It is currently Oct 21, 2018 9:13 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 3, 2012 6:50 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
We stopped in yesterday evening. Very pleasant staff and great service. I'd say the food is just the "same old Mexican" really. I had A La Carte cheese enchilada and crispy chili relleno - both were good. The enchilada sauce was a little different but the green chili on the relleno was super. Hubby had a #4 combo (can't remember exactly what was included). He did mention the chicken in one of the items wasn't seasoned. Our daughter has a #1 combo that had an enchilada, chili relleno and beef taco. She said the beef in the taco also wasn't seasoned. When we left the owner asked us what they could improve so we relayed what we thot.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 3, 2012 9:55 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
We went in to 3 garcias tonight excited to try the new restaurant and left extremely disappointed. It took our waitress ten minutes to come get our drink order despite being at both the tables next to ours. We waited for about 30 minutes before left. In that time we never received our drinks and were never asked what we'd like for dinner. The two tables next to us were so aggravated witht their wait for the food they actually asked the waitress for togo boxes before the food got there so they could leave. The other our section returned all of their food because it wasn't what they ordered and they left. I hope that the restaurant can step up their customer service so that they'll survive but after tonights experience we won't be back. I hope that evryone else that gives the restaurant a try has a better experience than we did and that the restaurant has success.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 3, 2012 10:52 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
naturegirl2000 wrote:
What we really need is either an IHOP, Villiage Inn or Dennys' restaraunt up here. A restaraunt with will American comfort food 8)

You've got at least one -- DW's 285 Diner! Best pot roast on the planet!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 4, 2012 12:17 am 
I choose to wish them the very best!

They've just done a "soft opening"; they still need to work out their service kinks, but my husband and I both found their food to be very good.

Blessings sent there way for a successful business and a happy place for our community to gather!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 4, 2012 7:03 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We went early yesterday evening with mixed feelings. I had their signature burrito with steak which I thought was very good. Could have been a little spicier but we are all in very different places when it comes to how hot we like our food. Burrito was very large and some will tell you I can eat. My daughters chicken was a little dry she said, and my wife enjoyed her shrimp dish. Service was very friendly but not great. Waitress forgot a few things but was always offering more Iced Tea and checking in with us. We will definitely give it another try and, for all the "WHINERS", remember that when someone opens a business (restaurant), it is their life's dream and it probably hurts when you stomp on their ideas without having tried the restaurant. At least they are ambitious enough to try.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 4, 2012 10:35 am 
If you whiners want something SPICY, why don't you just tell
your server!!!!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 4, 2012 11:10 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
When did society become so arrogant and self absorbed that we 1.) expect EVERYTHING outside our control to be absolutly perfect and without human element and 2.) When did it become OK to be so unforgiving and ITCH about it openly and frequently when its not.

When we become perfect ourselves, THEN we have right to scratch that itch. And as far as Im concerned, the above mentiond behavior is far from perfect in itself.

For me, eating out is still luxury, and even if the service is less than perfect, or the food isnt as tasty as I prefer, it is NOT a necessity and I chose to eat out, which made my life a little easier, and I don't take it personal, nor do I make it a point to complain. Life is an adventure and way too short to focus on stuff that makes no impact on my life 2 hours later!!

I applaud all new businesses who embark on pleasing the masses, because apparently that is becoming a MUCH bigger task. BEST OF LUCK TO 3 GARCIA'S!!!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 4, 2012 11:37 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
hilltopstudios wrote:
When did society become so arrogant and self absorbed that we 1.) expect EVERYTHING outside our control to be absolutly perfect and without human element and 2.) When did it become OK to be so unforgiving and ITCH about it openly and frequently when its not.

When we become perfect ourselves, THEN we have right to scratch that itch. And as far as Im concerned, the above mentiond behavior is far from perfect in itself.

For me, eating out is still luxury, and even if the service is less than perfect, or the food isnt as tasty as I prefer, it is NOT a necessity and I chose to eat out, which made my life a little easier, and I don't take it personal, nor do I make it a point to complain. Life is an adventure and way too short to focus on stuff that makes no impact on my life 2 hours later!!

I applaud all new businesses who embark on pleasing the masses, because apparently that is becoming a MUCH bigger task. BEST OF LUCK TO 3 GARCIA'S!!!

:yeah that: :eat:

" Horses are in almost every breath I take and watching them run and dance in the field takes my breath away. "

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 4, 2012 12:54 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Last I checked, this was an open forum to discuss ...oh, that's right. This thread hasn't been moved to the dining room, yet. Well, when it does get moved, the whole purpose of the thread is to give one's opinion of a restaurant. Both good and bad. Personally, I appreciate the input. I appreciate the details. Not just, "I had a good meal." A few bad reviews among good ones is no biggy. But too many is a trend. My concern is not the welfare of the establishment or the owners, employees, or community. It's all about ME. It's my money. I'm not spending it to support so-and-so because they're great people and have a vision and a dream or whatever.

I go out to eat - or drink - for an experience. An adventure, a mini-vacation, an escape from reality, and hopefully it's all good. The experience includes the service. It includes the food and drinks, the ambience, and the overall value. And it's the experience that makes me come back. The best food in the world would not make up for a lousy experience. So, folks can go ahead and belittle the opinions of others. At least they're expressing their views of their first hand experience regardless of how picky you may think they're being. And there's nothing wrong with that. Take it for what's it's worth, will ya?

Post subject: 3 Garcias
Post Posted: Mar 4, 2012 1:00 pm 
Went there Friday night. We thought the service was fine and food was quite good. Green chile on my relleno and the salsa served with the chips was excellent. Tamale was good. Enchilada could have used a bit of kickin' up, flavor-wise. Only complaint was NO gin at the bar for the martini I was craving.

Oh, and ....Denny's?... IHOP?
You've GOT to be kidding! Stay home and nuke some Stouffers.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 4, 2012 3:45 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
mtree wrote:
Last I checked, this was an open forum to discuss ...oh, that's right. This thread hasn't been moved to the dining room, yet. Well, when it does get moved, the whole purpose of the thread is to give one's opinion of a restaurant. Both good and bad. Personally, I appreciate the input. I appreciate the details. Not just, "I had a good meal." A few bad reviews among good ones is no biggy. But too many is a trend. My concern is not the welfare of the establishment or the owners, employees, or community. It's all about ME. It's my money. I'm not spending it to support so-and-so because they're great people and have a vision and a dream or whatever.

I go out to eat - or drink - for an experience. An adventure, a mini-vacation, an escape from reality, and hopefully it's all good. The experience includes the service. It includes the food and drinks, the ambience, and the overall value. And it's the experience that makes me come back. The best food in the world would not make up for a lousy experience. So, folks can go ahead and belittle the opinions of others. At least they're expressing their views of their first hand experience regardless of how picky you may think they're being. And there's nothing wrong with that. Take it for what's it's worth, will ya?

Agree with you here mtree - not every review will be a good review. But the business owner can learn a lot from a review - good and bad.

If a poster has less than a good experience, they have every right to post that but a good business owner will gain much insight from that as long as the review targets particular flaws in service, food prep, etc. Rather than getting angry and jumping all over the reviewer, try to determine where something is wrong and work on making it better.

This is exactly what happened at Cancun - I placed a review and it was good for the most part but found a few problem areas - got a kind message from the owner and he stated that he was sorry and said the problems had been fixed. Unfortunately, it closed before we could return :( Now that is a class act - not this ugly and vindictive defensive approach taken by some.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 4, 2012 7:01 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Daisy ...I totally agree.

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next