It is currently Jul 19, 2018 10:34 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Taspen's Cosmic Kitchen Now Open!
Post Posted: Jan 26, 2017 3:18 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
They are located in the same space that Mauro's used to be

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Jan 29, 2017 3:14 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
After reading all the great reviews of Taspen's Cosmic Kitchen, I was disappointed after eating a late lunch there yesterday. Although the Cuban Sandwich was good, I think it is overpriced. My husband and I don't eat out often, so to spend $30 for 2 medium-sized sandwiches and a can of root beer was a little hard to swallow. This included a 10% tip (15% was suggested). Are you supposed to tip when you place your order, fetch your own silverware and drinks, and they bring you your food? I wish them well, but think their lunch menu is overpriced.

Post Posted: Jan 30, 2017 3:23 pm 
New Poster
I remember you both coming in. I would really like to thank you for coming by especially since you say you rarely go out. The fact you chose our place to come to means a lot. And that you enjoyed your food, warms my heart.

The prices of food is a delicate situation. You don't want to overprice things but you also don't want to price them at an amount that will not sustain you and you find yourself out of business because you couldn't afford to stay in business.

I don't know if others have had the same thoughts I did, prior to being in the restaurant industry. But I used to think that restaurants got their food for way less then I do as a consumer. And maybe some do, well I am imagining so if they are a big chain buying, for many restaurants or even buying conventional foods in bulk.

What I didn't know prior and maybe some of you do not as well, was that if I as a consumer go to the grocery store and buy organic, non processed with chemicals and additives, non gmo and non pesticide laden foods or even gluten free or vegan options, I am paying pretty close to the same as a restaurant purchasing the same food. Maybe even sometimes less because some of my purchases are on sale. This actually blew my mind the first time I found this out. We could use tap water for your drinking and our food prep, but the water in our complex is processed with chemicals, so we have Colorado spring water delivered. There are a number of costs that go into pricing and all must be considered when we price our food.

I have been told by suppliers that customers just don't care if the food is organic, non gmo or filled with chemical additives, pesticides and more, so their pricing because so few restaurants purchase it can not be reduced, since they cannot buy in big enough bulk and the subsidies for growers and producers are not there on organic food. I have been told the consumer is concerned with price and price alone, so I should consider other options. I understand price being a focus, many are on fixed incomes, live paycheck to paycheck or are struggling with other costs and need to find ways to be able to live on what they bring in for income.

So I understand when someone brings up the cost of their food. My only hope is to express that we are doing our best to bring each and every person we serve the best quality products we can, without sacrificing our business or our standards for organic, non processed foods. Yes it costs us a lot to buy the food, pay for the overhead and labor, be as environmentally conscious as possible, but we know how important to us this is and to others who have expressed it is to have the option to get that kind of food when wanting to eat out and we are dedicated to providing it.

Post Posted: Feb 1, 2017 8:22 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We have enjoyed our lunch at Taspen's. We will go back, just not very often as it is a bit high for our budget.Understand the pricing issues. It's a special occasion place for us and we wish you all the best!

Post Posted: Feb 3, 2017 3:10 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
We had lunch here today. I had the spanakopita. It was delicious and a huge serving, I couldn't finish it.

Post Posted: Feb 3, 2017 7:47 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I'm looking forward to trying your menu. I like healthy and usually pack my food since I'm in the truck most of the day doing stops, but it's nice to have a healthy option when I need to just sit down and have a good warm bowl of soup or something different and not be trying to drive and eat with my filthy hands that get their best wash from a horses water trough.

Post Posted: Feb 4, 2017 4:33 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We had a great lunch here today! I ordered the BLTA and my husband ordered the Cuban. We swapped halfway through so we could each try the other's food. Fantastic and fresh. There was a constant stream of visitors while we were there enjoying the soups, sandwiches, and cinnamon rolls!

Post Posted: Feb 7, 2017 1:34 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I had a similar experience. Including taxes and a smallish tip, I paid about $20 for a veggie burrito and side of coleslaw. (maybe cashier made a mistake?)
I eat exclusively organic and am mostly vegetarian, and would really appreciate a place to eat out in the area that is committed to organic, but it is difficult to justify at that price. I'd expect to pay that if it was something with free-range/organic meat, but for mostly potatoes and cabbage?? Too much $$$.

