It is currently Jul 24, 2019 12:26 am 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: JJ Madwell's Great Food and Service
Post Posted: Dec 26, 2011 10:52 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
We joined friends for a Christmas Eve Dinner at JJ's.
I enjoy a traditional seafood meal the night before Christmas but wasn't up for cooking it. The rest of the party had more traditional Italian fare.
We were not disappointed.
All the entrees and appetizers were delicious as usual and the portions were generous. The service was attentive but not hovering.

Thanks Tony and staff for another amazing meal and I hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas.

Post subject: JJ Maxwell
Post Posted: Jan 5, 2012 10:56 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I went there for the first time recently. Yummy chicken parm! Good bar service. I will definitely go back. Want to try the pizza.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 6, 2012 9:48 am 
Best Pizza up here.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 21, 2012 12:54 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Very friendly staff here at JJs. I would recommend it to anyone in town as the #1 stop to eat bar none when driving through Conifer. Pizza is great and also priced fair for the mountain area. The pasta and meatballs are outrageously delicious. Cheapest prices on Keystone beers at any bar serving the 285 area. Good mix of old and young people and you always feel at home.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 24, 2012 10:33 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I think JJ Madwells is the best run place along 285. They know what they are doing and do it very well.

The pizza can be very good, but IMO it varies. Crossroads is more consistent, but when JJ's does it right, their pizza is even a bit better than Crossroads.

I'm also very glad that JJ's offers great coupons for savings. You can get them both at King's Soopers on the printed receipts, or even better at the JJ Madwells website (but they don't always keep it up to date).

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 25, 2012 9:21 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Do you still have to walk through the bar to get to the dinning room? Last time we were there I nearly got knocked down by a roudy bar patron. Big put-off for me.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 25, 2012 10:06 am 
ridgewalker wrote:
Do you still have to walk through the bar to get to the dinning room? Last time we were there I nearly got knocked down by a roudy bar patron. Big put-off for me.

You do have to go through the bar to reach the dining room. And if the place is busy the space can be crowded. In my many times dining there I have never had an encounter with or heard a rowdy patron. Must have been an isolated incident. Tony doesn't tolerate that sort of thing.

Now if it was during a Steelers game a celebration may have run amuck....

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 26, 2012 4:38 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
My favorite place up here!!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 7, 2012 12:11 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Last time I was at Madwell's the woman behind the bar gave no hellos, no smiles, no thank yous. She must of been sick of slinging those $1.00 Keystones. I kept wishing I was at Brooks Place where they are always very happy to see people walk through the door, not make them feel like they are lucky just to be served.

CSJ

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 8, 2012 12:24 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
ChainSawGuy wrote:
Last time I was at Madwell's the woman behind the bar gave no hellos, no smiles, no thank yous. She must of been sick of slinging those $1.00 Keystones. I kept wishing I was at Brooks Place where they are always very happy to see people walk through the door, not make them feel like they are lucky just to be served.

CSJ

Chain Saw Guy,

Do you know who your bartender was? Actually just let me know the time and day you were here and I'll find out myself. We have not had a complaint about our service in quite a few years and I'd like to nip it in the bud right now. We are a dedicated group of people here and my barstaff is my best most longterm employees. They are held to a high standard and I'm sure they would like to win you back as a guest as much as I would. Please feel free to continue to communicate with me thru this forum or give me a call at JJ's to discuss what happened on this occassion. My name is Tony, I'm the owner, Let us know what we can do better.

Thanks Tony

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 8, 2012 10:34 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
JJ's staff is exceptionally friendly and always accomodating. Probably the friendliest up here! No. Not 'probably'. They ARE the friendliest. And I've been to every establishment between Morrison and Bailey. Maybe someone just had an off moment. Been there many times and no matter who is working behind the bar they are always great! In fact, I can't recall ever getting 'attitude' from any of the staff. Just seems so out of character. In fact, I think I might stop in after work just because its always a nice break. A cold one - at a great price, I might add - a 'smile', and a few laughs are always a good.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 8, 2012 9:52 pm 
ChainSawGuy wrote:

CSJ

Oh, I remember "Chain Saw Guy" now. He was the guy infruiated by the Steelers stuff on the walls. Said he would never eat here due to the decor and got really nasty about it. I was wondering why he was mentioning $1.00 keystones when we have'nt had that special in almost two years. The mods locked the thread and erased his posts. This guy is a piece of work, he can't complain about the decor so he makes up stories about my staff. I tell you what CJS, why don't you just keep going Brooks, your not welcome here and we won't miss you. I like to go to Brooks as well, it's a great place. Hope to see you there.

-Tony

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next