It is currently Dec 18, 2017 5:36 am 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Best steakhouse in Evergreen, Morrison or Lakewood Golde
Post Posted: Aug 12, 2017 1:08 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
We visited 5281 for my birthday last night. Wow! We ordered the filet, shrimp and fish & chips. It was fantastic!
The service was awesome. It was packed and very lively as everyone seemed to be really enjoying the great food.
The menu is streamlined and everything tasted perfect. The check was shockingly reasonable so we tipped our waitress
well. She really was a pro. We scooted out quickly because families were waiting on the sidewalk. I am already looking
for an excuse to go back and try that delicious green chili JimSpeedBump mentioned. This was a great birthday surprise.
Thanks for the tip pinecamland.

Post Posted: Aug 18, 2017 7:13 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Had lunch there this week. Didn't have steak, but loved what we had. Mussels (appetizer) and fish with baked potato and a great side salad - even included bread. Better than Twin Forks by far. Will have to go back to try the steak. Great food!

Post Posted: Oct 28, 2017 10:25 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
based on previous posts here, i stopped by the 5281 place for a late lunch. SO glad i did! it looks expensive on the outside, but the inside is just a favorite place for the locals, to eat or watch games on TV, or whatever. i had a steak w/ 2 sides (plus it comes w/ a big texas toast), a tea, and one cocktail. barely over $20, w/o the cocktail it would have been more like $15. and o so good! it was cooked perfectly and had such good flavor i asked about the seasoning. she said they make their own, and of course she didn't 'know what was in it'. i'll be back!

Post Posted: Nov 16, 2017 10:41 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Although this thread is for BEST steakhouse in the area, I will comment on 5281 Steakhouse. I recently gave it a go with some friends. I have to warn you...it is NOT even in the same realm as a top rated steak place. Do not go there expecting a fine dining experience or a fantastic piece of beef. It shouldn't be mentioned in the same conversation as Black Hat, The Keg, or The Fort...let alone Del Frisco's, Ocean Prime, or Elway's.

C'mon folks. It's essentially a sports bar that also serves steaks like those on sale at King Soopers. It's decent bar food at its best. If you like a 1/2 inch thick(?) piece of greasy meat served medium well (good luck charring and serving it rare!) it'll fit the bill. Even the burgers were average. Industrial, tasteless, iceberg lettuce for salads. Baked - or microwaved - potatoes. However, the fries rock! Homemade shoestring fries cooked to perfection. Silverware wrapped in paper napkins. Lots of sports on lots of TVs. And lots of high top tables. It is what it is. A good sports bar. Inexpensive? Yes. But, you get what you pay for. You can get a better deal at Fiddlesticks in Lakewood every Friday evening. Same food. Same atmosphere. Even cheaper.

Finally, I will say the service was excellent. Everyone was very friendly, efficient, and food came out quickly for such a busy night. Kudos to the staff! This place just shouldn't be on a list for best steakhouse.

Post Posted: Nov 16, 2017 3:57 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
mtree wrote:
Although this thread is for BEST steakhouse in the area, I will comment on 5281 Steakhouse. I recently gave it a go with some friends. I have to warn you...it is NOT even in the same realm as a top rated steak place. Do not go there expecting a fine dining experience or a fantastic piece of beef. It shouldn't be mentioned in the same conversation as Black Hat, The Keg, or The Fort...let alone Del Frisco's, Ocean Prime, or Elway's.

Right you are, but they are less that $20 not less than $50. And the ones I've had were nicely done rare to medium rare. But it's not one of the BEST steak houses by a long shot.

C'mon folks. It's essentially a sports bar that also serves steaks like those on sale at King Soopers. It's decent bar food at its best. If you like a 1/2 inch thick(?) piece of greasy meat served medium well (good luck charring and serving it rare!) it'll fit the bill. Even the burgers were average. Industrial, tasteless, iceberg lettuce for salads. Baked - or microwaved - potatoes. However, the fries rock! Homemade shoestring fries cooked to perfection. Silverware wrapped in paper napkins. Lots of sports on lots of TVs. And lots of high top tables. It is what it is. A good sports bar. Inexpensive? Yes. But, you get what you pay for. You can get a better deal at Fiddlesticks in Lakewood every Friday evening. Same food. Same atmosphere. Even cheaper.

