It is currently Dec 17, 2017 12:31 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Golden Stix - (Merged threads)
Post Posted: Nov 14, 2016 8:04 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
They were busy, it happens.

Post Posted: Jul 31, 2017 9:58 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
My wife and I went there today for lunch. My wife recently had back surgery so we requested to sit in the booth style table, easier on her back. The manager said they were reserved for large parties. I explained why, but was told "sorry I don't make the policy". Told the manager if that's their policy, mine would be not to come back. She seems unconcerned with losing a customer. The place wasn't crowded. We went elsewhere. About 45 minutes later we walked by and still no one sitting in the booths. Sad to see this happen to a restaurant we always enjoyed.

http://i47.tinypic.com/tandk5.jpg

Post Posted: Aug 1, 2017 10:03 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
harrisa23 wrote:
I called today to place an order for carryout and had a bad experience. First call was met with no answer and a full mailbox. On call 2, I was immediately placed on "hold" (which meant they put the phone down and I could hear everything going on) for 7 minutes before I hung up and placed call 3. I was told to hold then the phone disconnected. 4th and final call, I get told the wait would be 30 minutes and asked if that was okay. Disappointed.

calebib wrote:

No reputable restaurant would allow that to happen no matter how "busy" they were!
More and more it sounds like this place needs better managing of the employees - if not themselves!

Post Posted: Aug 2, 2017 11:00 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
sunsetinthepines wrote:
harrisa23 wrote:
I called today to place an order for carryout and had a bad experience. First call was met with no answer and a full mailbox. On call 2, I was immediately placed on "hold" (which meant they put the phone down and I could hear everything going on) for 7 minutes before I hung up and placed call 3. I was told to hold then the phone disconnected. 4th and final call, I get told the wait would be 30 minutes and asked if that was okay. Disappointed.

calebib wrote:

No reputable restaurant would allow that to happen no matter how "busy" they were!
More and more it sounds like this place needs better managing of the employees - if not themselves!

Yesterday, my wife was headed back up from town and was going to pick up some laundry right across from the Styx, so I called to order take out and was told one hour. That was too long so I called and told my wife that I didn't order the take out. When she got to the center for the laundry she walked in and had our order in ten minutes.

Just a theory, it's possible they are getting a lot of take out calls from people that don't show up and they are left with a bunch of prepared food that has to be tossed. So they may be using the long wait period over the phone to discourage that.

And dinner was still delicious.

"Stand By Me"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiPzU75P9FA

Post Posted: Aug 20, 2017 8:52 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Have been there many times and food and service great. Maybe something unusual was going on. Maybe just short of help. I see help wanted signs everywhere. Safeway had one at the perscription area for weeks, So many businesses are short staffed. Service is bad at so many places up here because they can't get help.

Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14