It is currently Apr 21, 2018 10:50 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Crossroads Pizza
Post Posted: Jan 10, 2018 9:59 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
CrossroadsOwner wrote:
Thanks for the mostly great responses. Mnthsmama I hope you come in soon and would like to meet you as we have had many similar experiences. After a couple of the most recent replies I think of your line of "sticking to your plan and morals" which I am confident I have done. It has been an amazing, difficult and rewarding experience opening up a restaurant. Everything I always thought it would be.

Overall, I think the new Crossroads has been well received by the majority of the locals and our comment cards are helping us improve. Business has been strong during the slower winter season which is appreciated.

I am happy some of you enjoy and named many of the staff members that are the same when I bought the place in the front of the house and in the back of the house there was even less turnover. This makes the truth easy to see.

Just so more rumor doen't spread... Nothing has been served on me nor is there any case that I have been made aware of.

Morals? Truth?

EEOC has this case. You have received a cease and desist order and a demand for pay. It’s astounding that you can post that youre not aware of these legal actions. Joy, Bree, Janet, Ricky, Spencer, Scot and Joe are gone. Or are these long time employees and community members just figments of my imagination?
People commenting here know that they are real and you mistreated them and you are still mistreating some.
And then there’s the matter of the bar fights on Friday night where someone had a bottle broken over their head.....

Last edited by JMiller on Jan 10, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Jan 10, 2018 10:03 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Ate at Crossroads late afternoon yesterday. Took advantage of their Early Bird burger special. A burger, large order of fries, small cup of coleslaw and a beer for under $10.00. Had the California Burger with cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomato, onion and bacon. The burger was very good, the order of fries was huge and the beer wasn't limited to just PBR or Bud Light, had a Colorado Native. The service was good and the place was pretty busy. That was such a great deal, we'll definitely be back, (just have to go before 5:00pm Monday-Thursday to get the deal).

Post Posted: Jan 10, 2018 12:04 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
I was under the impression that this forum is the place for Pinecammers to share their restaurant experiences, good, bad or otherwise.

I don't think discussing personnel actions and legal activities should be done in this forum and has nothing to do with an actual restaurant experience. Additionally just because something has been filed with the EEOC does not mean that the complaint has merit or the filers will prevail. Complaints are filed every day with the EEOC. Until all of these issues have been properly addressed and decided they really are not any of my or other readers business.

I feel bad for my fellow community members that lost their jobs but unless I have all of the facts, I cannot in good conscious make any determination one way or another.

Finally I do not think that an individual stumbling and leaving the restaurant impaired or a bar fight is unique to just the Crossroads. I have observed both in other establishments throughout the years so while it is not a good situation, it is unfair to just call out the Crossroads . The owner has said that he is addressing impairment issues with his staff. If these type of incidents continue, then the owner will have to answer to the law, the liquor board and perhaps a loss of customers.

Post Posted: Jan 10, 2018 1:14 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Joe is back bartending and Bree quit on her own cause she is bartending in Highland Park where she lives.

Post Posted: Jan 10, 2018 3:47 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I just wanted to say. me and my Husband got a large Supreme Pizza for take out. I was shocked that the price was over $26.00. This was more than what I payed at Anthonys. We had gotten the same pizza over the summer at a cheaper price. Just saying. The pizza was good but expensive.
I usually don't dine in at the Crossroads since 2 years ago when there was a pretty drunk individual at the bar with a fire arm strapped to his belt. I am all for gun freedom, but not when someone who is carrying is falling down drunk and slurring their words.

Post Posted: Jan 10, 2018 7:54 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I was wrong, Joe came back for awhile but is gone again.

Post Posted: Jan 11, 2018 9:40 am 
Sealy we have changed the recipe of the pizza. We have new flour, tomatoes/sauce, cheese, pepperoni, sausage, and are making a new dough. All of the items are of a higher quality and I am glad you enjoyed your pizza.

I have been talking to a few people regarding the pizza prices and have been contemplating changing it. During our busy season we could not keep up with the pizza demand and it was slowing down the kitchen. The winter market is different where this is not usually the case.

We do offer $4 off large pizzas on Monday nights and all of our servers have $2 off large pizza coupons to give out as well buy 9 get one free. When I get up there today I will implement a $2 off any small or large pizza as a verbal discount. Enjoy.

Post Posted: Jan 17, 2018 9:10 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I liked the pizza there, but my husband and I will not spend $24 for a large 3 topping pizza and the person who answered the phone did not have any idea as to the pricing, put me hold, did not care.

Post Posted: Jan 18, 2018 8:10 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I don't really have a dog in this fight as I'm not near Crossroads and I haven't eaten there in years as there are closer options but I did want to comment on the $24 dollar pizza. The reality is that that is what things cost these days. I did a quick search and found both Anthony's and JJ Madwell's were both in that range. Crossroads price may be a dollar or two higher but it doesn't seem out of line for what others are charging.

If you haven't noticed eating out has gotten more expensive across the board lately. A burrito and iced tea at Qdoba is over $10 now. Prices are up all over- as this is a food thread I won't pontificate as to the reasons why, just want to point out that anytime you eat out you should expect to dig into your wallet deeper than you may be accustomed to in the past.....

Post Posted: Jan 18, 2018 9:08 am 
ishium wrote:
I don't really have a dog in this fight as I'm not near Crossroads and I haven't eaten there in years as there are closer options but I did want to comment on the $24 dollar pizza. The reality is that that is what things cost these days. I did a quick search and found both Anthony's and JJ Madwell's were both in that range. Crossroads price may be a dollar or two higher but it doesn't seem out of line for what others are charging.

If you haven't noticed eating out has gotten more expensive across the board lately. A burrito and iced tea at Qdoba is over $10 now. Prices are up all over- as this is a food thread I won't pontificate as to the reasons why, just want to point out that anytime you eat out you should expect to dig into your wallet deeper than you may be accustomed to in the past.....

:yeah that: :exactly:

Post Posted: Jan 18, 2018 10:51 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I insinuated earlier that restaurant prices have been steadily increasing. That's the reality of the economy in Colorado. Unless a place is priced waaaaay outside their competition, I don't think its even relevant in reviewing a restaurant. It worth noting, but not much more. It seems a lot of folks want it all ... great quality, quantity, service, and a 1990's price. Well, wake up folks! Take a trip to Denver or even Evergreen. You won't find many sit down lunches for under $10. Not even burger joints. Pizza? You bet. An Anthony's one topping large will run you around 20 bucks. And they just reduced their prices instead of issuing coupons. Been to the Bucksnort lately? Yup. A burger will set you back $10-12. And at Cactus Jack's Saloon in Evergreen a burger is $11 and the sandwich menu is $10 and up. So, if you don't like those prices, you better hit up the dollar menu at McD's. Bon appetite.

Post Posted: Jan 18, 2018 10:53 am 
Yes, I read your prior post mtree and agree with you. Fast food is very expensive and a sit-down place will run you twice that much - if not more.

Good grief, even cooking at home is more expensive now. Sheesh!

Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next