help unite a lost pet with their owner
please update Pinecam ASAP when the pet and owner are reunited

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: 11/28 - Still Missing - Cat gray and white shorthair
Post Posted: Nov 28, 2018 7:03 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Ollie is still missing. We’ve searched high and low in the neighborhood. It’s not unimaginable that he may have wandered into Woodside near Lodgepole and Gateway.
——
Our cat ,Ollie, got out 11/27/18 around 4:30pm near Aspen Lane Ct. in the Elk Falls Ranch Subdivision. He’s gray and white, about 12 pounds, and walks with a slight limp due to an injury he sustained as a kitten. When he sits, that leg sticks out to the side. He’s pretty nimble in spite of the injury, even chasing the foxes off the property.

Ollie usually sticks close to the house on cold days, but he didn’t return last night. He’s super sweet and will talk to you. Also, he is microchipped.

We really miss him terribly and have searched up the trees in many of our neighbors yards (we’ve logged at least 15 miles of walking). Please let us know if you’ve seen him.

Thanks!
Kristen
917-679-9834

Post subject: Re: 11/28 - Still Missing - Cat gray and white shorthair
Post Posted: Dec 2, 2018 9:41 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
We have one of our boys get out (indoor only kitties) once and I created a grid that I walked over and over and over. It was a BIG GRID out from the house. I did not go to work and committed myself to walking and yelling and walking and putting flyers up and knocking on neighbor's doors with flyers.
FINALLY on the 3rd day, I sat down on a ridge to look with binoculars and screamed his name again and this time he answered! He was 30 feet UP in a lodgepole pine and could not get down. This boy is Siamese, so very vocal but he stayed quiet all the other times we were walking and SCREAMING his name.
Cats get hunkered down and quiet outside. Don't give up and don't stop looking. Our boy was about 1/4 mile away up in the forest. LOOK UP! Don't be embarrassed to SCREAM and then STOP and be quiet and wait longer than you think you need to and LISTEN. Cats operate on a different response time schedule than we do. A lot slower, so be still and listen.
I am sorry you are going through this. I hope you find him.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Dec 2, 2018 11:35 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
i too, am sorry you are missing your kitty....have you checked the animal shelters around the area? there was a cat that looked similar to yours at imhs last week...i got a glimpse of it in 'the hustler' paper. not saying it's yours, but a good idea to keep checking places...in addition the what wiley said. good luck.

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really.
-Agnes Sligh Turnbull-

Post Posted: Dec 3, 2018 7:50 am 
Thanks so much! We’ve been hiking around our yard and the neighborhood. Looking high and low... my fear was that he got tree’d high up. But I was hoping he would cry out if we were near (he’s very vocal usually). Logged 7 miles on Thursday and another 5 both Friday and Saturday. We even revisited places we thought we heard him (there’s birds that make a similar sound :(

We’ve checked shelters and all the local vets. Will do so again today. Posted online and will post more posters around town today.

With the cold that hit Saturday night, I’m not sure anymore. My only hope is that the year and half that he was an outdoor cat before we rescued him was enough to help him out now.

Thanks!
Kristen

Post Posted: Dec 3, 2018 9:00 am 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Hopefully, someone took him in and will see one of your posts. Would he go up to a new person?

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Where there is breath, there is hope.

Post Posted: Dec 3, 2018 5:13 pm 
I’d like to think he would...

Post Posted: Dec 3, 2018 9:55 pm 
cats can survive the cold, don't worry about that. I am telling you, my boy (who people ask if I have a goat when on the phone) is loud and vocal and he let us go by for 2 1/2 days before answering. they get quiet out there. put his litter box outside to help him smell his way home. don't give up hope. maybe the snow will help you track. I am sorry you are going through this.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Dec 7, 2018 5:57 pm 
On the lookout in WOW.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]