It is currently Sep 22, 2018 7:17 am 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Brooks Tavern
Post Posted: Feb 18, 2017 11:14 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
We used to go to Brooke's Tavern fairly regularly when we moved up here over four years ago but somehow, we haven't gone a whole lot in the last year or two.
We've had a couple of visits recently and perhaps we just hit two "not so great" days but neither visit was very satisfactory. I could nit pick every detail that was wrong but in general, we experienced improperly cooked burgers, dry chicken burger, cold un toasted buns, soggy fries and what appeared to be toppings, such as fried onions, that had been sitting around for awhile. On our last visit, there were four of us, each having an entree and one drink, and the bill was over $90 before tip. That is not exactly a cheap lunch, which we are fine with, but I think the quality of the food needs to be addressed.
On a positive note, the service was great both times.
We will give it a try again at a near future time so I am hoping the kitchen takes note. We have always loved going there.

Post subject: Re: Brooks Tavern
Post Posted: Feb 18, 2017 3:22 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
We used to eat there a lot but the quality has changed recently. The last few times the gyros have come out skimpy and over cooked and A burger was rare when I asked for medium.

There are still plenty of things we love there but the change is disappointing.

Post Posted: Feb 19, 2017 10:46 am 
We think Brook's is HORRIBLE. Under cooked meat, cold fries, burnt flat bread (as in BLACK on the bottom), expensive, and our last waiter not recalling where we sat and tried to place our food on other's table then he couldn't remember which of us ordered which sandwich. There were only 2 of us. The food issue has happened many times and we will NOT go back. I could not force my man to go in there again, he is over Brook's and well, so I am.

Post Posted: Feb 19, 2017 11:07 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Brooks is fine. I've never had a bad experience and I've been there many, many times. About the same as it ever was. Very consistent. Decent food, great service, sports bar atmosphere, but a bit pricey. Still, for a burger tavern, its good. Best happy hour in Conifer area!

Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 4:56 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I go to Brooks on occasion, usually for a burger. I might have to agree that things have perhaps slipped a bit in terms of quality vs a couple of years back. Seems like complacency has set in. My last burger was overcooked and dry, and not as good as usual; the waiter was more interesting in watching a sporting event than in providing attentive service. The high prices don't help. I also note I don't see the owner there as much... that usually makes a difference in a restaurant. Hope they can bounce back to the way it was. I will keep giving them a try on occasion.

Post Posted: Mar 6, 2017 2:44 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Sounds like a resource management problem. The owner has been there every time we have. That may be making a difference. The food was consistently good, as were the drinks. Prices were on the slightly high side of expected, but not horrible. Prices for eating out have been sliding up all over, with the result that we simply do not eat out as often.

I would like to see a more dynamic menu, and I understand that is coming. The first time you have some of their unusual items, it's nice, but now that we have been going for years, I would like to see something besides burgers, sandwiches, salads, and lavosh. Mix it up! Do specials!

That said, the fish and chips were good last Friday. What I do NOT understand is, no onion rings??

Post subject: Brooks was a mess last night.
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2018 11:21 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Wanted to order food for pickup at 7:15, so called them at 6 with my order... Arrived at 7:15, and they'd forgotten to put our order in.... while waiting 45 minutes for our order, noticed another gentleman waiting for his to-go order, also because they'd forgotten to put it in. While I was there, noticed one family angrily leaving just as their food arrived. Started watching the wait staff try to bring a second order of food to a couple that had already been eating for at least 15 minutes.
Wasn't offered a discount, an apology or an explanation... This is not a professionally run business. Amazingly, when we finally got our food, it was cold. No idea how this could happen.

The place needs better management.

Post Posted: Feb 15, 2018 12:03 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I have noticed that there service and quality has also gone down. I was eating lunch one day and noticed the bartender cutting up limes, wipes juice on his jeans, pushed his hair back out of his face, then poured drinks, took cash and touched the registered and went back to cutting limes and never washed his hands.

The bartenders definitely need to step up their professionalism. Things have become a bit too relaxed in there. Plus they used to have amazing soup and the soup choices have gone away as well.

Last edited by laughter on Feb 15, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Feb 15, 2018 12:05 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I can't nor won't comment on what I perceive from other customers at a restaurant, but that's a bummer on your order. For future reference, ordering so far in advance is tough on a restaurant's staff. They're short order cooks and not adept at handling orders for future pickup. Order just before you arrive or even WHEN you arrive. You stand a much better chance of getting your food hot and fresh. Sure you might have to wait a little, but it'll be worth it. Brook's is not a fast casual or a "take out" place. Neither is their food. Its a sit down joint. I think you're expecting a little much. Based on that fact, I'd cut them a little slack.

Post Posted: Feb 15, 2018 12:12 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
laughter wrote:
I have noticed that there service and quality has also gone done. I was eating lunch one day and noticed the bartender cutting up limes, wipes juice on his jeans, pushed his hair back out of his face, then poured drinks, took cash and touched the registered and went back to cutting limes and never washed his hands.

The bartenders definitely need to step up their professionalism. Things have become a bit too relaxed in there. Plus they used to have amazing soup and the soup choices have gone away as well.

You're hilarious! When have you EVER seen a bartender wash his/her hands after handling cash or touching a register? They'd never get anything done. It's a BAR, not an ICU. Lighten up a little. Too funny.

Last edited by mtree on Feb 15, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Feb 15, 2018 1:05 pm 
I have never had any issues going there I think the food is good.

Post Posted: Feb 15, 2018 1:24 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We like Brooks and have never had any problems with food or service. We sometimes order take out, but we let them tell us what time it will be ready vs. what time we want it. Love the Reuben!

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next