It is currently Jun 18, 2019 9:39 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Delicious Dinners at Golden Stix
Post Posted: Apr 15, 2011 10:38 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Golden Stix easily has the best Asian cuisine along the US 285 corridor. Their hot and sour soup has just the right combination of pepper and sweetness that you would find in 5-star Vietnamese restaurants. All the dishes are excellent. The General Tsao's chicken is bite-sized pieces, crisp on the outside and still tender on the inside covered with a light sweet and spicy red sauce that is just the right thickness so as not to overpower the flavor of the meat and vegetables while lending it a delightfully tangy flavor.

The variety of dishes is enormous, so there's something for every palate.

The service has always been prompt and friendly. They're a fairly new restaurant, so their servers are stretched but they handle it well. They could fit another couple of tables in the place or could perhaps do with a larger space to handle large groups. It seems that the building codes limit how many tables they are allowed to have. This means that the dining area is somewhat awkwardly arranged with two groups of tables divided by a wide space. The floor plan keeps the servers darting back and forth making it difficult for them to view all the tables at once.

If I want fast food, I'll go to Wendy's. When I want good food, I'll go to Golden Stix, wait an extra ten minutes for it, and savor something delicious.

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 3, 2011 9:22 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
We ate there last Friday evening. There were people at five or six of the tables. As soon as we were seated a very friendly waitress brought a menu—and what a menu it is. It took us a while to read the wide selection and she came back a couple of times to see if we were ready to order. We placed our order and by the time we finished a very good cup of hot and sour soup, our meal was served. She came by our table at least twice to refill our water and asked if everything was ok.

Excellent food, good service, great atmosphere, and very reasonable prices. What more could people want?

I think the place is great and we will definitely go back for more.

Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand of it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.

Chief Seattle, 1852

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 20, 2011 2:19 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
We had takeout last night for the first time since the other place in the old safeway center closed last week. I did not even know they where there. I ordered once I arrived and got my order within 15 minutes. Every table was full and had two waiting. While I was there several people came in to pick up and place to go orders. I spoke to the owner and he said even without marketing he has been doing well. Our food was great, hot and had enough for leftovers....He must be doing something right, and we will go back..good place, friendly staff...keep up the good work....

Post subject: Uh-oh, I'm on the list! Golden Stix experience
Post Posted: Dec 10, 2011 11:28 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
We decided to order some takeout from Golden Stix last night. I am allergic to mushrooms. After looking over the menu carefully I ordered Kung Pao chicken (no mushrooms in the ingredient list). Drove to the restaurant, picked up and paid, drove home and you guessed it, the dish is choke full of mushrooms.

I called them back and was asked "Did you order it with no mushrooms?" I told her the menu didn't list mushrooms. Had it listed mushrooms, I would have picked something else. She offered to remake the dish for me without mushrooms. I felt more comfortable ordering something else that wasn't normally made with them so asked if they could do Szechuan beef. After holding for awhile the manager agreed to do that.

Off I go to the store again. In a hurry, as the rest of my family is waiting for me to return so we can eat together, I neglected to bring the Kung Pao back with me. This is where the experience goes bad. The manager lectures me on how, from a business perspective, he can't be giving extra meals out to people who aren't happy and I should of brought the first one back with me. I told from a customer's perspective he should have an accurate menu so people with food allergies can patronize his restaurant.

How about an apology; I wanted to hear "I'm sorry, here is your replacement meal, I hope you enjoy it." Instead I get attitude, and a lecture; then right by the cash register the manager says "What's your name!" I give it to him; "How do you spell it!" I spell it out (three letter names are so tough to get right) "What's your phone number!" I give it and he repeats it all to the girl at the register, has her write it down on a list and tells her to put 2 stars by it. Then he reluctantly shoves a box in my hands and says "Here's your Schezuan beef."

