It is currently Sep 18, 2018 7:54 pm 

Notice: The Corral Classified Ads has been changed to The Barnyard Classified Ads.

click here for classified ad policies. if you are not familiar with the Pinecam forums, click here for a help topic.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Need to quickly rehome my goats
Post Posted: Apr 14, 2018 11:26 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
I love my goats so much, that's why I need to re-home them. We've lost 2 goats to bears and I can't handle losing another one. We live way out in the wilderness by Wellington Lake and the bears seem to be more aggressive out here than in Bailey, where they have trash cans and stuff for them to go after.

These two Nigerian Pygmy goats, Butch and Alfie, are wethered, so no breeding, but that makes them calmer. They're so fun to play with and they even stay at my side when we go on hikes, which they love to do.

This has been a very tough decision, but it needs to be done. I know my grand kids aren't going to be very happy about it, they love playing with them and so do their friends that come over to stay the night. They love playing with my 2 y/o grandson and he loves it.

I'm tired of running to the windows to check on them, especially when I've been sleeping. Every noise and yap from our dogs gets us all concerned. We have considered electric fence, but we have a lot of kids in the backyard at times and I don't think a fence like that would really keep the bears at bay anyway. Since they are considered Livestock, DOW came out a few times to catch the bears. One was caught in our back yard and he's not the only one out here.

Not only do these goats make good pets, they also make good companions for other critters like Horses, Mules etc. They have lived with horses and a pot bellied pig and have never once been aggressive towards them. You will need a trailer or maybe a pickup to transfer them because we don't have one.

I hope someone will want and love my babies for the rest of their lives.

Click on the link below to watch a video of them

https://youtu.be/9nCM3vRHjQI

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Post subject: Re: Need to quickly rehome my goats
Post Posted: Apr 14, 2018 1:13 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
:love:

I hope you find the perfect place for them. I know how hard this is.

Post Posted: Apr 14, 2018 8:15 pm 
Please make sure the new owners have goats already and have a fortress setup to protect them. Electric fences are essential. Maybe there are goat rescue organizations?

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Apr 15, 2018 11:27 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I am sorry to learn of your bear troubles. We had a bear get one of our pigs. After that, we installed electric fence. No trouble since. I know you said you were concerned with having children in the area and that the fence wouldn't work. The fence can always be turned off when little children are working around them and turned back on during bear time. Campers and hikers use portable electric fencing to keep bears out of their food. The Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center has a video documenting their experiment with electric fencing, food and bears. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv2G-aRDvyY

I hope this helps.

Post Posted: Apr 15, 2018 11:57 am 
Please check your PMs

Post Posted: Apr 20, 2018 11:12 am 
New Poster
When I was a little kid we had electric fences. It didn't take long to figure out to stay away from them. Get the fence, the kids will figure it out.

Post Posted: Apr 25, 2018 8:45 am 
any updates? we care!

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]