It is currently Jul 22, 2014 7:23 am 




New Forum Community Memorials
:rose: Where We Remember Those We Have Lost :rose:



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 60  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

  Print view

Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Dirty Politics by the EFPD Recallers (merged topics)
Post Posted: Apr 4, 2013 8:59 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Joined: Mar 12, 2013 1:14 pm
Posts: 85
Luna1234 wrote:
Evergreen Fire Board sucks and deserves to be recalled. VOTE YES!

One of the questions asked of the recall petitioners last night was something along the lines of... When you lose this election, are you going to respect the community's wishes and basically leave well enough alone? (Just curious, what are your plans?)


Top
  Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Dirty Politics by the EFPD Recallers (merged topics)
Post Posted: Apr 4, 2013 9:03 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
User avatar
Joined: Apr 7, 2007 11:14 am
Posts: 555
Location: BAILEY
Luna1234 wrote:
Evergreen Fire Board sucks and deserves to be recalled. VOTE YES!


So do the four idiots running their mouths about the fire board. Trying to undo what the voters voted for. Some lying going also This is also a response that would be expected from those that have no clue about what is going on.

_________________
"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'" JFK August 1963


Top
  Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Dirty Politics by the EFPD Recallers (merged topics)
Post Posted: Apr 4, 2013 9:16 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
User avatar
Joined: Oct 5, 2005 6:47 pm
Posts: 15941
COAngler wrote:
Luna1234 wrote:
Evergreen Fire Board sucks and deserves to be recalled. VOTE YES!


THERE'S the Luna we all know and 'love'.



:yeah that:

I gotta admit, I've had some really good laughs on this thread


Top
  Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Dirty Politics by the EFPD Recallers (merged topics)
Post Posted: Apr 4, 2013 9:18 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Joined: Feb 25, 2013 1:01 pm
Posts: 93
COAngler wrote:
youngbuck wrote:
I went to the Recaller's presentation last night and had I known it that we were not allowed to ask direct questions, I would have stayed home and had a pizza.
As an observer of people, this recall group was very uncomfortable with any direct questions; Mr. Koller seemed to be the designated speaker. Then came Jodie’s response to her being a firefighter and all I heard was medical and rescue duties. That got me to thinking so I looked at her posted certifications on their web site efpdboardcandidates.org since each said they welcomed any background checks and guess what?
Jodie’s certification is called Fire firefighting essentials, according to the NY national registrations, http://www.nationalccrs.org this is no more than an awareness classroom session of what real fire fighters do on the job. The real Firefighters have a certification call Primary Firefighting, which is the hard and dirty of firefighting. Since that is not listed, based upon what the recall site shows, she was an EMT on the Rescue Squad which in common in NY state, they by tradition have rescue personnel and then there are firefighters.

The question is not, beyond already admitting to not be FDNY nor running 2,000 calls per month…should she also not be calling herself a firefighter for NY fire and stating that on their web page? I think so.


Now THIS is interesting... (and doesn't 'suck')


YB, a little help, please. What do we need to search for / navigate to on the http://www.nationalccrs.org site regarding the FFE class you reference above? Would a 'real' firefighter have both certificates or just the Primary Firefighting?


Top
  Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Dirty Politics by the EFPD Recallers (merged topics)
Post Posted: Apr 4, 2013 10:45 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
User avatar
Joined: Dec 8, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 29666
Location: Riding the Bailey ghost train
youngbuck wrote:
I went to the Recaller's presentation last night and had I known it that we were not allowed to ask direct questions, I would have stayed home and had a pizza.
As an observer of people, this recall group was very uncomfortable with any direct questions; Mr. Koller seemed to be the designated speaker. Then came Jodie’s response to her being a firefighter and all I heard was medical and rescue duties. That got me to thinking so I looked at her posted certifications on their web site efpdboardcandidates.org since each said they welcomed any background checks and guess what?
Jodie’s certification is called Fire firefighting essentials, according to the NY national registrations, http://www.nationalccrs.org this is no more than an awareness classroom session of what real fire fighters do on the job. The real Firefighters have a certification call Primary Firefighting, which is the hard and dirty of firefighting. Since that is not listed, based upon what the recall site shows, she was an EMT on the Rescue Squad which in common in NY state, they by tradition have rescue personnel and then there are firefighters.

The question is not, beyond already admitting to not be FDNY nor running 2,000 calls per month…should she also not be calling herself a firefighter for NY fire and stating that on their web page? I think so.


:applause: :applause: :applause: Good research.

_________________
Image


Top
  Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Dirty Politics by the EFPD Recallers (merged topics)
Post Posted: Apr 4, 2013 10:52 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Joined: Mar 10, 2013 7:15 pm
Posts: 15
That link does take some navigating, here is the direct link: http://www.nationalccrs.org/ccr/nassau_ ... essentials

If you look at the recall site under candidates, you will see this essentials class card for Jodi, very obvious this is just an awarness level, classroom does not make a firefighter, probably goes with the comment of interior and exterior firefighting (exterior is not a word used in the industry...the proper use known by any firefigher is Defensive).

As you scroll down you will see the next level is Primary Firefighting, that is a true blood and guts academy all firefighters go through. Hope this helps. Good night all.