Every baked potato that I have had was piping hot, crushes nicely with pressure on the sides of the foil wrapped spud. Hard to microwave a potato wrapped in aluminum. And every salad I have had was made with Romaine lettuce and was very crisp and cold right out of the fridge. Instead of sitting on a table at room temperature in the back.

Finally, I will say the service was excellent. Everyone was very friendly, efficient, and food came out quickly for such a busy night. Kudos to the staff! This place just shouldn't be on a list for best steakhouse.

Here I agree with you again. The service is phenomenal and it is a very warm and friendly place. An "everyone knows your name" kind of place. I have even seen the staff hanging around the place during their off hours. To me that says something.

"Stand By Me"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiPzU75P9FA

Post Posted: Nov 16, 2017 4:52 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Bobcat wrote:
mtree wrote:

Right you are, but they are less that $20 not less than $50. And the ones I've had were nicely done rare to medium rare. But it's not one of the BEST steak houses by a long shot.

Every baked potato that I have had was piping hot, crushes nicely with pressure on the sides of the foil wrapped spud. Hard to microwave a potato wrapped in aluminum. And every salad I have had was made with Romaine lettuce and was very crisp and cold right out of the fridge. Instead of sitting on a table at room temperature in the back.

Here I agree with you again. The service is phenomenal and it is a very warm and friendly place. An "everyone knows your name" kind of place. I have even seen the staff hanging around the place during their off hours. To me that says something.

Odd. Why are you debating my experience? It's just a sports bar.

Post Posted: Nov 16, 2017 4:58 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Half-inch thick steak?
I've had the filet a number of times. Size and shape of a baseball.
Perfect medium rare and flavor as good as anywhere.
Good food. Good service. Steak with good sides and a cocktail for
under $25. Works for us.
Mrs. BGR

Post Posted: Nov 17, 2017 6:22 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I understand the "to each their own" concept and there is nothing in the world that EVERYONE likes, but to declare the 5281 steak as "half inch thick greasy meat you can get at King Soopers" is just wrong. (IMHO if you order a steak medium well then you don't appreciate a good piece of steak to begin with)

Yup, it's a sports bar that serves steaks but that does not disqualify it from being a great steakhouse. If you want a certain atmosphere go to Elway's, Black Hat, etc...atmosphere is why you pay triple there.

Post Posted: Nov 17, 2017 10:10 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
You folks crack me up! My experience at 5281 was my real experience. And you're blasting it?! Too funny. Sorry to step on your toes. Others will see soon enough and will agree with me.

In my visit our party had a T-bone, 2 NY strips, and one of the burgers. (Sorry, I can't comment on the filet.) All steaks were 1/2 inch thick, served somewhat greasy, seasoned with your basic salt/pepper mix, but freshly prepared. Although one was ordered medium and the other 2 medium rare, all came out medium well - although one bordered on medium. Everyone had salads and they were your average buffet salad bar affairs...sans any real veggies. A strip of carrot, some chopped tomato, and maybe an onion slice. Sides included mushrooms (ok), baked/nuked potatoes (ok), or fries (AWESOME!). FYI, many restaurants nuke their potatoes ahead of time, wrap them in foil, and drop them in a steam bath for use throughout the night. Nothing wrong with that.

Most importantly and to the topic at hand, the steaks were your average King Soopers weekend sale specials! They don't hold a candle to the quality of meat you'll get (and pay for!) at a top notch steak house. So, I stand by my critique. There's nothing wrong with 5281 Steakhouse. They don't gouge you for what you get. You just get what you pay for...your average tavern scrappy steaks. They're fine if that's what you're looking for. But, if you want a great steak, go elsewhere...and pay for it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Post Posted: Nov 17, 2017 1:20 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
mtree, you never cease to be a trip. You post an opinion on a thread that is designed for posting opinions, then get upset when people reply and post opinions contrary to yours? You have got to be one of the most thin-skinned people I have experienced online.

Post Posted: Nov 17, 2017 1:35 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
:yeah that: :exactly: LOL

Post Posted: Nov 17, 2017 1:54 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
DaisyLover wrote:
:yeah that: :exactly: LOL

This seems to have gotten off track, but why do you support people who seem to be bashing another Pinecammer? This has happened to me before, and it didn't make me feel very good.

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next