It is currently May 24, 2018 11:55 am 

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Posting for friend - birds that need to be rehomed
Post Posted: May 14, 2018 12:49 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I'm posting this for a friend that lives in Denver. She is moving and can not bring her birds with her. This is a copy/paste of her message for finding a home for her birds. I am also uploading a photo she sent me, if she sends me more photos, I will update this topic. Please PM me if you are interested in any of her birds. Thanks.

"I have birds to rehome . Squeakers is a female lovebird who is now single (her 18 year old mate passed last month). I'm not sure if she could be with another mate as lovebirds can be quite particular. She is not tame but is beautiful, if anyone wants a look but don't touch bird (she does allow me to catch her in a towel to trim her beak or nails from time to time). She is older, maybe 9 or 10? I forget what year she was born.

Daisy is a grey cockatiel, shy but could be tamed by someone patient. She is a rescue and I believe was previously abused. She has lived with other cockatiels with no issues (her female buddy passed last year). I'm not sure of her age, around 10 I think) but she is healthy and active. She does have issues with one wing that I believe results from an injury before I adopted her.

Kachina is a handsome pied male ringneck dove. He coos often and is quite a character. He would be a fun interactive bird for someone and once he settled in would most likely allow handling; I can pick him up and hold him, and he sometimes flies to me or gets up on my hand. He is at least 15 and still quite active; birds do age gracefully and 15 is still young for a dove, from what I have read.

Again, this kills me to give up my buddies; I have had Squeakers and Kachina since they were very young; Daisy is a rescue. I'm looking for wonderful bird experienced homes for them; they are all amazing birds. I do have cages, but they aren't in the best of shape, so it might be best if whoever takes them has a secure transport cage and a permanent cage already."

I could only find a picture of Kachina, the dove; I have pictures of Daisy and Squeakers but cannot find them right now :/

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]