Top
  Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Dirty Politics by the EFPD Recallers (merged topics)
Post Posted: Apr 5, 2013 1:56 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Joined: Feb 18, 2013 9:43 am
Posts: 86
snow wrote:
Just watched the video and I think all who think these folks are qualified need to watch for themselves.

The fact that Jodi has never attended a board meeting shows me that she had no interest until most likely they came around with the recall petition.

Except for Dan Koller I don't think the others did their homework very well.

You can listen and make your own decision.


Could not agree with you more....Jodee lives down the street from the Peil's so they probably plotted over cocktails. She probably gave them some story how she was a firefighter with FDNY and they thought she was their ace in the hole. Problem is she not always truthful with her statements and carries quite a bit of local baggage.

Dan has been the ring leader behind this hostile takeover....while I find him extremely intelligent, he is nowhere qualified to be making recommendations on response times and staffing. He should actually join the fire department as a volunteer firefighter if he wants to make a difference. You do not have to own property but just live in the district.

Barry Pier -- He is merely parroting what Dan and Paul are feeding him. The fact that he made the statement in his editorial in Courier about volunteers living down the hill shows that he knows nothing about fire operations. (All volunteers are required to live in district.) In the end he will most likely vanish into the woodwork hoping that this debacle does not come back to haunt him in his next business venture.

Paul Peil -- The man behind that everything is unsafe....but he can't prove any of his statements not matter how hard he tries. His tactic has been state the worst and hope somebody will believe him....and they have after speaking to a few pro-recallers.


Top
  Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Dirty Politics by the EFPD Recallers (merged topics)
Post Posted: Apr 5, 2013 1:59 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Joined: Feb 18, 2013 9:43 am
Posts: 86
watermanofevergreen wrote:
Luna1234 wrote:
Just curious where this poster expects to get the money to pay for it, no spin.


I for one have no problem with, and if, the department spends a few funds on a housewarming party. It's a great community interaction function as evidenced by the open house this weekend. Great interaction with the community and especially the kids who love the event. Hopefully an image for future volunteers.


Actually I wouldn't mind having an "open house" and a tour of the new building. Perhaps the neighbors could throw a pot luck?


Top
  Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Dirty Politics by the EFPD Recallers (merged topics)
Post Posted: Apr 5, 2013 2:12 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Joined: Feb 18, 2013 9:43 am
Posts: 86
Luna1234 wrote:
If it were not for the complacency of the current fire board and their desire to placate the volunteers we would not be having a recall now. The other issues can be resolved




On the contrary Luna, if the board was placating to the volunteers, the board would have rubber stamped the request for a million dollar training building that was originally requested by the volunteers but was shot down by the Board because it was too expensive. Funny how that bit of history has been forgotten by the Recallers!


Top
  Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Dirty Politics by the EFPD Recallers (merged topics)
Post Posted: Apr 5, 2013 2:23 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Joined: Feb 18, 2013 9:43 am
Posts: 86
snow wrote:
Luna1234 wrote:
Evergreen Fire Board sucks and deserves to be recalled. VOTE YES!


Have you gone off your MEDS!!! Holy Smoke where are you coming from and I truly hope you are not related to any of the candidates with a comment like that!


Ummm yep.....


Top
  Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Dirty Politics by the EFPD Recallers (merged topics)
Post Posted: Apr 5, 2013 5:27 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Joined: Feb 25, 2013 1:01 pm
Posts: 93
youngbuck wrote:
That link does take some navigating, here is the direct link: http://www.nationalccrs.org/ccr/nassau_ ... essentials

If you look at the recall site under candidates, you will see this essentials class card for Jodi, very obvious this is just an awarness level, classroom does not make a firefighter, probably goes with the comment of interior and exterior firefighting (exterior is not a word used in the industry...the proper use known by any firefigher is Defensive).

As you scroll down you will see the next level is Primary Firefighting, that is a true blood and guts academy all firefighters go through. Hope this helps. Good night all.


This helps tremendously. Thanks for the clarification, YB. So, she also claims to be a (former) EMT. Do EMT's call themselves "firefighters"?


Top
  Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Dirty Politics by the EFPD Recallers (merged topics)
Post Posted: Apr 5, 2013 5:40 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Joined: Feb 18, 2013 9:43 am
Posts: 86
Luna1234 wrote:
The reason for the recall is because some citizens could see how little respect the current board has for the rights of certain parts of the community. They are not grinding a personal axe, they are trying to help citizens that were not being heard. The extra money was spent by the fire board. What do you call a $500K fireplace?


Wait a minute, we are going through this exercise of democracy at the price tag of $200k because of “some” citizens didn’t get what they wanted from the Fire Board? Are you kidding me?

How many times did Mr. Peil while on the Ridge HOA reject a homeowner’s plan for alterating their house….but the homeowner lived with his / the HOA’s decision without initiating a recall of the board. Just got to love the irony….


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 60  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:

Who is online

In total there are 113 users online :: 14 registered, 10 hidden and 89 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
Most users ever online was 2823 on Mar 26, 2012 7:26 pm

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], F&PBNVS, kidtaxi, Lifebridge, MSNbot Media, Mtndew77, Peeb, phc, SailorJT, skyler, SoLA, strawberrypatch, tonic, VolFan and 89 guests





Powered by phpBB © 2000-2012 phpBB Group

This website copyright © 1994-2014 by
Pinecam.com is a member of the Platte Canyon Area Chamber of Commerce