It is currently Nov 15, 2018 9:40 am 

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Martin Truex FRONT ROW!!!!!!!!! for NASCAR Furniture Row #78
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2014 8:51 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Kurt Busch went to Stewart-Haas; good riddance.

The only NASCAR team west of the Mississippi, Denver welcomes Martin Truex driving for the Solid Black number 78 Furniture Row Chevy. Today he Leads The Pack in practice, #1 at Daytona Beach, FL:
Furniture Row Racing general manager Joe Garone announced today that the Denver, Colo.-based organization has entered into a multiyear agreement with Martin Truex Jr. to drive the team’s No. 78 Chevrolet, beginning with the 2014 Sprint Cup Series season.

Garone, sitting alongside Truex, made the announcement during a news conference at Texas Motor Speedway, site of Sunday's AAA Texas 500.

“We couldn’t be happier to have landed one of the top drivers in NASCAR,” said Garone. “Martin’s talents – both on and off the track -- have been well documented and everyone at Furniture Row Racing feels that he is an excellent fit to continue the success that we have enjoyed this season."

Truex, a 33-year-old native of Mayetta, N.J., is currently in his eighth season as a full time Sprint Cup competitor. He joined NASCAR’s premier series in 2006 after claiming back-to-back Nationwide Series season championships in 2004 and 2005.

His Sprint Cup history includes four full seasons with Dale Earnhardt Inc and Earnhardt Ganassi Racing (2006-2009) and four with his current team Michael Waltrip Racing (2010-2013).

“Furniture Row Racing has been high on my radar,” said Truex. “The team has done a great job this year. It’s a talented organization and it has been impressive to see what they’ve accomplished over the past few seasons. What influenced my decision is team owner Barney Visser and that the team really wants me as its driver. Everything else is important, but I really felt like Furniture Row Racing genuinely wanted me to drive for them."

A two-time Chase participant (2011 and 2012), Truex scored a victory this season with an impressive performance at the June road race in Sonoma, Calif.

“While I am thrilled to be the new driver of the No. 78 Furniture Row Chevrolet, I want to express a sincere thank you to Michael Waltrip, Rob Kauffman and the entire Michael Waltrip Racing team for supporting my career over the past four seasons,” said Truex.

Entering this weekend’s Texas race, Truex has Sprint Cup career totals of 294 starts, two wins, 30 top-fives, 88 top-10s, seven poles and 1,889 laps led.

Truex created the Martin Truex Jr. Foundation in 2006 with a slogan “Hooked on Helping.” The foundation, which has raised more than $1 million, touches the lives of children stricken with illness, poverty and neglect. Truex also took a leading role last year among racers seeking relief for victims of Hurricane Sandy, which devastated his home area in New Jersey.

FurnitureRowRacing.com

Still following Regan Smith!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Martin Truex FRONT ROW!!!!!!!!! for NASCAR Furniture Row
Post Posted: Feb 16, 2014 2:01 pm 
Denver's own Furniture Row racing take second place but a solid front row for the grid for Daytona's 500 miles this Saturday!! Great work Team!!!

Post Posted: Feb 22, 2014 4:24 pm 
Regan Smith wins the minor league race at Daytona today!!!!!!

On to the Sprint Cup tomorrow!!!!

Post Posted: Feb 23, 2014 8:18 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I was happy that FRR got into the Chase last year but even happier to see Kurt B leave. Truex has a great sense of humor....it will be fun following him this year.

And YEAH! for Regan Smith!!! I follow his tweets and he still his home in Evergreen, although I bet he doesn't get to see it as much as he did over the winter.

Post Posted: Aug 18, 2017 8:00 pm 
First in the points with Martin, Many top tens for Eric Jones, it is a productive season for Furniture Row (2017), I'll be watching to the end!

Post Posted: Aug 18, 2017 8:39 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Yep,,it has been fun following the #78 and #77 Team this year!

Post Posted: Aug 19, 2017 3:00 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
To bad he's in a Toy.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]