It is currently Sep 22, 2018 6:34 pm 

If you enter a post in this forum that violates the Pinecam Terms of Service,
you may get a suspension with no warning.

note: quotes must be 4 or fewer sentences/the source cited, by URL if online

Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 57  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Park Sheriff election (Merged Topics)
Post Posted: Mar 10, 2018 3:02 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I really don't know what to make of Tonjes's press release. Why now? Monte announced some time back that if elected he will have Tonjes as his Undersheriff. So, clearly Tonnes has motivation to defend Monte. Yet, does this fact, and the significance of the strange timing mean that Tonjes's statements should be viewed with skepticism? How should Monte's personal involvement in the Wirth eviction operation be viewed? What is known is that in the short period of time between the eviction operation and Monte's separation from the Department, he did not express public criticism about how the operation was conducted. It has been reported that while the operation was in progress he was in the Dispatch center monitoring the ongoing operation through radio traffic. The on-duty dispatcher has stated that Monte displayed no concern or distress about operational aspects. When Wegener took action against Monte, Wegener issued a statement alleging that the action was based on Monte's pattern of making false statements. Whatever additional information might have been learned was prevented when Commissioners negotiated the infamous separation agreement with Monte. Many questions. No answers.

Post Posted: Mar 10, 2018 5:59 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Guyot guy wrote:
I really don't know what to make of Tonjes's press release. Why now? Monte announced some time back that if elected he will have Tonjes as his Undersheriff. So, clearly Tonnes has motivation to defend Monte. Yet, does this fact, and the significance of the strange timing mean that Tonjes's statements should be viewed with skepticism? How should Monte's personal involvement in the Wirth eviction operation be viewed? What is known is that in the short period of time between the eviction operation and Monte's separation from the Department, he did not express public criticism about how the operation was conducted. It has been reported that while the operation was in progress he was in the Dispatch center monitoring the ongoing operation through radio traffic. The on-duty dispatcher has stated that Monte displayed no concern or distress about operational aspects. When Wegener took action against Monte, Wegener issued a statement alleging that the action was based on Monte's pattern of making false statements. Whatever additional information might have been learned was prevented when Commissioners negotiated the infamous separation agreement with Monte. Many questions. No answers.

Let's get real about one simple fact. Whether it was the victims of Michael Jackson, Bill Cosby, Jesse Jackson, Bill Clinton, Mayor Hancock, Harvey Weinstein, etc etc...
The one common thread is that all victims agreed to be bound by a contract of silence. I don't recall ever hearing of a victim requesting the silence clause. It is always the "guilty" party seeking to buy their victims silence that add the clause.

This is why corporate bosses and politicians always surround themselves with layer upon layer of potential fall guys.

Gore and Tonjes who were as far away from the scene short of being over on the Chaffee county border, end up being made the sacrificial lambs to preserve the legacy the responsible party. 36 years on the job with DPD. Tonjes has probably forgotten more than the leadership will ever know. Anyone who has spent time in tinpot banana republics will recognize the CYA tactics that have been self evident in this county for a long time.

Yes Monte is bound to silence, but that doesn't mean the truth has to be stored with Hillary's emails.

Post Posted: Mar 10, 2018 9:44 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
WeimMom wrote:
Let's get real about one simple fact...

I am trying as hard as I can ... but I cannot seem to find that "one simple fact" in your whole post.

Post Posted: Mar 11, 2018 10:16 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Guyot guy wrote:
I really don't know what to make of Tonjes's press release. Why now? Monte announced some time back that if elected he will have Tonjes as his Undersheriff.

Why now? My theory is because a push for Monte’s election to become sheriff. I read the Flume’s press release. (The Flume has made it quite clear they are against Wegener). Such a low sleazy way to go. To use such a bad situation for their benefit.

Post Posted: Mar 11, 2018 10:22 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
the sheriffs office is a tough job, damned if you do and damned if you don't. personally i am not voting for anyone that has ties to the existing department, a fresh start is the only way to cleanse the bad mojo

Post Posted: Mar 11, 2018 10:30 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I have come to that same conclusion, rockhound.

Post Posted: Mar 12, 2018 1:12 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Seriously? Everyone involved in the take-down knew what was at stake. Don't tell me that this was the first day of a new "generation". This was the same ole-same-old as had happened many times in the time...telling me any different tells me that you're a (removed by moderator) or ignorant as (removed by moderator)(heck works, but [Expletive Deleted] is the expletive at this point). We already know that the situation was hostile. We already know that a line/deadline had been drawn in the sand(decomposed granite). Common sense was placed on the backburner at this point. Why in all of the Almighty's Great Universe would you follow a hostile back into his(her) comfort zone?! This reminds me of the line "stand back while I whip this out". Everyone, no really everyone, knows that if a you have issues with the order given...it doesn't happen. I apologize, I wasn't there, but if you're the operator and you (removed by moderator)... ... ...you done (removed by moderator) up. Wegner didn't send Nate to push the button in order to get the peanut. Nate knew exactly what he was up against, and as such, he chose to push the button. C'est la Guerre.

Post Posted: Mar 12, 2018 6:34 pm 
Officially got the word that I will be on the ballot for Park County Sheriff.

After meeting with many hundreds of supporters in the last few weeks I am ready to launch into the next phase of my campaign.

Thanks again for your emails, phone calls, meet and greet talks, and especially the door to door campaign talks.

I am more than ready to lead the Park County Sheriff’s Office and bring the community together to have the safest and best Sheriff’s Office in Colorado.

Please feel free to contact me at tommcgraw2018@gmail.com
http://www.tommcgrawforparkcountysheriff.com
Facebook @tommcgrawforparkcountysheriff.

Post Posted: Mar 13, 2018 12:44 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
So who else made the ballot?

Post Posted: Mar 13, 2018 12:49 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
It appears Tighe and McGraw have successfully petitioned onto the ballot.
Others still have time.
The candidates who can round up 30 percent of the votes at Assembly on
Saturday will also appear on the ballot.
Mrs. BGR

Post Posted: Mar 13, 2018 1:05 pm 
Thank you!

Post Posted: Mar 13, 2018 6:08 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
It may be a little more complicated this time due to the six candidate field. I am told that if no candidate gets 30%, they will put the two getting the highest percentages on the ballot.

Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 57  Next