two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Crossroads Pizza
Post Posted: Mar 28, 2018 9:43 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
CrossroadsOwner wrote:
Hi Crossroads Owner, curious if you changed the wings? We like to splurge on pizza and wings once in an while, but never liked whatever they did with the wings there, seemed kinda 'bready', even the bone-in ones. Haven't tried them from there since last summer. Thanks!

I am a bit unsure what the wings were last summer but we get good quality large wings which we double fry. Once at a lower temperature to cook through and a second time to cook and crisp the skin. We don't use any breading or season the wings. When I bought the restaurant in November the only difference was they were low temperature baking them which changes the outside or crispiness a bit. My two favorite homemade sauces are the sweet chili and the lemon pepper.

Post Posted: Apr 6, 2018 3:59 pm 
CrossroadsOwner wrote:
CrossroadsOwner wrote:
Hi Crossroads Owner, curious if you changed the wings? We like to splurge on pizza and wings once in an while, but never liked whatever they did with the wings there, seemed kinda 'bready', even the bone-in ones. Haven't tried them from there since last summer. Thanks!

I am a bit unsure what the wings were last summer but we get good quality large wings which we double fry. Once at a lower temperature to cook through and a second time to cook and crisp the skin. We don't use any breading or season the wings. When I bought the restaurant in November the only difference was they were low temperature baking them which changes the outside or crispiness a bit. My two favorite homemade sauces are the sweet chili and the lemon pepper.

Awesome, we're going to try some tonight! And pizza too! :multi:

Post Posted: Apr 8, 2018 8:46 pm 
slrichkun wrote:
CrossroadsOwner wrote:
CrossroadsOwner wrote:

Awesome, we're going to try some tonight! And pizza too! :multi:

Hope you enjoyed everything and as I reread things I'd like to add that we did change the boneless wings and chicken tenders taking out the breading that was used on them. We use a beer batter than dip them into a seasoned flour dredge. It is a thin coating compared to most.

Post Posted: Apr 16, 2018 4:42 pm 
Once in a while, I'll stop in on weekends in the afternoon to get something to go and have a beer while I'm waiting, if I'm already out. It appears the people at the bar are regulars, who all know each other. The tables are always filled with families. Having only found out today about what happened, and having been in there a few times since, it's still the same Crossroads it's always been. I've been up here long enough to remember the bowling alley and the motel at that spot, and I was probably among the Crossroads' first customers. I've never heard about any of this type of thing happening before. Maybe the place changes at night, but, from what I've read here, this appears to be an isolated incident, as ugly and depressing and disgusting as it is.

Since Reggie's Will of the Wisp closed, there's really no place like the Crossroads. I think it has always served a valuable function, and it would be a real loss if it wasn't there.

Post Posted: Apr 23, 2018 9:13 pm 
All you can Eat Pizza night! Tuesday nights after 5 pm. $10.99 pizza only and $12.99 pizza and salad.

Cash Larue wrote:
MMMMMMM....... All you can eat pizza.....

Thanks for the response!

Post subject: Crossroads Saturday special TODAY ONLY 7/14/18
Post Posted: Jul 14, 2018 12:53 pm 
Crossroads will be open after all TODAY 7/14/18 and will ONLY be offering all you can eat pizza, pasta salad and salad for $12.99 kids under 7 $7.99. Come sit on the deck and enjoy this beautiful day with a great deal and cold drink!! (No other regular menu items will be offered)

HALF BAKED PIZZAS 2 for $20...all night long! TODAY ONLY @Crossroads

Post Posted: Aug 8, 2018 12:39 am 
Nightly Specials:
(after 5pm)

Monday: $4 off large pizza
Tuesday: 6pm Pool League & $2 tacos with happy hour all night
Wednesday: Industry Appreciation Night. All restaurant employees 15% off
Thursday: 6pm Dart League & $2 burger sliders with happy hour all night
Friday: Live Music 6pm-10pm
Saturday: 20% off apps & wine with expanded selection
Sunday: Football Special. 50 cent wings

Daily Specials:
(Mon-Fri before 5pm)

Daily $9.99 choice of Burger, Chicken or Pot Roast Sandwich w/ FF, slaw or salad & a draft or soda

Last edited by CrossroadsOwner on Aug 9, 2018 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Aug 8, 2018 11:37 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Curious about the dart tourney, is luck of the draw, with 501, 301, or and cricket? I tried to organize a dart league years ago, and if not a luck of the draw night would be really cool.

Post Posted: Aug 8, 2018 10:20 pm 
Lil' Kenosha Cat Ranch wrote:
Curious about the dart tourney, is luck of the draw, with 501, 301, or and cricket? I tried to organize a dart league years ago, and if not a luck of the draw night would be really cool.

I was planning on setting up something similar to a luck of the draw but was thinking of just playing cricket. It just depends on how many people we get for it and how fast the games go. Come check it out tomorrow at 6PM. If its a smaller group for the first week it would work to do a 2 out of 3 with 501/301 in the mix.

Post Posted: Aug 9, 2018 2:46 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Thanks for the reply, I would like to check it out, but can hardly walk or stand due to injury, but I will come check it out in the future, hope it goes good.

Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21