It is currently Nov 20, 2018 3:10 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Cabin Creek Smokehouse Aspen Park is closing Nov 10 :'(
Post Posted: Nov 2, 2018 9:50 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
This is one of our favorite places up here and they have cooked our Thanksgiving and Christmas meals for quite a few years now. We are going to miss them very much.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post subject: Re: Cabin Creek Smokehouse Aspen Park is closing Nov 10 :'
Post Posted: Nov 3, 2018 7:12 am 
They have prepared many hams and smoked turkey breasts for us during the 19 years that we lived in Pine. I am so so sorry to see them close. We talked with the owner just before we moved and he is from Pueblo - I'm curious to know if they will be moving here!

Post Posted: Nov 4, 2018 7:56 pm 
Some have asked why. This is what I understand:
Their business is the busiest in the summer months and mostly with catering services. They have a hard time finding employees to work and then when winter comes, they don't need the folks and they have to start over every spring

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Last edited by Wily Fox aka Angela on Nov 5, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Nov 5, 2018 6:51 am 
I can understand that but darn, they are so good!

Post Posted: Nov 5, 2018 9:26 am 
Christi replied on my fb post this morning

Hello everyone. This is Christi and John with Cabin Creek Smokehouse. Thank you all for your comments and concern. We appreciate all of you that started out as customers and became wonderful friends. Thankyou Angela Sanders for trying to answer the question of why? What you've said is true, however, a lot has to do with just being tired! John is 75 and has wanted to close for awhile now. With our slow season upon us, rising rent, wages and costs in general along with new health dept and fire marshal regs it gets harder and harder for small business to survive in a small community. It's been a good run and we will miss all of you but we're not going anywhere so, see you around!

Post Posted: Nov 7, 2018 11:07 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Will miss you. Wish you well.

Post Posted: Nov 7, 2018 4:32 pm 
We called this morning and they are closed. Out of food. Bon Voyage.

Post Posted: Nov 7, 2018 11:15 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Wily Fox aka Angela wrote:

Hello everyone. This is Christi and John with Cabin Creek Smokehouse. Thank you all for your comments and concern. We appreciate all of you that started out as customers and became wonderful friends. Thankyou Angela Sanders for trying to answer the question of why? What you've said is true, however, a lot has to do with just being tired! John is 75 and has wanted to close for awhile now. With our slow season upon us, rising rent, wages and costs in general along with new health dept and fire marshal regs it gets harder and harder for small business to survive in a small community. It's been a good run and we will miss all of you but we're not going anywhere so, see you around!

My bold. I so hate to see this over and over again - as in OVER-government regulation just killing small business. Pretty soon it wil only be Amazon, Facebook and Google able to afford to comply with all the regs.

Post Posted: Nov 9, 2018 11:00 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
sunsetinthepines wrote:
Wily Fox aka Angela wrote:

My bold. I so hate to see this over and over again - as in OVER-government regulation just killing small business. Pretty soon it wil only be Amazon, Facebook and Google able to afford to comply with all the regs.

I'd add rising rent as too many are charging Denver rent prices, look at what happened to the Crow Hill Cafe. Over in Delwood the rent is going up to ridiculous amounts

Post Posted: Nov 9, 2018 1:48 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Costs are rising across the board. That's life in a booming economy. With increased operating costs come increased food prices. Some folks gladly pay the new prices. Others won't or will less often. So it goes. The restaurant business is a tough business. I commend all those who try.

Christi and John, job well done! Good luck in your future endeavors whatever they may be.

Post Posted: Nov 17, 2018 1:25 pm 
Well, There is always Scooters Smokehouse. It's very good and fresh everyday

Post Posted: Nov 18, 2018 9:19 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Thank you Cabin Creek for years of amazing service, wonderful food, awesome staff and being a rock in our community. John and Christi you are so loved as well as all your staff. It was an amazing run!! hugs to all of you and your new adventure....Retirement.

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]