It is currently Oct 17, 2018 5:26 am 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: King Soopers did it again...
Post Posted: May 15, 2018 6:35 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Rak wrote:
It's a strategy to move stuff from familiar spots so you have to go hunt for it, and in the meantime theoretically you see additional items and buy impulsively. Don't you love being treated like a laboratory rat? :doh:

This is exactly why corporate stores do this, someone in marketing figured this out and it works most of the times. Sadly, in today's world it is all about the dollar. I know I say this all the time, but sadly it is the truth, it is due to the population growth in our area, in our state, in our country and in our world. Greed seems to overrule integrity and caring.

Post Posted: May 15, 2018 7:39 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Worst thing for the seniors, shut-ins, and disabled is there's no longer home delivery. Worst thing for me is there's no more special ordering....I've used that service quite a bit.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Post Posted: May 15, 2018 10:30 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
I had not even considered the impact on disabled. I know you can create a shopping list on line and it prints out the isle, does it change when the items change?

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: May 16, 2018 8:09 am 
In the large view it really is a small thing. Individual basis, frustrating. When I stopped whining long enough the store manager gave me a sheet that shows most of the new arrangements. Whew, thank you!

Post Posted: May 16, 2018 8:28 am 
They should hand that out at the front of the store. That is what Dave did when they did the major upgrade before he retired.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: May 16, 2018 9:11 am 
That is an excellent idea!

Post Posted: May 16, 2018 9:55 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
You can still get Home Delivery but it costs $11.95 now. They break down the charges for shopping and then delivery. But you must go into the store if you use SNAP (food stamps). They don't accept them for any delivery or the pick up in store option.

Post Posted: May 16, 2018 12:43 pm 
Victorianhistorian wrote:
You can still get Home Delivery but it costs $11.95 now. They break down the charges for shopping and then delivery. But you must go into the store if you use SNAP (food stamps). They don't accept them for any delivery or the pick up in store option.

Sorry VH, I just talked to my daughter who's been working at Kings in Conifer for 12 years. She works the service desk and she said they quit home delivery on 4/18 and they did accept the "Quest" card aka food stamps with that service.

Instead, they're starting this Instacart service, where you pick up your order instead of having to do the physical shopping. Isn't that going to hurt them in the long run? Isn't Kings going to loose money on that? Whenever I shop I buy a whole lot more than what's on my list. They're going to loose all that "impulsive shopping" with this instacart.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Post Posted: May 16, 2018 3:05 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
bdogsgal wrote:

Instead, they're starting this Instacart service, where you pick up your order instead of having to do the physical shopping. Isn't that going to hurt them in the long run? Isn't Kings going to loose money on that? Whenever I shop I buy a whole lot more than what's on my list. They're going to loose all that "impulsive shopping" with this instacart.

I think it will fail miserably. You still have to drive to store and deal with that parking lot. The worst part is that it appears you pay (at least) full price for everything! I looked up the prices for stuff mentioned in today's circular and none of it matches. For example, the Cheetos that are $2.69 "with card" but $1.69 with the "buy 4, save $4" offer are $3.49 in instacart! My guess is that the $3.49 is the full MSRP "no card" price and no one shops KS at those prices! At these prices I don't think they would lose money but instead they would lose customers. If they included home delivery then people would spring for the "luxury" service to avoid the hassle but now that that is gone I don't think many are willing to pay a 20% - 30%+ premium

Post Posted: May 16, 2018 6:18 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
What is wrong with asking for gods sake

Post Posted: May 16, 2018 9:44 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Tennisfreak wrote:
What is wrong with asking for gods sake

:question:
I'm not sure which god you're saking but ask away! I don't believe anyone said anything was wrong for asking something! :silly:

Post Posted: May 17, 2018 12:39 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
It's easy for people who've never had to deal with mobility issues to dismiss things that can be a HUGE deal for those of us who have. I haven't been in KS much lately, as I prefer to go down to Trader Joe's most of the time... but I've just recently had people jump on me when I mentioned my mailbox being about 1/2 a mile away. Everyone was so quick to laugh and claim that's an easy walk (not locals and not on Pinecam) and I wanted to scream at them. It's lucky for you if it's easy or not a challenge when something is rearranged. But for many people, it can be really frustrating and painful.

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next