I will continue to come in when I can, but I'm afraid you will not be busy enough with your current pricing unless you are able to get the word out to "organic-etarians" like me who believe in what you are doing AND are willing to pay the extra money for it.

You might also look for better suppliers? Are you aware of these guys, for starters?
http://www.growersorganic.com/
https://kwfarms.grazecart.com/
http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/
http://www.goldenorganics.org/product-list/
http://albertsorganics.com/ (website seems to be down? but their # is (303) 537-0247 )
https://www.unfi.com/

also, both costco and amazon occasionally have pretty good organic stuff...

CosmicKitchen wrote:
I remember you both coming in. I would really like to thank you for coming by especially since you say you rarely go out. The fact you chose our place to come to means a lot. And that you enjoyed your food, warms my heart.

The prices of food is a delicate situation. You don't want to overprice things but you also don't want to price them at an amount that will not sustain you and you find yourself out of business because you couldn't afford to stay in business.

I don't know if others have had the same thoughts I did, prior to being in the restaurant industry. But I used to think that restaurants got their food for way less then I do as a consumer. And maybe some do, well I am imagining so if they are a big chain buying, for many restaurants or even buying conventional foods in bulk.

What I didn't know prior and maybe some of you do not as well, was that if I as a consumer go to the grocery store and buy organic, non processed with chemicals and additives, non gmo and non pesticide laden foods or even gluten free or vegan options, I am paying pretty close to the same as a restaurant purchasing the same food. Maybe even sometimes less because some of my purchases are on sale. This actually blew my mind the first time I found this out. We could use tap water for your drinking and our food prep, but the water in our complex is processed with chemicals, so we have Colorado spring water delivered. There are a number of costs that go into pricing and all must be considered when we price our food.

I have been told by suppliers that customers just don't care if the food is organic, non gmo or filled with chemical additives, pesticides and more, so their pricing because so few restaurants purchase it can not be reduced, since they cannot buy in big enough bulk and the subsidies for growers and producers are not there on organic food. I have been told the consumer is concerned with price and price alone, so I should consider other options. I understand price being a focus, many are on fixed incomes, live paycheck to paycheck or are struggling with other costs and need to find ways to be able to live on what they bring in for income.

So I understand when someone brings up the cost of their food. My only hope is to express that we are doing our best to bring each and every person we serve the best quality products we can, without sacrificing our business or our standards for organic, non processed foods. Yes it costs us a lot to buy the food, pay for the overhead and labor, be as environmentally conscious as possible, but we know how important to us this is and to others who have expressed it is to have the option to get that kind of food when wanting to eat out and we are dedicated to providing it.

Post Posted: Feb 7, 2017 2:56 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
This topic is a review of a local restaurant. Please keep the topic to reviews.

If wanting to discuss where to buy organic food, suppliers or anything of that nature - please open a new topic in the Pinecam Kitchen forum

Thanks so much!

Post Posted: Feb 10, 2017 3:14 pm 
Had lunch there again today. I had the black bean, zucchini tacos, $8 and they were delicious!
My husband had the cuban sandwich, that was $12, but it was huge, tons of meat. That was delicious also and he couldn't eat it
all, which was good, because I got to taste it, wow, those home made pickles are a perfect touch!

Post Posted: Apr 6, 2017 7:46 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Matt, myself and our two boys have been overwhelmed with joy at the outpouring of love from this community for what we had the opportunity to co-create. We will forever be grateful that Taspens gave us the opportunity to create something that has been so loved and the opportunity to experience it from all who came in. What an affirmation and inspiration. As of today, We are no longer a part of Taspens and the Cosmic Kitchen, but what has been created will continue to serve the community, so if you haven't been in yet, please come be a part of the experience. We have been honored to share our love of food, recipes we created, ideas we picked up over the years and our vision of community. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, I can not express in words the impact you all of had on our family. You will forever be in our hearts and we are so very grateful! The Torrella's

Post Posted: Apr 6, 2017 11:19 am 
:(

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next