It is currently Jul 19, 2018 10:36 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Crossroads Pizza
Post Posted: Mar 7, 2018 10:47 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Because I can’t update the living room thread:

UPDATE March 7 at 8:50 a.m: Arrest Made in Bar Fight

The second suspect in the bar fight that endangered the 4-year-old girl is in custody!

Devon Lee Premer, 22, was arrested near Hwy 285 and S. Turkey Creek yesterday without incident. He is being held on a $50,000 bond in the JeffCo Jail pending charges of First Degree Assault – Extreme Indifference, Second Degree Assault – Serious Bodily Injury, and Child Abuse.

Thank you for all your tips!
This from Jeffco sheriff:

https://m.facebook.com/JeffersonCountySheriff/

Post Posted: Mar 7, 2018 11:41 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Thanks! Great news. I figured once the video circulated he would be a quick catch.

Post Posted: Mar 7, 2018 1:44 pm 
Here's a comment on the above Facebook post and a reply from the JeffCo Sheriff:

Quote:
Kristin Oman Yesterday at 4:55pm
Watch the video again. Brown did not take the first punch. Why is he being charged with Misdemeanor Child abuse? Cause he went to pick up his pizza and brought his child along????

Jefferson County Sheriff's Office No. There is much more to the investigation than just the video. Charges were decided based on the totality of the investigation.

Post Posted: Mar 7, 2018 1:59 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Sounds like they have ALL the knucklehead involved in custody. Good news.

Post Posted: Mar 7, 2018 11:15 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Jmiller wrote:
I am unsympathetic. To the owner. I conclude that when you can your experienced bartenders and staff that know the clientele because you deem them not “ young and hot” enough, you get staff that over serve and let issues go to the point of disaster. The “victim” was familiar and not innocent of previous dubious behavior. This is not to imply anyone should be beaten by two people to within an inch of his life.

Cops were called before this and have been called since. I have no idea if this happened with any degree of frequency when Floyd and Marti owned Crossroads. I bet occasionally there was a call to LE, you just never heard about it.

How many calls in the few months since the change in early November? Scanner people know.

According to your friend Joys facebook post from the night before "I will show up, I will record it and we will be walking out together". I am pretty sure you read this from comments and know they were not fired. We also provided there W-2 forms that they filled out and than brought in but refused to give them to us. They claimed we wouldn't pay them as well. On there way out they cancelled a delivery to the restaurant.

The bartender trying to stop the fight is local and has worked at Crossroads for years as a bartender. He does a great job of cutting off and not over serving people. He is certainly not a hot young female nor are Sylvia and Janet who I promoted to bar after owning the restaurant for a couple days. My current staff is made up almost entirely of people that worked at the restaurant when I bought it. A lot of untrue rumors have been created by one person who you continue to believe.

You are also mistaken as before this incident 0 cops were called to the restaurant for anything including alcohol or altercations that I am aware of.

The "victim" was known to the establishment but prior to this had done nothing to deserve a ban. I had heard that since he found "god" he had been working on bettering himself. We use the gossip and rumors on locals to better watch certain individuals but we don't ban them for things in the past that may or may not be true.

The community support last night was amazing and appreciated. Thank you for making it one of the busiest week nights yet. I am committed to making Crossroads a safe family friendly environment and we have taken multiple steps to do so. I would like to make an offer on this forum which is the only one I use... Come in, check out the new menu and if you mention this post; for every adult who orders a meal you will get one free kids meal for a child w/ ice cream cup.

Post Posted: Mar 8, 2018 7:46 am 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Best of luck to you CrosswordsOwner and hope this all quiets down and the restaurant can get back to business as usual after this unfortunate incident.

Post Posted: Mar 8, 2018 7:55 am 
I agree Rak - I do hope that things settle down for you. I have reserved judgment because I don't know all the facts NOR do I know the gossip and rumor and I'm not interested in the gossip and rumor. Thank you for updating the Pinecam members.

Post Posted: Mar 8, 2018 9:56 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I don't listen to gossip or rumors and have no interest in either. I judge a place based on its own merits. And an owner has every right to run their establishment as they see fit. The only unsolicited advice I have for CrossroadsOwner is the same advice I repeat over and over to other restaurant owners. DO NOT waste your time arguing with anyone via pinecam. Its always a losing proposition with diminishing returns. In fact, don't even respond to negative posts. You'll just end up with a long, drawn-out, negative thread of he-said-she-said posts. The fewer negative posts the better. Forget the high road! Take the road less traveled. I wish you future success!

Post Posted: Mar 8, 2018 10:13 am 
mtree wrote:
I don't listen to gossip or rumors and have no interest in either. I judge a place based on its own merits. And an owner has every right to run their establishment as they see fit. The only unsolicited advice I have for CrossroadsOwner is the same advice I repeat over and over to other restaurant owners. DO NOT waste your time arguing with anyone via pinecam. Its always a losing proposition with diminishing returns. In fact, don't even respond to negative posts. You'll just end up with a long, drawn-out, negative thread of he-said-she-said posts. The fewer negative posts the better. Forget the high road! Take the road less traveled. I wish you future success!

This must be a record mtree...................I agree with you for the 2nd time! LOL

Post Posted: Mar 8, 2018 10:31 am 
I agree with the last three posts. No owner, especially a new owner should have to go through this type of scrutiny when much of it is based on gossip or hurt feelings, especially up here where it is so much harder to make a living or be successful.

I personally have had no issue with the current Crossroads staff and think that they do a good job. I do feel sorry for them for having to be associated with a careless comment of replacing others only because they are "young and hot".

It is good that all of the perps in this case have been accounted for and I hope that the Crossroads owner can move on from this and moving forward only be honestly judged by their service and food.

Post Posted: Mar 8, 2018 1:32 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I think it is hard for restaurant owners up here. Simply put, the drunks bring in money. I am sure it hard to find the balance. I for one have stopped going to a few places up here, including Crossroads, because of the drunks. Sad but true.

Post Posted: Mar 8, 2018 11:08 pm 
New Poster
Hhmmm...I don't work for you, Eric. Not behind your bar, or anywhere else in your restaurant. Let me set the record straight. You fired me...And Bree...And Joy. The day you fired us, you had to close for the day. I believe five or six other people walked when you fired us, which left you with...Uuhhmmm...Oh yeah, ZERO employees to work that shift. Remember? Oh, I certainly do.

Please don't use me in your storytelling, Eric. I believe you have received a letter that states that pretty clearly. Soooo, please CEASE AND DESIST, Eric!

Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next