It is currently Nov 13, 2018 9:45 am 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: 2018 Safeway Monopoly Spreadsheet
Post Posted: Feb 10, 2018 8:53 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Safeway has started their monopoly game again. Rather than pasting all those little pieces on the board, I created a spreadsheet to keep track of my pieces like last time. I attached a blank spreadsheet in Excel and CSV formats if you want to play the game this way and a printable sheet for those who are not spreadsheet users.

Monopoly Board Pattern (not important to know...)

Looking at the board with the right flap open:

1. Starting at the center of the board and continuing around counterclockwise from "GO", the play codes pattern is NnnLa with:
    • Nnn ranging from 101 thru 190
    • La ranging from AA thru SD
  2. On front of the right flap, the play codes pattern is is NnnLa with:
    • Nnn ranging from 181 thru 211
    • La ranging from TA thru ZE
  3. On rear of the right flap, the play codes pattern is is NnnLa with:
    • Nnn ranging from 212 thru 242
    • La ranging from AA thru HD

How to Use the Spreadsheet

You of course must first download either version of the spreadsheet and import it into your spreadsheet application or download and print the PDF file.

The code pattern is NnnLa. In all cases the nn portion is not used.

1. The first column is the first number (N), the next two numbers (nn) as x, and the first letter (L) for a code group.
For example, first code in the 1 million cash markers is 101AA, so the row is 1xA

2. The second column is how many pieces for that code group are needed to win.
For example, the 1 million cash needs 8 pieces to win. The columns are filled in from left to right, according to the number of pieces needed for that code group. So if the # column is 4, you need the A, B, C, D columns filled in to win.

3. The next columns are labeled A through H. This corresponds to the last letter (a) of each code.
For example, 101AH would correspond to the H column of row 1xA.

note: the $20,000 College Tuition code group deviates from the pattern as the codes go from 196XA through 200XE. The spread sheet does not have both a 1 and a 2 in the prefix column, you should just fill in the E column if you get that piece.

For each Monopoly piece you get at Safeway, put an x in the square that is a match for the row and the corresponding letter column. A ticket has 4 pieces. Keep ALL your tickets until the end of the game, just in case.

Rare Monopoly Pieces

Last year CooknThyme pointed out there is a website with rare pieces. Here's the rare pieces for 2018. The spreadsheet has an R indicating the rare piece(s) for each code group.

Winning a Prize

If you fill in the required number of pieces needed for a code group in the spreadsheet, you won that prize.

If I win a prize (my spreadsheet shows I have the required number of pieces for code group), I'll look through all my saved tickets and tear off the pieces for the winning code group and just paste those on my board.

(if you see an error in the spreadsheet, please let me know. thanks)

Good luck, I hope one of us wins one of the $1 million case prizes or one of the 1 million dollar vacation homes. :hugegrin:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: 2018 Safeway Monopoly Spreadsheet
Post Posted: Feb 10, 2018 9:27 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Oh no, not again...lol

Post Posted: Feb 10, 2018 11:22 am 
That was my reaction also, gsellers. I said this to the checker on Thursday and she told me how she saved about $400 with the coupons. I sure didn't...

Post Posted: Feb 12, 2018 7:16 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly

Post Posted: Feb 13, 2018 6:16 am 
copadrino link goes to an online way to track your pieces. Track Markers

Quote:
Keep track of how close you are to claiming a collect & win prize. When you scan the square 2-D barcode from the back of your game ticket, the game markers included in that game ticket will automatically be reflected on this page. Or you can check the box next to the game marker to indicate that you have already collected this game marker.

You can also download an app for your iPhone or Android device.

Quote:
Download the new Shop, Play, Win® app and use the code scanning feature to submit codes and see results faster.

Here's where to enter the codes you get for a chance for another prize. You have to create an account if you don't already have a Just For You account. You type in codes you get on a non-coupon ticket and see if you won another prize. I do this but it's a pain to type in the code and last year, the prizes I won were not worth the effort. But that's just me. If you want to play this part of the "game", one of the apps might work better for you as they can read the bar codes and/or QR code.

To me, a spreadsheet is still the easiest way to keep track tickets. Once it's loaded in my spreadsheet app, I don't have to type anything, just put an x in the box. Also, I can see at a glance what tickets I have and what I need. But for those more tech savvy than me, these other options might work better.

Post Posted: Feb 13, 2018 9:32 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Location: in a state of gratitude (well, I try to be anyway...)
Thanks. I had already made my spreadsheet.
I agree that it is a much easier method. Particular since the odds are low that I'll need to dig through the baggie and find the tickets.

I'm glad they added gas rewards. Finally something I can actually use.

Most of the free products are of no use to me, I just give away to others. I must have won 2 doz donuts last year... gave them all away.

Post Posted: Apr 17, 2018 11:54 am 
copadrino pointed out that row 15 has 1x0 and should be 1xO - I didn't fix the PDF file as I would have then lost my download count. And figured if you noticed the error, you could fix it yourself. But thank you copadrino for pointing out my typo.

With my latest markers, I an one of 900,000 to win $5 cash. Did you win anything yet?

Post Posted: Apr 17, 2018 4:29 pm 
Does a free bagel count? :lol:

Post Posted: Apr 17, 2018 5:40 pm 
Yes, it does. I have gotten a few "free" items via the coupons and one 10 cents gas award but this was the first time I've gotten something from the markers on the board. Not much but better than nothing.

Post Posted: Apr 17, 2018 6:45 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
so far i have won mustard, pasta, bottle of tea, and tomato sauce, but nothing huge....lol

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]