It is currently Oct 19, 2018 9:45 am 

If you enter a post in this forum that violates the Pinecam Terms of Service,
you may get a suspension with no warning.

note: quotes must be 4 or fewer sentences/the source cited, by URL if online

Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 57  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Park Sheriff election (Merged Topics)
Post Posted: Apr 16, 2018 8:26 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Gary Rhoads' "Meet and Greets" are typically scheduled for 2 hours, and I haven't seen one yet that didn't go on for at least an hour afterwards, including the one yesterday. Gary will stay as long as it takes to talk to every citizen and answer any and all questions they may have. That's transparency!

I hope that everyone will get a chance to make it out to the multi-candidate forum this Saturday at 3pm in Guffey. It's a great opportunity to see those candidates that accepted the invitation all in one place. No buffers, just the candidates and the citizens. It doesn't get more transparent than that!

Post Posted: Apr 16, 2018 9:48 am 
This is why I rarely go to Pinecam--for some reason it seems to collect people who have some need to voice an opinion without any valid research. Do they have nothing else to do? WHY would someone think that they deserve a personal response from a candidate if they are too lazy to attend any forum--meet & greet, debate, etc. HOW MANY sites are there that are discussing the election and we have someone who thinks that because he is on one site, that every candidate is supposed to respond to him, because he chose to post here??? Such an ego and lack of respect never ceases to amaze me. Perhaps you should get off your computer and join the community---

Post Posted: Apr 16, 2018 12:06 pm 
If you are talking about me then you are assuming I have not done my research....

Post Posted: Apr 16, 2018 12:28 pm 
Considering that you and a few others ask questions that have been answered, both on this and other election sites, AND AT ABOUT EVERY MEET & GREET--well, YEAH! Plus, that was only a small part of my post. I have no idea why you assume that these candidates have nothing better to do than constantly search the MULTIPLE websites that are discussing the election, just to see if YOU posted something for which you expect a response. They have jobs, families, campaigns and life besides you. I just find it arrogant to not meet them half way (in public) if you're so interested...

Post Posted: Apr 16, 2018 12:38 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
IndieLady wrote:
This is why I rarely go to Pinecam--for some reason it seems to collect people who have some need to voice an opinion without any valid research. Do they have nothing else to do? WHY would someone think that they deserve a personal response from a candidate if they are too lazy to attend any forum--meet & greet, debate, etc. HOW MANY sites are there that are discussing the election and we have someone who thinks that because he is on one site, that every candidate is supposed to respond to him, because he chose to post here??? Such an ego and lack of respect never ceases to amaze me. Perhaps you should get off your computer and join the community---

It is probably a good thing you don't use Pinecam much! Just because someone has an opinion different than yours does not mean they haven't done research! Speaking of lack of respect and ego... :doh:

Post Posted: Apr 16, 2018 12:44 pm 
:dancing: Like DeboraY says sunshine: come to Guffey Saturday and do some real research on this Sheriff's race. Put up or shut up....

Post Posted: Apr 16, 2018 1:40 pm 
Oh, I have been to several.

Post Posted: Apr 16, 2018 2:28 pm 
Actually I was referring to sunset......

Post Posted: Apr 16, 2018 2:40 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
I would like to ask if we can please keep this from going back and forth with bickering. This topic is supposed to be about all candidates and this is not a topic that is to be used for candidate questions with expectations of the candidate to answer. Please do that privately.
This is to be about productive discussions on what makes a good Sheriff and the positive factual items about a candidate that would make him a good sheriff.
From what I’m seeing this is turning into bickering back and forth which many of us would rather not see. So I respectfully ask both sides to stop, please.

Post Posted: Apr 16, 2018 2:41 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Thank you Gia - I've lost all interest in this topic because of the snide remarks being thrown out. Good grief, can't people be civil? Telling someone to "put up or shut up?" :roll:

Post Posted: Apr 16, 2018 3:35 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
keepthechange,
I read your post statement that I come across “like a neutral debate moderator keeping the conversation on track, but all through it there’s an underlying hint at ‘systemic dysfunction’.” I’m not quite sure exactly what your point is. Please allow me to explain my intent and posting actions.
I am attempting to do what I am able to provide a venue in which interested potential voters can discuss their thoughts about Sheriff candidates, ask questions, and engage in a serious consideration of relevant election related aspects.
While I am committed to provide some sense of my own concerns and thoughts without imparting any undue influence, I feel strong obligation to directly confront personal conjecture when others post statements clearly in substantial conflict with established facts. When those who post unequivocal misstatement of facts or post bizarre mischaracterizations, I feel a duty to challenge such actions. You have exhibited a penchant for posts that exhibit both practices.
A critical factor in promoting a reasonable public discourse and consideration is the requirement that potential voters can rely that the foundation of such discourse is based on truth and facts. I consider it important that any attempt to introduce untruths and misrepresentations must be confronted and exposed. So here goes.
You may question why I posted my thought that it could be unwise to focus too closely on the Long investigation as a source of information that could be applied in a reasoned determination of Department dysfunction and failure. It is my opinion that while aspects of the Long investigation indicate significant problems, there has yet to be information available to justify an enlightened opinion as to the degree and nature of any specific incompetence or underlying dysfunction.

However, there is enough factual evidence available to form a reasoned and fair evaluation of Department action regarding the Wirth eviction operation and the death and injury of Deputies involved. For those having been familiar with the Department and personnel involved in the eviction operation there was a strange aspect to what came out in the direct aftermath. Watching the first press conference, viewers witnessed Wegener’s statement and response to following questions from reporters. One television reporter asked why, in light of Wirth’s prior actions and specific threats, the operation had not been conducted as a SWAT operation similar to practice in other jurisdictions and agencies. Wegener responded that the Park County Sheriff’s Department is a small agency lacking a SWAT operation and not having resources available to other agencies. It was difficult to reconcile that statement with television news reporting of Hancock presenting himself in the capacity of Department SWAT Commander.
Then there was the situation with Gore’s removal and the swift decision by Commissioners to provide Gore a retroactive separation agreement status with financial inducement. Then, when our citizens expected some indication of how, why, and by whom the completely disastrous decisions were made to effect entry into the Wirth residence, no explanation was provided, and no individual was to be held accountable. Indeed, Wegener told the press that the matter was to be investigated by CBI and the office of the District Attorney. More than two years later, our citizens still lack basic information. He further stated that his decision to remove Gore as Undersheriff had nothing to do with the eviction operation process, but involved a pattern of false statements in the aftermath.

We had Gore leaving the Department in total secrecy with a generous financial settlement package, and we had no other Department personnel identified as having acted improperly or being the focus of adverse personnel action. Unfortunately, what we clearly had was a Deputy killed, another having suffered life altering physical and emotional injury, and other Deputies experiencing difficult PTSD trauma.

keepthechange, you dismiss the Long and Carrigan incidents with such apparent ease that I have to question whether you exist in some alternate reality in which the significance and importance of this has no personal relevance or impact.
I will continue to commit to keeping my personal candidate preference from being a distraction from the thread. What I cannot do is remain silent when someone posts clear misrepresentations and false statements, or acts in ways that disrespect or dishonor the sacrifice of Nate Carrigan or Kolby Martin.

Post Posted: Apr 16, 2018 3:54 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Oh well....

that is it for me, too, as this is becoming a bickering between a few people and no longer a public topic for the candidates for sheriff. So unproductive and sad.

Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 57  Next