It is currently Nov 13, 2018 11:47 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: What is the latest on Three Margaritas?
Post Posted: Sep 6, 2015 4:00 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
We had stopped in about in June...I forget-we did not stay-the only server that we saw was the maile server that I do not want waiting on us. We turned around and went to 3 Garcias.

Post Posted: Sep 9, 2015 12:21 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We have really been enjoying Tequilas in Evergreen, pretty much quit going to 3 Garcias for now. They have two-for-one margarita coupon, great food for decent prices, and optional habanero salsa if you like spicy.

Post Posted: Sep 9, 2015 3:03 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Love Tequilas WoodRat!!

Post Posted: Sep 11, 2015 8:39 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Went to Tres Marqs last night. Everything was as excellent as I remember from my last visit.

Post Posted: Sep 11, 2015 10:49 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
my favorite dish there is ensalada costa alegre

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Sep 20, 2015 9:00 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Last night we went to Three Margaritas, we had a wonderful dining experience. We were seated immediately, chips and salsa were brought within a few seconds along with water. Our waiter had to wait for us to decide what we wanted to eat and the food was absolutely delicious; we had a thoroughly wonderful meal.

I would highly recommend Three Margaritas to everyone - we are going back soon. Give them another try if you've been hesitant to go.

Taza

Post Posted: Oct 19, 2015 7:51 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I went to 3 Margs this evening and tried to place an order for takeout. I could not believe my experience. I honestly think they don't want to part of our mountain community after this experience. I walked in and told the host I would like to order take out. He was rude, he wouldn't let me sit anywhere and brusquely told me "the bar is closed." So, at the hosts stand and without a menu I asked for a chicken chimichanga. He said "I don't know what that is." I tried a few times more times, even showing him the order typed out on my phone, but still without being offered a menu I couldn't work with him. My family has eaten there at least a couple times a year since we moved up here 8 years ago. After this treatment, I will never go there again.

Post Posted: Oct 19, 2015 10:12 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I don" ever go there to bad bugling bulls is no longer there!!

Post subject: NIce dinner at Los Tres Garcias... Brooks was closed
Post Posted: Feb 2, 2016 10:08 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Kudos the good folks at Los Tres Garcias... staying open Monday evening during the snowstorm until the advertised closing time. Had a great dinner. We went to Brooks Place first, which now seems to be a referral service for Los Tres. Brooks kitchen had closed by 7:45 on a night when they advertise that they are open until 9PM. This was not the first time this has happened. Brooks Place has good food, but lacks enough wait staff on busy nights and tends to close early in my experience. On a recent Saturday night, we were unable get a 2nd drink... the waiter was overwhelmed, so we went on home. :thud:

Post subject: Re: Los 3 Garcias (merged posts)
Post Posted: Feb 3, 2016 9:09 am 
mtree wrote:
racerRobert wrote:
@lawcat2012 -- It takes a couple years after moving to Colorado before you finally give up and realize that good Mexican Restaurants and Colorado do not go together. I find this amazing considering our large Hispanic heritage population. Just one of those things you have to accept living here, just like not having any beaches.

I find Caretta Vieja the best of the Conifer ones.

So very, very true. I haven't been back to 3Garcias and probably won't. Not my cup of tea. Been there 3 times. Very average to below. Their food is the same stuff you'll find in 90% of the mexican restaurants around town. I, too, cannot comprehend why there are so many average mexican restaurants in Colorado when there is such a large hispanic population. That said, if you search you can find some decent places. Most are downtown or around Federal Blvd. To name a few: Lola, Mezcal, El Taco de Mexico, La Popular, Los Carboncitos, and Patzcuaros (sp?). Plus, you can find some great 'dishes' at various spots. For instance, Brewery Bar II makes a mean green chili and good smothered chicken burrito. Everything else is below average. College Inn used to make great enchiladas...but it's been a long while since I've been there. Even Rio Grande puts out some tasty burritos when ordering off the 'numbers'. I'm sure there are many other joints around that I haven't tried. Sometimes searching can yield pleasant surprises.

If you're going to eat Mexican food on Federal you're rolling the dice. They have some serious health code violators and Los Carboncitos was one of the top 25 violators in Denver a few years ago. Lola? No thanks...http://kdvr.com/2015/02/06/restaurant-report-card-lola-john-hollys-asian-bistro-eileens-colossal-cookies/

La Popular is great, but it really isn't a restaurant. It's more of a bakery which sells breakfast and lunch items - take out only , there are no dining areas there, no seating. The owner is really nice and the girls that work the counter are great. Awesome Tamales and VERY affordable compared to all of the over-priced, average chow in the downtown area.

You're 100% right about Brewery Bar II, their green chili rocks, but that's about it.

Post subject: Re: Los 3 Garcias (merged posts)
Post Posted: Feb 3, 2016 10:49 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I will say the staff and service at Los 3 Garcias are always excellent!

Many of the Mexican joints I frequent are for takeout...and to eat immediately. El Taco de Mexico is tiny and usually no seating available at lunch so grab and go. Also, one of my favorites is El Taco Veloz! It's on Federal near 4th. Don't be put off by the place. The food is GREAT! And they have a dozen different salsas to choose between. As for health code violations at any of these places, I ignore them. If I worry about that I'll never find diamonds in the rough. It's all about the food.

Post Posted: Aug 2, 2016 7:38 am 
Have been to Three Margaritas quite a few times and the service has been excellent. I do not know the servers name, which I intend to get, but he is an amazing server-certainly not the young male server that I had provided a negative review on. We went in again last night and even though he was running numerous tables, including a 10 top, service was amazing. Food was wonderful!

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next