It is currently Jun 22, 2018 8:48 am 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: King Sooopers making it harder to save
Post Posted: Mar 12, 2018 12:46 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
sunsetinthepines wrote:
... or to unload the groceries yourself.

I refuse to shop at any store that makes the checker unload carts. This creates a huge risk of repetitive back injury for the checker. If I can't fill and unload my own cart, I need to either shop more often or re-evaluate how much of that stuff I really need. My other issue is that if I unload my own cart, I can arrange how my groceries get bagged. If someone else unloads my cart, my fresh produce almost always gets mangled.

Just my .02 cents worth, YMMV.

Post Posted: Mar 12, 2018 3:51 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
gsellers wrote:
Be sure to do the survey on the receipt, get's you 50 fuel points once per week. And best of all, it has lots of space for comments! Last one I even put, go on pinecam.com and read the forum post titled "Re: King Sooopers making it harder to save" ;-)

Great idea! I'll start doing that.

ridgewalker wrote:
I refuse to shop at any store that makes the checker unload carts. This creates a huge risk of repetitive back injury for the checker. If I can't fill and unload my own cart, I need to either shop more often or re-evaluate how much of that stuff I really need. My other issue is that if I unload my own cart, I can arrange how my groceries get bagged. If someone else unloads my cart, my fresh produce almost always gets mangled.

...so you must only buy a few items using the self checkout at Kings. Quite different using a whole cart.
I bet there are MORE injuries to people who have to unload their own cart because they are not trained as a checker would be. Also, unfortunately, it is I who is bagging more than half the time at any store since they don't hire enough baggers. Now I get to bag exactly how I want the stuff bagged instead of unloading the cart while all the stuff piles on at the end. If there is a bagger then hopefully they know how to bag without mashing produce since even I know how to do that. The checkout area is also less cluttered since you don't need that long ramp space. I bet Kings is smart enough to know that people will buy more knowing they don't have to unload it all.

Post Posted: Mar 12, 2018 4:00 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
I don't shop Kings ... see above.

I use self check at Safeway if I don't have a large cart. If I'm doing my weekly shopping, I use a checkout lane and unload my own cart. I rarely have to bag but I don't mind doing that for myself as well.

I'm not in great shape these days but 'fer crying out loud, if you can't unload a cart once/week or so without hurting yourself ... time to hit the gym! It's no harder on the body than loading all those groceries in the cart in the first place ... or do you want someone to do that for you as well?

Post Posted: Mar 12, 2018 4:57 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
ridgewalker wrote:
I don't shop Kings ... see above.

I use self check at Safeway if I don't have a large cart. If I'm doing my weekly shopping, I use a checkout lane and unload my own cart. I rarely have to bag but I don't mind doing that for myself as well.

I'm not in great shape these days but 'fer crying out loud, if you can't unload a cart once/week or so without hurting yourself ... time to hit the gym! It's no harder on the body than loading all those groceries in the cart in the first place ... or do you want someone to do that for you as well?

:ignore: :bash: Snark Alert

I didn't say I would get hurt - I'm talking in general. I mentioned many reasons why I like this policy and that is one customer service item that is greatly appreciated. I disagree that repetitive motion is involved either as it could even HELP vary the motions of a checker who is standing so much.

Post Posted: Mar 13, 2018 6:56 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
My apologies, Sunset. I did snark and I shouldn't have.

Post Posted: Mar 13, 2018 8:36 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I figure that the prices I pay at Kings includes allowance for the salaries of checkers and baggers. If I'm going to go thru the self-serve line I should get a discount for cutting the jobs of these people out of the equation. Since that doesn't happen, I don't use the self-serve lines.

Post subject: Re: King Sooopers making it harder to save - and NOW Safeway
Post Posted: Apr 4, 2018 1:53 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
UGH - I knew this was coming as well. Just when things were getting better at Safeway...as of today, Safeway has gone all digital as well with their "Just for U" coupons. :bash:

Post Posted: Apr 4, 2018 2:42 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
The King Soopers staff, checkers, baggers are the greatest. If I look like I am looking for something someone always comes up to me and asks if they can help. I have talked to many checkers about repetitive motion injury in the wrists from swiping items. I do most of the self serve unless arthritis completely locks up my hands. They are so wonderful there, though I do buy my meat at Safeway as they have actual butchers there. I agree with all that if they forgot about the coupons all around, lowered prices, things would be better for all.

Post Posted: Apr 4, 2018 3:43 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
cydl wrote:
I figure that the prices I pay at Kings includes allowance for the salaries of checkers and baggers. If I'm going to go thru the self-serve line I should get a discount for cutting the jobs of these people out of the equation. Since that doesn't happen, I don't use the self-serve lines.

I've been tempted to ask about this when there is no bagger, so if I want to get out of there at any decent amount of time I do it myself. If a part of my purchase is paying their salary they should be working

Post Posted: Apr 5, 2018 12:08 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Reminds me of when I signed up for an account at a local bank years ago. They offered me an ATM card that had an annual fee. WAIT - If I do my banking without you having to pay a teller, I'm saving you money. You should pay me if I take an ATM card.

18 years later, I still bother their tellers. And they still have jobs.

Post Posted: Apr 5, 2018 10:59 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
What you may be getting from Kroger/KS in the re-design is

ClickList

The ClickList room in the plan is located in the front, usually between two entrance doors.

If the only construction is in this area of the store I guarantee that's what it is.

ClickList is a group of young employees (non-union) that shop from a list you make and bring your order out to you and load it in your car.

This is a great answer to families with young kids, disabled, seniors. The average shopper can still shop with click-list and also go in to select produce, meat, dairy if you choose.

A big problem I foresee for the Conifer store is parking. Click-List parking spaces take up 8 to 10 spaces up front with the handicap spaces. But USING ClickList, you get to park front and center and call ClickList upon arrival, you're theoretically not allowed to leave your car unattended.

Post Posted: Apr 5, 2018 11:57 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Lazierfan wrote:
What you may be getting from Kroger/KS in the re-design is

ClickList

The ClickList room in the plan is located in the front, usually between two entrance doors.

If the only construction is in this area of the store I guarantee that's what it is.

ClickList is a group of young employees (non-union) that shop from a list you make and bring your order out to you and load it in your car.

This is a great answer to families with young kids, disabled, seniors. The average shopper can still shop with click-list and also go in to select produce, meat, dairy if you choose.

A big problem I foresee for the Conifer store is parking. Click-List parking spaces take up 8 to 10 spaces up front with the handicap spaces. But USING ClickList, you get to park front and center and call ClickList upon arrival, you're theoretically not allowed to leave your car unattended.

Great. More stuff we don't need. Who is actually going to use this service? I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being far less than 1% of their sales. Anyone who is truly too busy to shop or is disabled would instead opt for the delivery service which doesn't cost that much more.
I will continue to patronize grocery stores that have good customer service, low prices, fresh food, good selection. Oh - and enough parking for us "old-fashioned" shoppers...

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next