It is currently Nov 20, 2014 3:29 pm 

:rose: Community Memorials Where We Remember Those We Have Lost :rose:

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Evergreen Fire Board Recall Election Date
Post Posted: Mar 1, 2013 4:28 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often

Last edited by evergreencitizen on Mar 1, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mar 1, 2013 4:33 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Like I said before: I will make myself available for civil discussions and I will answer reasonable questions. The current "wolf pack" behavior does not seem a good basis for discussions about valid points such as how much firefighting (of forest fire fighting) experience is necessary to assume a fire district board position.

I'll wait until you all had a chance to shoot your poison and then we can return to something productive. I wish you all a very nice weekend, it's supposed to be mostly sunny and warm.

Post Posted: Mar 1, 2013 4:40 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
evergreencitizen wrote:
Like I said before: I will make myself available for civil discussions and I will answer reasonable questions. The current "wolf pack" behavior does not seem a good basis for discussions about valid points such as how much firefighting (of forest fire fighting) experience is necessary to assume a fire district board position.

I'll wait until you all had a chance to shoot your poison and then we can return to something productive. I wish you all a very nice weekend, it's supposed to be mostly sunny and warm.

....to add to your post, it'll be sunny, warm, and dry, and matchstick dangerous, and there's an out-of-control forest/interface fire burning NOW in February/March in San Diego, and the RMNP fire started in October is still not completely out, after all the snow they've had.

The present EFD volunteers put out a fire in a house up Skyline Dr, that started when a Corvette spilled fuel, that did not even touch the forest interface.
Can we expect the same on-task performance right out of the box when the guard changes?

Just adding food for thought, not fuel for the fire.

Last edited by Lazierfan on Mar 1, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mar 1, 2013 4:46 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
evergreencitizen wrote:
Rest of EGC:

I don't have anything to hide and I disclosed my status to help facilitate the discussion. I have not seen you say who you are.

But that's fine. If this helps you to feel better, I can take it. But I have to tell you that I don't have time to discuss things like this. I'll make time to participate in discussions that contribute to educating the voter.

Actually, politicians or those that are running for office or a seat usually fully disclose their intentions in public forums and not hide. “Hi my name is Bob Smith….and I am running for the position of….and here is my position.”

Mr. Koller only disclosed his true identity only after being asked repeatedly of his role in the recall campaign at no time did he stand up and announce, “My name is Daniel Koller and I want your vote….”

On the contrary, Mr. Koller has not been forthright in his intentions while at the same waving the Recall flag. One must wonder why hide when you are running or public office, Mr. Koller?

You can call me Mary, Lisa, Bob or Chuck....but it doesn't really matter because I am not the one running for office...but I and the rest of the community are the ones to decide if we want to hire you. Consider this your job interview.

Post Posted: Mar 1, 2013 4:51 pm 
Rest of E'grn Ctzns wrote:
Consider this your job interview.

Post Posted: Mar 1, 2013 5:18 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
I would like them to hold a public meeting for questions to be asked.

My guess is that Station 2 would be happy to let you have it there. If you think we are tough at times wait, it is a lot harder to think on the fly and answer questions live than being able to think about your answer before you type it.

Post Posted: Mar 1, 2013 5:42 pm 
snow wrote:

My guess is that Station 2 would be happy to let you have it there. If you think we are tough at times wait, it is a lot harder to think on the fly and answer questions live than being able to think about your answer before you type it.

Good grief, you people think before you type?!?!?!

That certainly explains a lot.... :doh:

I gotta try that sometime.

Post Posted: Mar 1, 2013 6:42 pm 
dmcdd wrote:
snow wrote:

Good grief, you people think before you type?!?!?!

That certainly explains a lot.... :doh:

I gotta try that sometime.

