It is currently Nov 13, 2018 11:35 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: What is the latest on Three Margaritas?
Post Posted: Jan 26, 2015 11:04 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Well I am glad to hear that my experience seems to be an isolated one as I do love Mexican food and its a long drive down to La Loma. And my comparison to Casa Bonita may have been a little harsh, but repeatedly biting into whole cloves tends to sour your eating experience. No joke I must have pulled a dozen cloves out of my burrito.

Post Posted: Jan 26, 2015 11:25 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
I had the same experiences atom - we've been there 3 times since they opened. Each time was worse than the previous time.

I'm glad others have a good experience but I haven't returned for 3 years and I don't see that changing anytime soon. If you read all the reviews in this thread, not all of them are great.

I've given it 3 tries and I won't be going for a 4th.

Post Posted: Jan 26, 2015 12:10 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Hubby and I went back on Saturday. It had been sometime since going back, in fact September I believe. We were seated by the female server that always had waited on us before the last time we went. I noticed that the male server I spoke of in November is still there and I was ready to leave if he came to our table...3 Garcias would have been our stop. We were fortunate that, and I need to get her name, she waited on us. She took our drink orders, with the exception of Austin's...she knew what he wanted. AND -even though it had been over 7 months since she had waited on us-when she came to take our order, she did not ask if we were ready to order she said, looking at Austin-bean and cheese burrito only? He said yes and she looked at us and asked if we wanted to hold off on ordering (this is what we always do...I do not like to rush at dinner), we said yes and then asked if we would be taking ours to go. Our service and food was amazing.

I am sorry about your experience Atom. Have you tried CV? They are good. And I have to say, though my initial visit to 3 Garcias was not pleasant, I gave them another try and it was wonderful.

Post Posted: Apr 20, 2015 5:23 pm 
Pinecam Founder
Pinecam Founder
We went for lunch today after an absence of several months just because we've been eating at Zoka's a lot.

Our waitress sat us down with menus and chips and we asked for water. She returned after a bit with water but didn't ask if we were ready to order. We watched as she went around the tables but couldn't catch her attention as she never looked in our direction. I finally went into the kitchen to tell her we'd like to order. We'd been seated about 15 minutes by then.

She took our order and it was prepared in a timely manner. After we finished we couldn't get her attention again and as she was walking back to her station without looking our direction, we had to call "Miss! Miss!" to get her to come over so we could ask for our check.

She had this habit of facing the wall at her station in the corner, which meant her back was always to us.

All in all, very disappointing and a big change from the last time we were there. You shouldn't have to hunt down your waitress.

Post Posted: Apr 23, 2015 6:28 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We were there today for lunch and everything went fine, although I did not see the manager who is usually always around. Maybe he had the day off. But again our service was good and the food was fine, as always.

Post Posted: Apr 25, 2015 4:34 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We went today around 1:15. Waitresses were very friendly and prompt to greet us, bring chips, request and bring our drink orders, and then request and bring our food orders. Checked on us a couple of times and chatted with us. Food was hot and fresh. This was our first time here, as we had seen such mixed reviews that made us hesitant to try it. We will be back and look forward to trying additional items on the menu!

Post Posted: Apr 30, 2015 8:47 am 
We went to Three Margaritas recently. We were seated promptly and got water and chips, but then the waiter did not come back. The staff seemed too busy watching TV and playing with their cell phones and did not pay any attention to us. My husband finally got up and asked for someone to take our order. The food was ok, the chicken enchilada was soupy, but one of our party was up most of the night with an upset stomach. He won't be going back.

Post Posted: May 4, 2015 11:41 am 
Sallymorocco wrote:
We went to Three Margaritas recently. We were seated promptly and got water and chips, but then the waiter did not come back. The staff seemed too busy watching TV and playing with their cell phones and did not pay any attention to us. My husband finally got up and asked for someone to take our order. The food was ok, the chicken enchilada was soupy, but one of our party was up most of the night with an upset stomach. He won't be going back.

Unfortunately, we had the same service experience this weekend after several good visits. The tall male waiter was sitting in the dining room, alternating between watching the TV and his i-Phone. I too had to wave at him to get him to take our order after being promptly seated. My seafood enchilada was so salty as to be inedible, and I had them toss the remainder rather than take it home.

The kid's chili rellenos had burned tops and stems, and some kind of rubbery cheese inside that had no flavor. It looked more like plastic to me than cheese. He has had had chili rellenos many times and know what they should be like, and these were in his opinion the worse he had ever had. On a previous visit, he had an upset stomach that kept him up most of the night, just like Sallymorocco reports.

It appears they are headed downhill again, but we are more than 'twice burnt, once learnt' and will go somewhere else rather than wait for their eventual recovery or closure.

Post Posted: May 6, 2015 12:01 pm 
New Poster
I took my Dad to 3 Margs last week. The service is good, but the food remains mediocre.

Post Posted: May 7, 2015 9:06 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
So. 3 Margs is a chain, right? I kinda' like the locations in Denver. Does the mountain location not measure up to the city locations in comparison?

Post Posted: May 7, 2015 2:15 pm 
I appreciate the comments. These days our dining options are limited to handicap accessible or takeout. We enjoyed our last visit to 3 Margs but that was weeks ago. 3 Garcias for now on.

Post subject: 3 Margarittas
Post Posted: Sep 5, 2015 8:18 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I stopped for take out the last time at 3 margarittas! I keep saying i'm not going back but have tried a few more times cause it use to be really good. Had a taste for nacho's so stopped and took some home, well somebody forgot to take it out of the oven as the chips were burned black! So i scraped off the burned stuff on top but after the first taste YUCK the burn smell had permeated everything. Never again!
I'm DONE with the lousy food and high prices.

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next