It is currently Sep 21, 2017 10:33 pm 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: I've Been Wondering....
Post Posted: Sep 13, 2017 11:37 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I've been wondering ... about Big Pharma advertising. It appears that most of the big drug companies spend more on advertising than they do on research. I can understand the need to sell prescribing doctors on new and "better" drugs. But what is the business model that makes it effective to advertise to the general public via TV ads? Any ad that contains the phrase "ask your doctor ..." is undoubtedly for a prescription-only drug that can only be obtained via a doctor's prescription. So why the obscene amount of money spent on TV ads? Are they expecting us Joe and Jill Schmoes to badger our doctors for specific drugs? I for one would never consider that ... I would expect my doctor to know or research the best drug to prescribe for a specific condition. I just don't get the saturation advertising that these drug companies employ to the general public and what the payback is.

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6