:rof laughing: :rof laughing: :rof laughing:

Post Posted: Mar 1, 2013 10:05 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
At the wild fire forum the other night they mentioned how since they and received the go ahead from the voters the department had invested in new stations and equipment to to be housed in them all with the goal of lowering response times . Just wondering if anyone had figures that supported this??
Given the current views on taxes and implications from Tabor I wonder how those opposed to the building of a training center/ Burn building can honestly say that the current board has not acted in the interest of both the tax payers (who approved the funding) and the Fire fighters who will train there??/
a side note other than to dismiss my suggestion that you get off you actually visit some burn buildings (which I take it you have no interest in doing), Ans given the lack of interest you have shown in actually doing any information gathering (besides a goggle search) what qualifies any of the the proposed Board members to sit on a fire Board?? I see some corporate experience but public service (with the exception of the lady from NYC)?(there truly is a difference you know)

Post Posted: Mar 1, 2013 10:51 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Lazierfan wrote:
evergreencitizen wrote:

....to add to your post, it'll be sunny, warm, and dry, and matchstick dangerous, and there's an out-of-control forest/interface fire burning NOW in February/March in San Diego, and the RMNP fire started in October is still not completely out, after all the snow they've had.

The present EFD volunteers put out a fire in a house up Skyline Dr, that started when a Corvette spilled fuel, that did not even touch the forest interface.
Can we expect the same on-task performance right out of the box when the guard changes?

I don't even think The Onion could have made up this story...
I don't think you'll have to worry about a "changing of the guard"

Post Posted: Mar 2, 2013 4:20 am 
sunsetinthepines wrote:
Lazierfan wrote:
evergreencitizen wrote:

I don't even think The Onion could have made up this story...
I don't think you'll have to worry about a "changing of the guard"

From an article five days ago:
KUNC.com wrote:
Despite Sunday's snowstorm that dumped up to two feet of snow along the Front Range, officials are not yet ready to declare the Fern Lake Fire out.

The fire began Oct. 9 in Rocky Mountain National Park and grew to nearly 6 square miles. Rain and snow during December knocked down the fire considerably, but it continued to smolder into January.

“There’s been no smoke visible for more than a month,” says RMNP spokeswoman Kyle Patterson. Officials can’t verify whether it’s out until they can fly over the area using infrared, which Patterson says won’t happen for a few months.

KUNC.com

RIVERSIDE, Calif. — Firefighters stopped the spread of a 311-acre wildfire in the heavily vegetated Santa Ana River bottom Friday, despite gusty Santa Ana winds and extremely dry conditions amid a late-winter heat spell.

Firefighters continued to work on hotspots, and a firefighting helicopter was on standby, said Greg Birchfield, a spokesman for the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection in Riverside County.

UT.com

There is no convincing some people, even when the facts get in the way haha!
I am in awe that there is someone who lives in Evergreen who does not believe a fire was heroically stopped in its tracks with no spread. Do you really think I made these examples out of thin air? Really? Love the way you're introducing civility to the discussion. I'm challenging E.C.'s side with questions I'd like answered, not asking sunsetinthepines. I'm with you in that I don't have to worry about a changing of the guard, and thank-you for your contribution; however, I want to hear it directly from E.C., But you seem to feel I can't introduce debate. Sad.

Post Posted: Mar 2, 2013 9:54 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
evergreencitizen wrote:

Dear Mr. Koller,

The reason why some of us on Pinecam & Evergreenbound, including myself, may seem to be attacking you is because whether you realize it or not, you are in fact attacking the Evergreen community by attacking the Fire Board and the Volunteer Fire Department.

I realize that in the few short years that you have lived here you may not have come to the realization that the community is as much as the fire department as the fire department is as much as the community. Because members of the volunteer fire department must reside in the fire district, our families, friends and neighbors make up the fire department. Many of the families of Evergreen have seen generations serve on the fire department. So the department is deeply rooted within the Evergreen community.

We realize the commitment, dedication, and sacrifices that these men and women have given the Evergreen community for the past 60 plus years and if erecting a training building at a place that they have been training for the past quarter of a century will allow them to be better firefighters. Then let them build it and train there.

If these men and women of the Evergreen community are willing to take the risk and possibly make the ulitmate sacarfice to rescue our children in a fire…to put their lives on the line so we don’t lose a loved one, then let them build their training building and become better firefighters so that they can save us and you.

So when you and your fellow Recall Folks threaten the Fire Board and the department, we will not idly stand by because we see through the smoke and mirrors that you have presented to the community. You guys made the choice of moving next to the fire department training center, the community didn’t force you to move where you live….you did. And now you attack the community.

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8