help unite a lost pet with their owner
please update Pinecam ASAP when the pet and owner are reunited

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: 6/21 Found Rabbits
Post Posted: Jun 20, 2018 9:07 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Two rabbits, not wild, very comfortable around people but we have not been able to catch them. Richmond Hill Road area. Please call to identify. 303-816-1058 (No Text)

Last edited by lifeizgood on Jun 21, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Found Rabbits
Post Posted: Jun 21, 2018 9:53 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Unfortunately people dump domestic rabbits once the “ Easter” novelty has worn off.
Another scenario is a wild animal knocked over their hutch somewhere and they wandered to your place.
Either way they are on borrowed time out there without shelter.

Contact the House Rabbit society, they may be able to offer some guidance or a safe place if you catch them.

https://coloradohrs.org/

Post subject: Re: Found Rabbits
Post Posted: Jun 21, 2018 1:43 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Thanks for the resource. Though I would like to be positive and give everyone the benefit of the doubt, I know it is a very real possibility these little ones have been dumped. Having had livestock all my life I have seen an unfair share of dumped dogs, cats, pups and kittens over my many years. There was even this one dog that kept showing up at our barn, with tags, so we'd call the owner. They would come get it but he'd keep coming back (hmmm). After it was hit by a car they said they didn't want it back and left it with us. Of course we took it to the vet, and it needed an amputation. We have house buns and I cannot even imagine dumping a domesticated animal out in the wild. Just watching these two, they are a little clueless to their surroundings, out sunbathing in the middle of a field in midday! I sat with them today, within a couple of feet, but could not catch them. I have a call into the CO house rabbits society you pointed out and am waiting advice on how to catch them. It's a bit different trying to catch buns outside than it is inside the house. In the meantime, they are happily meandering around our barns nibbling grass.

Post subject: Re: 6/21 Found Rabbits
Post Posted: Jun 21, 2018 6:35 pm 
Thanks for caring and looking out fir them. Rabbits make lovely pets, I’m so allergic to alfalfa though!!
I took in wandering mini blue point long haired bunny a few years ago that appeared in someone’s barn. Ester Bunny was a dream but I itched and sneezed and finally got her a nice home.

Maybe a big wire dog crate baited with yummy bunny food and covered with a tarp will coax them in? Game cam to monitor it?
:bunny:

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]