It is currently Apr 26, 2018 11:25 am 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Missing mail 72 & Long Ridge
Post Posted: Apr 25, 2018 7:53 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We subscribe to “informed delivery” from the post office, meaning we get an email at 8:00 every morning showing us a scan of all the mail to be delivered that day. Between yesterday and today, we should have had 10 pieces of mail. In addition, according to the USPS tracking number, a small parcel with a new cell phone was placed in our box at 2:31 today. When my wife stopped at 6:00, the box was empty. It was empty yesterday as well.

Has anyone else noticed a decline in what you would normally expect to receive?

Great peace have they who love Thy law, and nothing shall offend them... Ps 118:165

Post subject: Re: Missing mail 72 & Long Ridge
Post Posted: Apr 26, 2018 8:27 am 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Is your box on the road by your driveway or a locked box in a bank of mailboxes?

Post Posted: Apr 26, 2018 8:49 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
For packages, we often get a notice from USPS that the package was delivered and don't receive it til the next day or day after. I've called the post office, and they said the mail delivery person marks it as delivered when they shouldn't, but that's as far as the "solution" went.

I had mail missing once that was scanned and said delivered and it just disappeared. It was around the time that the post office was broken into. I also reported this mail missing, and my report was as far as the "solution" went.

The mail that went missing was mostly unimportant except for a check, for which I contacted the sender immediately and asked them to cancel the check and resend one, which they did, and didn't have a problem with the first check.

Good luck. If anything was important you must take action yourself, you won't be able to rely on the post office to do their job.

Post Posted: Apr 26, 2018 9:09 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
The cell phone was a refurbished one and only cost $40. I don't want to scream "theft" too soon, so we will wait and see what shows up today. I did call the PO this morning and Jack was very good about things. I put a hold on my mail until I decide what direction I want to go. I may canvas the 25 or so addresses that use this same stand and see if they are willing to go for one of those locking stands. I think Burland HOA helps with some of the cost if everyone agrees to go that direction.

Great peace have they who love Thy law, and nothing shall offend them... Ps 118:165

Post Posted: Apr 26, 2018 9:38 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
On FB there is a picture of the access door to a bank of locking mailboxes standing open, exposing all the mail in the individual boxes. This was in Harris Park. Apparently the carrier failed to shut it after distributing the mail. The photographer shut it. Comments indicate this isn’t the first time this has happened.

:thud:

I feel for you. Years ago my area in Bailey had the most incompetent mail carrier ever.
Multiple calls and complaints gave NO resolution.

I’ve since relied on a PO Box and have had good luck.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]