It is currently Dec 11, 2018 8:42 am 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: RIVER BEND RESTAURANT -WHAT HAPPENED
Post Posted: Jul 10, 2018 9:43 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
So happy Riverbend is back!
We went there tonight and the food was just as good as we remembered it to be and it was so nice to sit on the patio and enjoy our food by the rushing river.
Should you decide to go there, go when you are not in a hurry to get seated.
Tonight there was a waiting period to be seated as they were short staffed and there were only a couple employees in the kitchen.
They wanted to space out the table seating so the kitchen wouldn't get flooded at once with a whole bunch of tickets which I thought was a smart idea. I would rather wait a few minutes to be seated and have food made right than be seated right away and have food quality potentially slip.
There were a couple folks who came in that were not happy about that and made it very clear to the hostess.
Honestly though, even if the food was not good, I would still go back to at least enjoy a beer by the river!
The menu is somewhat the same and I hope to see some old favorites added or put into rotation soon.
Check it out!

Post Posted: Jul 14, 2018 1:04 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Did anyone see their hours of operations days and times. Sounds like a fun place and relaxing on the river.

Post subject: IS RIVERBEND OPEN AGAIN?
Post Posted: Jul 15, 2018 8:43 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I saw lights on and cars.
Is it the same owner
Same menu? :wiggle:

Post Posted: Jul 16, 2018 2:03 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
:( I am so very disappointed. We went there yesterday for lunch. Was greeted by the owner outside who refused to sit us at a table because he just sat 30 people ahead of us. Told us we could sit at the bar until they got caught up. He was actually quite rude. Unfortunate. We will not be going back. We would have been fine just sitting at a table and looking at the river. He even suggested other places in Bailey to eat. We have been up here for several years and know all the dining places. Just sucks. I loved this place. Being treated this way I will not be going back! Not hard to serve drinks and allow us to have a view of the river! They had plenty of open tables.

Post Posted: Jul 17, 2018 7:18 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
What is up with the local "soup Nazi's" around here! The Golden Stix in Conifer has the rudest and least accommodating owner
that I have ever dealt with and I hate hearing that River Bend is following suit! We are a such a small community that needs
local support and patronage, so I don't understand why these restaurant owners cannot show even a little bit of kindness and
respect! I still think the new owner at China Village deserves a lot of kudos...this recently opened restaurant is awesome!
If you haven't been over there in the past few weeks, I suggest giving them a try! Nice atmosphere with really great food!

Post Posted: Jul 18, 2018 7:37 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
i AM SICK OF HEARING THE TERM NAZI FOR EVERYTHING THAT PEOPLE DISAGREE WITH.

Post Posted: Jul 18, 2018 8:53 pm 
New Poster
We were excited to go in the other night, but unfortunately found the previous problems have carried over in the re-opening. Despite calling ahead and being told it wasn’t busy, we were told it was a 45 minute wait because they were short on staff. We waited in the bar, to the displeasure of the bartender who wasn’t eager to serve us drinks (I didn’t entirely understand that). The food was great (despite having run out of several key items), but I think they did themselves a disservice by re-opening before they had the necessary (trained) staff on board.

Post Posted: Jul 19, 2018 7:17 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
If you happen to be a much younger person, then you would not be able to appreciate the skit on Seinfeld from the mid-nineties! My use of the word Nazi was a play on words....to contribute a bit of humor from this very funny show! This phrase was coined from their description of an arrogant owner whose service to the public was rude, obnoxious and frankly quite despicable. Lighten up! Or look it up!

Post Posted: Jul 19, 2018 10:00 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
pakrat1004 wrote:
If you happen to be a much younger person, then you would not be able to appreciate the skit on Seinfeld from the mid-nineties! My use of the word Nazi was a play on words....to contribute a bit of humor from this very funny show! This phrase was coined from their description of an arrogant owner whose service to the public was rude, obnoxious and frankly quite despicable. Lighten up! Or look it up!

Although off-topic, I see your point and completely understand your reference. However, I too, agree with Red Hat. The use of "Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld is overly used and the humor is lost in translation. The Seinfeld episode used the term to show how silly it is to label someone as excessive and fanatical as a Nazi over something as meaningless as a bowl of soup. The application doesn't really transfer very well to other situations...even though you may think so. Calling out "Nazi" immediately chops the conversation down to the lowest common denominator and strips away all credibility from one's point of view. Labeling someone as such because you disagree with their actions or behavior is ridiculous, but it also sounds amazingly ignorant. It completely ignores recent history and the immense atrocities inflicted upon millions of people by the actions of the real Nazis. And the real WWII Nazis were not in the least bit funny.

OK. I'm off my soapbox. Back to the River Bend topic! I have not been there since the reopening. Although I love the outdoor seating, the service of the original version was suspect and it seems it has not improved with the new incarnation. I'll give them a chance to work out the kinks and see what happens.

Post Posted: Jul 19, 2018 1:50 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Went by there today. It was closed and sign hanging above the door said, "Re-opening again soon."

Post Posted: Jul 19, 2018 6:44 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
mtree- Thanks for explaining it better than I could. In this era of ugly political name calling, one could certainly find a better word to express humor. It isn't funny, if it ever was.

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2018 6:01 am 
Interesting comments and a sad validation that we have become a society that seems almost eager to be offended, and condemn someone that was simply making a quoted reference.
All pakrat did was make a reference familiar in our culture and then complimented a new establishment in our community. Free speech, and exchange of perspectives and ideas is a great thing, so is humor. If you are so offended and angered by something so insignificant as a reference to a fictional character then I really feel sorry for you.

Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next