It is currently Jul 15, 2018 3:17 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Golden Stix - (Merged threads)
Post Posted: Jan 1, 2011 2:33 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
So last night we went to Golden Stix hoping to enjoy a nice meal with good service as they have provided in the past.
We sat down and it wasnt too busy but it was COLD! Cold enough that the staff was running around in winter coats. I asked who I believed to be the manager if the heat wasnt working and her response was it was so cold out the heat couldnt keep up.
Our server finally arrived to take our order and this was the first we had seen of her after she gave us menus. She didnt even take a drink order. We ordered the Golden dinner which includes combination fried reice and is clearly stated on the menu. The server stated that this is not what the rice is and its only fried rice. I politely told her what the menu states and even showed it to her and she still said that I was wrong. I showed it to her again and got a bit of an eye roll and and she said she would put that in as the order.
Our soupd came and it was very good hot and sour which was enjoyed. Then the pu pu platter arrived and that was good as well. Another girl other than our server had been refilling drinks.
Now the first entree came out (duck) and I waited 5 minutes before the other entree came out which was combo mu shu. my duck had gotten luke warm at best because of the wait and the cold cold temp of the establishment. When the mu shu came we began eating and the food was tasty for sure. The combo fried rice had not come out still. We had not seen our server either as she had been busy most of our stay with what I would surmise was a family member of hers. She was very distracted and not really tending to us much at all. Finally i stopped her and asked about our combo rice. She said oh let me check. She went back to check then notified us it would be about another 5 minutes as there was some confusion on the order. Really???? Well the rice came as we were about finished with the meal and the check shortly after. Thats all fine and good but there was desert with this meal too. Again server not anywhere to be found. Spoke with the "manager" and told her of the problems and she said she would "make her bring out the deserrt". Really? Not even an apology???????? The desert came and it was very tasty too.
Well the server is gone so we wait and wait and finally have to get up and go pay to which the "manger" says, when we get to the register, "you shouldnt have had to get up". Really ??? No duh we shouldnt have had to get up to pay the bill!!!! Again not even an apology!!!
There was no attempt to make anything right. Im not looking for a comp meal or whatever, but wow, what terrible service. The problems were mentioned to the manager and still nothing was done.
Terrible terrible service! Im pretty sure I am not going to go to this place again.
Hope you all have a great New Year!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 1, 2011 3:38 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
We had similar service for lunch last week, but it was, at least friendly.
We got tea. Had to find a waitress to ask for cups. Twice. We got soup. Had to find the server to ask for spoons. We got food. Yup, you guessed it. Finally went back to the kitchen and found our own silverware.

The Mongolian Beef was a little strange to me. Beef, green pepper and onions stir fried, then a little brown sauce added and about a tablespoon full of coarse ground black pepper. That's it. BGR got General Tso's Chicken. Said it was fine. He asked for no egg roll, please. Yup. But I dug the vegetables out of both of our egg rolls and ate them for lunch. I couldn't even swallow the Mongolian Beef. Bill came on time. Had to find someone in the kitchen to take the money.
Probably a two-stopper for me. First and last.
Mrs. BGR

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 1, 2011 5:57 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
It is strange the inconsistency with the reports here. We ate in last week on Christmas Eve and had take out several times - great service and food each time!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 1, 2011 6:42 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
UNBELIEVABLE! I have given the same reviews for this place previously. The service is HORRIBLE and the Mongolian Beef is TERRIBLE - just as the BGRs describe...........the "spice" is coarsly ground black pepper.......no apologies, no coupon to return, no nothing.........I am done with this place! I had thought it was just that I expected too much - but I see that I am not the only one that has experienced bad service AND bad food.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 1, 2011 6:53 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
We won't be back,,, sorry but we wern't impressed with the food or the service and we have been twice.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 2, 2011 7:42 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
The thing that was really unbelievable was that there was nothing done

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 6, 2011 3:55 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
That certainly sounds disappointing, I have ate at Golden Stix many times and have always enjoyed the food. I think they offer a good variety and I have always had good service. I hope this is not a trend and just a short term problem.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 6, 2011 5:51 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Always had to wait a lot longer on takeout then they quoted. Their food is very bland. Tried them once and thought maybe it was a fluke, but the second time the food had no taste to it. Also when picking up my food people eating in were complaining the food was bland and they were told sorry and nothing else was done. Not worth it and will not go back.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 11, 2011 7:41 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
alwaysrightswife wrote:
Always had to wait a lot longer on takeout then they quoted. Their food is very bland. Tried them once and thought maybe it was a fluke, but the second time the food had no taste to it. Also when picking up my food people eating in were complaining the food was bland and they were told sorry and nothing else was done. Not worth it and will not go back.

If you want something spicy there, try the pad thai off the dinner menu. For $8.50 (with chicken or tofu) you get plenty to split between two people (makes a cheap lunch, even if you add soup and/or egg rolls), and it's pretty good (and spicy hot!). Sure, you can drive 25+ miles to some Thai places for something even better, but their pad thai is still pretty good and better than I've had at some Thai places.

We had it yesterday at lunch and tried thier fried pork dumplings appetizer too. Very good!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 14, 2011 10:38 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
We have eaten there a few times, take out many times. Never an issue with the food, it's fresh and delicious.
The service was always good. Very friendly people.
We have never had reason to complain, to know how the issue would be resolved. But I have to sasy we are happy with this choice of dining establishment. :}
But everyone's circumsatnces are differant.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 14, 2011 9:49 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
We love the place, too. I wish I had some seseme tofu right now. Sigh.

Post subject: golden stix egg foo yung
Post Posted: Jan 15, 2011 1:24 pm 
the biggest best ever

Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next