| Page 1 of 1
||[ 1 post ]|
Post subject: Wildland Fire Mitigation Workshop - Thanks to All
Posts pretty often
Joined: Aug 23, 2007 9:23 am
Community to participate in Wildland Fire Mitigation Workshop
With the increasing risks of fire in the urban interface, Inter-Canyon Fire/Rescue will provide a Community Wildfire Mitigation workshop on Saturday April 30, 2011 at Inter-Canyon Fire/Rescue Station Three from 2:00 to 5:00 PM. This workshop, hosted by Inter-Canyon Fire/Rescue, will provide residents of the 285 corridor with an opportunity to identify wildfire risks to their homes and property through the use of photos. Firefighters will review the photos with residents and identify risks and proper mitigation efforts.
Residents of the 285 corridor who would like to discuss risks and proper mitigation efforts for their home are asked to bring several photos of their properties, including photos of:
• Address markings on the road
• Driveway access including corners, overhanging trees and brush, parking and turn-around areas and an estimate of the length
• All water sources
• All sides of the home and other buildings with any brush and trees within 30 feet.
Residents can meet with a wildland firefighter and review the photos at any time during the workshop.
In addition to risk identification the workshop will also offer:
• Wildland Fire in the Urban Interface Presentation. This presentation will focus on the unique risks to the Colorado Foothills, mitigation, triage of homes during a wildland fire, citizen and firefighter safety and firefighting techniques. The presentation will be held at 3:00 PM at ICFR Station 3.
• Demonstrations of wildland firefighting techniques, held at 2:00 and 4:00 PM, including:
o Handcrews, the tools and techniques used by handcrews such as creating a fireline.
o Brush trucks and engines working in the urban interface such as structure triage, mitigation during a fire, fire suppression by the engines.
o Demonstrations of firefighting equipment.
o Opportunities for residents to try wildland firefighting tools.
The workshop is being offered free of charge to the 285 community. Inter-Canyon Fire/Rescue Station 3 is located at 8445 South Highway 285 in Morrison, Colorado.
| Page 1 of 1
||[ 1 post ]|
|You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
Most users ever online was 2823 on Mar 26, 2012 7:26 pm
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest