It is currently May 24, 2018 3:37 am 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: What kind of business would you like to see up here?
Post Posted: May 14, 2018 3:24 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
When I moved up here, I came with the mindset that I would only do shopping at certain times and if I forgot something it would have to wait until I went out again, whenever that may be. Dining out would also be more of a treat then a choice. Sadly, I am finding this not to be true. It is still easy to hit either grocery store, I have multiple hardware store choices and I hit them all. I am never without a liquor store choice (which is a good thing). I am addicted to WingWagon and could eat there 7 days a week. IfI don't want to cook, I just head over to Cruz Inn. Therefore with the exception of a Human 24 hour urgent care, selfishly, my vote would be for no more new businesses.

Post Posted: May 15, 2018 7:16 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I shop Costco for the most part. If something is more than I need, I split with friends. Some items I go to Safeway for, but gave up King Soopers because they have an awful parking lot and they don't carry the pasta brand I like. Personally, I think we have enough commercial development, we really don't have the water to support more commercial or residential developments. One of my friends told me she can hear the water trucks pumping clean water into and dirty water out of King Soopers at night - what the heck!

Post Posted: May 15, 2018 8:41 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
CDC wrote:
I shop Costco for the most part. If something is more than I need, I split with friends. Some items I go to Safeway for, but gave up King Soopers because they have an awful parking lot and they don't carry the pasta brand I like. Personally, I think we have enough commercial development, we really don't have the water to support more commercial or residential developments. One of my friends told me she can hear the water trucks pumping clean water into and dirty water out of King Soopers at night - what the heck!

This statement got me to wondering.
I think the fresh water for that whole complex comes from wells on the other side of 285, but I don't know that as fact.
But I haven't a clue where waste water goes. Do they have their own treatment facility there some where? Is it possible that they have storage tanks and the waste is trucked to an off site facility?

Post Posted: May 15, 2018 11:07 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
There is so much space for sale and for lease up here that with the ever-increasing population nearby those places will likely be filled. I think there are too many ordinary food establishments already, even if they do serve decent food. (Do we really need three Mexican restaurants nearby?) And I don't think that all the quick-food places would survive if not for the local high school. So I voted for Panera because they serve a somewhat different, healthier menu.

Post Posted: May 15, 2018 11:26 am 
Interesting reading here from 1999 regarding water issues and King Soopers
https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/stor ... tory5.html

and those that wonder what happened

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6