Maybe I should feel lucky I didn't get three stars by my name? Guess it is great that business for them is so good that they can treat customers in such a fashion. One thing is sure, he needn't have bothered with his list. I won't be spending any dollars at his restaurant again; not because of the inaccurate menu, but because of the way they treated me when a problem came up.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Dec 10, 2011 12:36 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Wow! Sorry you had such a bad experience. I've been there so many times, and have always had great food/great service. And, not defending the actions of the restaurant, but if I had extreme allergies to mushrooms I would have asked (even though menu didn't list mushrooms as an item in that entree) if there were any mushrooms in my entree. Just my 2 cents.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Dec 10, 2011 8:16 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Sorry you had such a bad experience. If you are very allergic to mushrooms you need to tell them. If they use the same wok they have already cooked something else in you can end up with a problem too. Golden Stix isn't the only one that puts other ingredients in that aren't listed. My husband and I ate at a Thai place in town today and I'm allergic to green peppers. I purposely picked an entree with no green peppers. When they brought it out it had green peppers. Luckily my allergy isn't very bad that I could eat around them, just not eat them. I like Panda Garden in Pine Junction. Give them a try if you haven't already. Someone on here was talking about them turning into a Thai place. So far they haven't. My daughter likes Golden Stix better so whenever she is here I get her takeout.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Dec 10, 2011 10:16 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
We have eaten at Golden Stix several times. I think their food is great. First time, service was not so great, but the last time, there were three servers and they came around often to fill up our tea, asked us if everything was Ok, etc.

Their hot & sour soup is not as good as China Village, but very good.

We don't eat out often, but the next time we do, I'd like to go back to Golden Stix.

Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand of it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.

Chief Seattle, 1852

Post subject: Re: Uh-oh, I'm on the list! Golden Stix experience
Post Posted: Dec 11, 2011 5:20 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
sprnklrmn wrote:
We decided to order some takeout from Golden Stix last night. I am allergic to mushrooms. After looking over the menu carefully I ordered Kung Pao chicken (no mushrooms in the ingredient list). Drove to the restaurant, picked up and paid, drove home and you guessed it, the dish is choke full of mushrooms.

It is your responsibility to share this info when placing orders.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Dec 12, 2011 11:27 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Gotta agree with michpalm. A restaurant can't possibly predict every potential food allergy out there. Gluten, wheat, corn, onion, mushroom, peppers, peanuts, shellfish, and so on. Better ask before you order. Especially at an Asian joint. You ought to know they'll put whatever fresh veggies are available into every dish regardless of the menu description. About all you can count on is "Broccoli Chicken" probably has alot of broccoli...among other things.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Dec 20, 2011 11:51 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Wow. I had thought I was the only one who hates Golden Stix, but after seeing comments here, I guess I'm not alone. These comments prompt me to share my story.

The ownership/ management is incredibly rude and inconsiderate. In our case, they forgot to include pancakes with our Mushu Chicken take-out order. They also packed the dishes containing sauces sideways, so sauce dripped all over our car seat. We called in, not about the poor packaging, but to mention that our pancakes were missing. To their credit, they offered a free appetizer upon our next visit.

Next take-out visit they refuse to honor the free appetizer. Instead, the owner/ manager argues with me in a very condescending way to try to get me to see his side of the story. It is difficult to relay the arrogance and condescension on his part, but believe me, it was incredibly rude.

Just walked out and will never be back.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Dec 20, 2011 12:38 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
All my dining experiences at Golden Styx have been wonderful, phenomenal!!!!

Post subject: great food
Post Posted: Jan 1, 2012 8:53 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
food has always been great. Very tasty. Mongolian beef excellent. Service terrific. Have been there many times.

One complaint-The food is often not very hot. Soup has never been piping hot which is OK for me. Also main dish not totally hot. Schwean (sp???) beef is great, but broccoli surrounding it always cooked perfect, but cool or cold at edges.

Puzzled as to why the fried rice changes at dinner time. During lunch more veggies in it and tastier????? :rof laughing:

Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next