members can add one advertising post per week for a business;
add a reply to a business topic to say something about the business

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: The Coffee Shack History
Post Posted: Dec 5, 2018 5:55 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I was not aware of all these posts. I was asked today to clarify and verify.

I am Sharon Been. I am the Broker/Owner of Dynamic Properties.
The "Shack" is my building and yes, it is under construction.

Here's the scoop.
That "shack" was my original Dynamic Properties real estate building. I outgrew it and then built the new building and move the Real Estate offices into it. I turned the old building into the original "COFFEE SHACK". It was a great success and everyone loved it. It was run by my daughter and son, Josh Been, Ben Farson and a couple of other buddies.
We served the famous Kaladai Brothers Coffee and even the Starbucks Supervisor stopped for her first cup of coffee at "The Coffee Shack" every morning.

Then I sold the business to Joe and Mike. Wonderful guys, loved by all, and they did a wonderful job with the Coffee Shack.
As we all know, Joe was killed in a motorcycle accident and I had to once again sell the business. It was sold to Janice, Jitter Juice, and she also did a great job with it. Family illness forced her to sell a few years later.
The two ladies she sold it to, I am sad to say, destroyed it. They quit selling good coffee, quit selling the burritos, etc, etc and the business went downhill in just a few months. They stayed 6 months without paying any rent and then in the middle of the night ripped the place apart, took all the equipment, my track lightening, etc, etc. I was told by my attorneys what I could do, but I chose to do nothing. Karma has a way of stepping in. And it did.
So, I decided to just rent it out to someone else. Hence, Cindy came along with Serenity Salon and was there 6-7 years. Wonderful tenants.

When it was heard that she was leaving due to outgrowing the building, I began to get emails, text and phone calls... "PLEASE bring back "The Coffee Shack". I thought about it for a long time and decided to go for it. I'm a coffee addict so it didn't take long for me to decide if I wanted the best coffee ever, just bring back The Shack.

So, YES, the original COFFEE SHACK is COMING BACK. The Original one by the Original Owner, me, Sharon Been. And it will still be a family affair. My daughter, Shelley Seger, who is Dynamic's Administrator and my Personal Assistant, will be overseerer and my granddaughter, Candyce Seger, will be managing it. I'm feeling old... first my son and now my granddaughter! :)

Construction: before we only had room for two small bistro tables and the drive-thru. This time we will still have the drive-through, but 2 tables inside and a bar that will seat 3. Then, the Sunroom is being added so that everyone that like to sit out on the deck with their coffee, sweet rolls, buritos, etc, can sit inside in the winter feeling like they are "outside". The deck will be enlarged so in the summer there will be plenty of seating.

We will be serving the Kaladai Brothers Coffee everyone loved, the burritos, smoothies, and more... and yes, Chai Tea. I got an email saying "Please don't forget us chai tea drinkers). And we won't :)lol

We are excited and the emails, text and phone calls almost every day say "Thank you".
And I say, "Thank YOU, Bailey..." I appreciate the support.

So, now, you have the whole story from beginning to end and now a new beginning.
Who started it, the history, and who is bringing it back.
We hope to see you there and if you have any questions, please feel free to email me personally.

God Bless!

Sharon Been, Broker/Owner (and owner of The Coffee Shack)
Dynamic Properties of Colorado
303-358-9859
sharon@sharonbeen.com

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]