It is currently Nov 12, 2018 9:29 pm 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Rolling Billboard on 285
Post Posted: Sep 14, 2018 5:52 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Honestly, I don't see the difference between this and most cars stopped on the side of the road. I'm so used to seeing trucks from Shirley Septic, Waste Management, Asplundh Tree Service etc, either parked on the side of the road, or at the edge of parking lots that it doesn't phase me much. I figure the new business is just trying to lure in some camper/leaf traffic and was honestly hoping that they succeed.

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2018 8:00 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Boy, you got to love how this relatively small community rallies around and supports each other. (with heavy sarcasm) This is the 4th time this store has been bashed in social media in less then a year. The first being that it took forever to open, then when it did open the owner was a terrible person, then their credit card machines did not work and now this. It is a wonder why anyone would try to make a go of anything up here.

I also find it ironic that no one complained when Park County was using this sign to advertise the Park County Fair or when the liquor store had it parked by their store. No one complained either when some of the Park County sheriff's candidates used like advertising before the election.

In my opinion it is a sign not unlike any other sign along 285 or elsewhere. I see it for 2 seconds then it is gone. It is also no different then all of the for sale signs, garage sale signs and others that litter the ground everywhere.

We are so blessed to have what we have up here, I just don't see how people can be so critical of others who are just trying to make a go of it.

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2018 8:06 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
It is a sign just like any other sign on the road. Remind mne again what other signs/billboards are along 285?

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2018 9:21 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
People I think there are a lot worse things out there. What’s the big deal?

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2018 10:46 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
I would like to recommend a complaint forum is started for all the negative, passive aggressive people. That way the rest of us do not have to open a thread and listen to all these "keyboard hero's" who love to publicly shame people from the safety of their homes!

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2018 11:35 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Better yet CAM, if you start reading a topic and find it's full of "negative, passive aggressive people" posting in "the safety of their homes", you can just not read the topic.

While I don't agree with the members who dislike that truck/sign so much, I do think they have very right and should voice their opinions. It's often interesting to me to hear the other side from what I think and the opposing reasoning or feelings.

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2018 12:48 pm 
Just the response I expected!

Hey- I saw a truck at windy point advertising fire wood for sale during these hot dry times, shouldn't someone take issue with that.

The very simple point I am trying to make is this, Just because you have an opinion it doesn't mean it needs to be put out there for all to read! If you have a an issue with the advertisement, go to the store and say something.

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2018 1:25 pm 
smonson wrote:
It is a wonder why anyone would try to make a go of anything up here.

We are so blessed to have what we have up here, I just don't see how people can be so critical of others who are just trying to make a go of it.

Seriously, either you're in the clique or you're some scourge who's "ruining" the area.

It's funny to see how butt-hurt people get over a sign on the side of the road advertising a small business; from some of the responses here you'd think China and Wal-Mart teamed up to open a strip club next to the elementary school.

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2018 1:53 pm 
:off topic:

CAM wrote:
The very simple point I am trying to make is this, Just because you have an opinion it doesn't mean it needs to be put out there for all to read!

You mean like you just did?

:on topic:

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2018 2:26 pm 
There is a difference between opinion and a fact. Talking to the person/business you have a problem with is how adults handle things.

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2018 2:50 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
CAM wrote:
There is a difference between opinion and a fact. Talking to the person/business you have a problem with is how adults handle things.

Seriously? And no-one is allowed to express opinions on a social network? If just talking "adult to adult" always resolved things we wouldn't NEED zoning, or have a justice system, etc., etc.

Also, all the examples of past incidences doesn't make it OK to keep doing wrong. The political signs and firewood trucks advertising are also not right. That is why we HAVE sign regulations so there is no arguing what is right or wrong and "opinions" are eliminated. If people don't like the rules then there are avenues to go about changing the rules.

Personally, I believe that any business that can't survive without a billboard on the road can't survive with it. There is also the possibility that this area is over-saturated with liquor stores already. I don't see Biggies or the other liquor resellers needing to do that type of advertising. I would think that the KV center itself would be doing a better job of promoting its businesses.

Last edited by sunsetinthepines on Sep 15, 2018 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2018 3:26 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Taranis, thank you for your post regarding "suffered" from the advertising... However, as to the comments from the core posters "store" not reaching out. Seriously? Please Google "Conifer Blogs" … which would be step one in discovering marketing et al. PineCam comes up after mymountaintown & 285 Bound... My point is that targeting the business in question for not using PineCam is counter productive. Have you actually reached out to the "new business" and inquired as to whether they were aware that there is a 285 Corridor (PineCam)?

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next