rather ghastly shape when Hilltop closed. The owner/manager spent a lot of work personally getting it up to snuff while getting all of his licenses ready. I'm truly hoping all of his hard work pays off for him. I know we'll be back and may be regular customers on those pizza-craving (or too injured to cook) days. I hope others here will try his establishment and let us know how it went. This seems like a young man who deserves our business.

Post Posted: Apr 30, 2013 9:16 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
RL - thanks for the review! We've been wondering about that place since we moved in!
And perfect timing as I realized this morning that I wouldn't have time to cook a full dinner for the family tonight -- now I know where I'll be stopping!! :smiley:
R

Post Posted: Apr 30, 2013 9:32 am 
Irie74, welcome to the neighborhood!

Let me know what you think of the pizza. I'd love to know what it's like if it isn't burned, though I can still say it was pretty decent even being burned. Supposedly they'll start making calzones and other Italian dishes at some point. That will also be awesome.

Post Posted: Apr 30, 2013 1:29 pm 
We got a pie from them and it was very good! Not burned and toppings were fresh! Finally a decent pizza here in Bailey! Yippie ya hoo...for those days you just don't feel like cooking!

Post Posted: May 4, 2013 9:50 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Had our first pizza last night and WOW! Not only was it GREAT but HUGE as well! Def will be going back!

Post Posted: May 4, 2013 7:07 pm 
We got a pizza Sat. it was very good, crisp crust,fresh toppings and the sauce was fantastic! We will be going back often. Try it you wont be disappointed

Post Posted: May 5, 2013 2:35 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
We got one Friday night. We were impressed by how big it was! Covered in toppings, and IMO the sauce is the best up here! We will be frequent visitors!!

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next