Post subject: Re: Crossroads Pizza, a/o Nov '17
Post Posted: Dec 3, 2017 10:19 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
wfs wrote:
New Owner
New Menu
New Prices

According to copious FB postings in multiple forums none of these three 'new' things are getting even mediocre reviews.....

Post subject: Re: Crossroads Pizza, a/o Nov '17
Post Posted: Dec 3, 2017 5:47 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
JMiller wrote:
wfs wrote:
New Owner
New Menu
New Prices

According to copious FB postings in multiple forums none of these three 'new' things are getting even mediocre reviews.....

I looked at the menu and they seem to be very proud of their fair.

"Stand By Me"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiPzU75P9FA

Post subject: Re: Crossroads Pizza
Post Posted: Dec 3, 2017 6:38 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Not sure what is going on. We were there last week and were told by the wait staff that Crossroads was not under new management but just a change in the menu and that we could probably expect future menu changes. So....? While the menu had changed, it still contained most of the original fare though it did appear that the prices may have increased a bit.

I will continue to support this local establishment.

Post Posted: Dec 4, 2017 6:26 am 
I was there on Friday and thought the menu was horrible and yes, it has changed. I ordered the Philly sandwich and fries, the meat had a lot of dried pieces in it and the fries were over cooked, yet cold. The meat is supposed to be prime rib, it tasted like what was left on the cutting board from the day before. We had a party of 5 and every person had issue with their food. Not worth the price increase at all! Horrible, sad to say. I will not be back there until they have time to get their crap together. The only thing good Friday was the band.

I hope Crossroads is not like the old Bailey Bar when they sold that to the folks from Wisconsin or wherever they were from. That took a huge nose dive and failed.

Additionally, I saw a guy walking out of there so drunk and stumbling, he banged into me and that parking meter at the hostess desk on his way out, he ran into the door then he fell off the curb and face planted on the cement in front. Why serve anyone to this point of intoxication, even if he he were to have a ride home.

Post Posted: Dec 4, 2017 6:54 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Some weeks ago I received a generic e-mail from Floyd and Marti saying they had sold out to Eric Meyer. Sorry I didn't keep it, so can't tell you the exact date. My husband went there for dinner two weeks ago and said it was very good. We went last Wednesday (yes it's open again on Wednesdays) and had a very good meal. The turkey sandwich was one of the best I've had. My husband had the shepherds pie. Now that is one of his favourite dishes and he is very picky about it. He said it was great. Both of us found the portion sizes too generous.

We'll definitely go back.

Post Posted: Dec 10, 2017 7:31 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I had stopped frequenting crossroads a few years back due to a drastic menu downgrade (my opinion) and an episode where the wait staff started bleaching the floor next to us, ruining my sense of taste for the evening. That said, we've been back 3 times recently, to give them a try and altho the menu was still the same, the service, food and facility were good. I have also seen highly intoxicated folks leave and drive cars/trucks or ride their motorcycles away. Hope my vehicle doesn't get hit in their parking lot next visit. They could perhaps use some training on the laws regarding serving over indulging guests. All said, I have enjoyed it the last 3 times.

Post Posted: Dec 13, 2017 9:26 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Sounds like an excellent place and opportunity for our law officials to patrol, arrest drunks and get them off the streets and highways where they can kill and maim us law abiding citizens and our beloved children.

Post Posted: Dec 13, 2017 11:43 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
bikesforothers wrote:
Sounds like an excellent place and opportunity for our law officials to patrol, arrest drunks and get them off the streets and highways where they can kill and maim us law abiding citizens and our beloved children.

Cops in small towns don't like this approach. (Its also a huge manpower issue.) It disturbs the clientele and the bar/restaurant owners. Bad for business. Word also gets around as to WHO is poaching for DUIs. The last thing a local cop wants is a reputation around the local establishments. Let's just say that cops are people, too. They like to go out now and then just like everyone else.

However, on occasion drunk clients do get reported prior to leaving especially if the person has been cut-off or just showed up hammered. Good establishments will try their best to keep the hammerhead from driving. They may even call a cab, a friend, or even the local sheriff. Just depends. Obviously, if you see someone leave a bar zozzled you can contact a sheriff yourself. Just be certain they're spifflicated and just didn't trip on a shoelace.

Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14