Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Wasn't impossible though

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=153333

Post subject: Re: Beware of Safeway price fraud
Post Posted: Jul 5, 2013 9:52 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Not if you don't mind waiting for weeks for a call that never comes.

Post Posted: Jul 5, 2013 10:09 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
KS came into this market knowing it had to compete with Safeway. I'm not impressed.

Post Posted: Jul 5, 2013 10:31 pm 
Good service is good competition.

Post Posted: Jul 6, 2013 8:35 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I do not shop Safeway. I do not like the way the store is organized and I find the managers there to be arrogant and downright snobs. The regular employees are nice, but there is an air about them too that they are there only for a paycheck - actually I know this is true. I will NEVER buy Safeway produce in particular. I know that at the warehouse, the way they load their trailers is a health hazard to many items - especially produce. I worry about acoli that could be present in their produce because of their lazy, lack of protecting their loads.

Post Posted: Jul 6, 2013 8:43 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
daisypusher wrote:
"I am in the habit of bringing the sale sign to the checkout"

"Sometimes, though, they won't have the sale sign out"

So the missing sale sign could be at the checkout?

Ha Ha! Good point! If we don't see the sign or the product, we ask. That's when they are rude and inconvenienced. We have held them to their ad and have always been successful. I tolerate the rudeness. King Soopers meat people are much nicer and they don't "lose" the product or the sale sign! We just like Safeway meat better.

BTW, we DO most of our shopping at Wal Mart once a week! Who can beat a $3.00 big box of cereal? All our cleaning, paper goods, staples.... name brand, are much cheaper than up here and even Costco. Costco is for baking supplies, some produce, paper products and party food.. Their meat prices are not cheaper than Safeway or King Soopers sale prices if you know the price per pound.

Safeway is for meat, Kings for produce and if we don't have time to go to town.
It's about budget and saving money.

Also, the only price screw ups we have experienced at Wal Mart are when the cashier rings an item twice. I catch it that moment because I watch. They don't rush me out and I usually know how much the total will be. If we catch a mistake later, they cheerfully correct it for me. No deliberate misleading there or King Soopers or Costco in our experience. The only problem we experience at King Soopers is they sometimes run out of sale produce. We get it later, and no price screw ups. And no Attitude!

Post Posted: Jul 6, 2013 8:50 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I buy a lot of my meat at Sams. Its just really good cuts of meat!

Post Posted: Jul 6, 2013 8:39 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Plumdog wrote:
It happens all the time! Not just Safeway (but they are the worst), The price tags and displays are meant to confuse so you grab what you think is a great deal, only to get charged a lot more while they distract you at the register with all that phoney-baloney "did you find everything OK?" while the bagger person asks questions at the same time. They stuff all your things into bags and grab your money so fast you don't what the heck just happened. And you can't see the register report as it rings up! (WalMart). Screw 'em. Hope they go broke.

Mistakes do happen. The price tags and displays are not put up to confuse people, they are put up to promote a product. There are many reasons why the item doesn't ring up the price the tag says, but 9 times out of 10 it will be because the sale ended and the sign/tag got missed. I work at Walgreens, and every week we pull down tags and put up new ones, in a store that sells thousands of items, it is very likely to miss a sign or a tag. The Walgreens policy is that if something rings up wrong we will sell it to the customer for the lesser price.

That was a pretty harsh accusation to say that the cashier tries to distract you and then takes your money before you know what happened. Also you can see the cashier report if you watch your pin pad. Some stores let you see their screen, but others it is all on the pin pad.
Nobody in the grocery stores is out to get you! Mistakes do happen!
I will agree, sometimes employees go about handling problems in the wrong way, and that is wrong, and I'm sorry if you've ever been treated poorly at a store.

There are surveys on the bottom of receipts, if you are unhappy with an experience go online and take the survey. The managers, employees, and corporate sees it, and if enough people complain they will make changes!

Post Posted: Jul 6, 2013 8:47 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
SomethingDifferent wrote:
King Soopers vs Safeway post number 7,341,324,567,849,365.

Here is the deal. No matter what you can't get rid of the other. One sucks just as much as the other. One excels over the other and so on.

IMO

If you need to fill the pantry go to King Soopers. (store brand focus is quantity.)
You need good quality food go to Safeway. (store brand focus is quality.)

Both stores employ people. People have bad days. You have bad days. We all have bad days.

Let's give a little on Business. Less is more and more is less. Welcome to America. The only competitor left to these two corporations in this state is Walmart.

Very well said!
I like that you mentioned calling the 1-800 number as well.
If YOU are unhappy, bring it to management, then bring it to corporate. Something will be done if there is enough complaints about it.

Post Posted: Jul 7, 2013 7:34 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Everything for most company's are top down. In Safeway's case its a don't give a s*** attitude. You wouldn't believe how the warehouse is run. I don't think calling the 1-800 line is going to work in their situation. Maybe, but probably not. I heard they recently hired on a new CEO. I can only hope that he/she can change things around. The arrogance is out of control, and if they stay on this track, could end up like Albertsons. Sad. I think competition is good.

Complaints, even pictures have been taken. They were ignored, and in some cases, they responded by making the problems worse. And I've heard the Denver operations are not the only ones like this.

I know it seems like my posts have been from the underside of this post, but the point is this arrogance, the errors, everything, filters throughout the company. The problem that was stated in the original post is not just a Conifer problem, it is an Evergreen, Leadville, Gunnison, Greeley, all the stores pfoblem (I guess the Lander store is run pretty good).

Safeway could have a wakeup call if they were put on Undercover Boss.

Last edited by BarbL on Jul 7, 2013 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Jul 7, 2013 7:48 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
What are the specifics about how the warehouse is run. I'm curious as we bring product into them twice a week.

Post Posted: Jul 7, 2013 8:02 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
spanky454 wrote:
What are the specifics about how the warehouse is run. I'm curious as we bring product into them twice a week.

Sorry Spanky......... People still need to work.

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next