It is currently Sep 25, 2018 5:33 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: CHINA VILLAGE CLOSED? (Update - it's open!)
Post Posted: Jun 16, 2018 11:17 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Going for take out pot stickers this weekend.

Post Posted: Jun 16, 2018 11:27 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I had lunch there yesterday and could not have been any more pleased to find such a great place to eat right here in Bailey! As someone mentioned above, it is attractively decorated and the new owner is simply "one amazing chef"!!! The food was served piping hot and was absolutely delicious! The waitress (Lynn) was attentive and friendly! They have a great lunch menu with lots of choices! Try the chicken lettuce wraps...they are even better than PF Chang's! I hope that everyone will give this place another chance....you won't regret it!

Post Posted: Jun 26, 2018 5:00 pm 
The food is better than the previous place, but good luck calling on the phone for a take out order. On four different occasions I tried to call in a take out order. On two of those times, nobody would answer the phone despite numerous attempts over 1/2 hour time period.

Post Posted: Jun 26, 2018 8:20 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
We have ordered from there 5 times since they opened never had a problem.

Post Posted: Jun 27, 2018 9:53 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We were there on Sunday and they were getting slammed. Dining room was full, and people were coming in to pick up AND place takeout orders. One woman was dealing with all of that, and one guy was running food out & also clearing tables while working the back. I'm assuming there was someone else back there also cooking & doing dishes, but I'm not certain. So when you call during one of those rushes, it's understandable that no one is available to answer the phone.

And they did it all that night with gracious smiles and some humor, while thanking everyone for their patience. I said, it's Bailey - if you're in a hurry, you must be lost :wink:

Post Posted: Jul 21, 2018 2:44 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
stopped by china village the other day, craving potstickers. got the fried version – good but different. will try steamed next time. also ordered lettuce-wrapped chicken. excellent but a full meal! both are appetizers, and i waddled out. no to-go cups yet so downed my tea. waitress very friendly and helpful. dude in kitchen also served – think he’s a manager or owner & appeared a bit dressed up for kitchen help, and since i saw another guy that stayed in kitchen. i was only one there, then 4 other groups came in – 2 were to-go orders. all handled timely. phone rang lots, it was always answered even if not immediately (lady was busy). so – service good, food good. would b hot on a hot day as no ac was on but nice & breezy for my visit. also, much cleaner than the previous version. i’ll ask about hot stuff like chili oil or spices next trip. i’ll be bak!

Post Posted: Jul 21, 2018 2:56 pm 
I have to try it but I always go to Derrick Thai. Love the pot stickers Next will be sesame chicken. It is always so good and close.

Post Posted: Jul 22, 2018 9:32 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
We wen to China Village also. PS had the Happy Family, I had Sesame Tofu. We also ordered an appetizer of Crab-Cheese wontons. The hot and sour soup was the BEST I have ever had. The wontons were piping hot and excellent. The entrees were EXCELLENT! Hot and delicious. The veggies in the meals were cooked through, but still had a bit of crunch to them. Excellent service, prices and food!!!!

Post Posted: Jul 29, 2018 7:04 am 
Had dinner at China Village last night and it was EXCELLENT! Chicken Chow Mein with Crispy Noodle and I had Moo Shu Pork both had Hot and Sour Soup! Price was right, service excellent and CLEAN. Love that we don't have to drive to Littleton to have Chinese Food. Support this Eatery as we need good food and Family atmosphere!

Post Posted: Jul 29, 2018 12:30 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
The Walnut Shrimp was fantastic

Post Posted: Sep 21, 2018 11:38 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Went there yesterday to see if it was as good as everyone here is saying. The waiter was not very friendly but efficient - I think it was just him and one other person in the kitchen. The food was excellent except for one thing. The standard brown sauce that goes over everything was WAY too sweet. I watch my sugar intake and I was shaking with sugar shock by the time we left! It would be one thing if I ordered a sweet dish but I had egg foo yung! Otherwise, I loved that they included lots of fresh-looking veggies that were cooked perfectly. Next time I'll ask for the sauce to be put on the side or left off entirely.

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3