It is currently Jun 22, 2017 6:11 am 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 498 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Harris Park Cell Tower
Post Posted: Oct 6, 2016 12:12 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
We live above 43/47 split and have Verizon and have better service then before but cuts out some on 43. From the house (and we have line of sight to the tower) service is better but still not great. Cell phone works some of the time for calls but not always. Of course cell phone won't work really well in Cherry Creek either.

Post Posted: Oct 6, 2016 1:25 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We're on Verizon and it also shows us as roaming, if we get a signal at all. We *usually* get enough of one to send and receive texts. We could not make or receive calls. Well, we can't make calls at all because it won't let us since it says we're roaming. But if we receive a call and try to answer, it doesn't work.

Post Posted: Oct 6, 2016 1:56 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
equinecpa wrote:
It is not serving Sprint or Verizon(have a Sprint and a Verizon phone and they both switch to roaming just off of 285) ATT is active-and I thought T-mobile was too as an inactive phone I have here shows bars.

Check your facts. We have Verizon and never had service before they built the tower. Now we have excellent service. I really suspect part of the problem is with various phones, NOT the carriers.

Post Posted: Oct 6, 2016 2:56 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
ridgewalker wrote:
equinecpa wrote:
It is not serving Sprint or Verizon(have a Sprint and a Verizon phone and they both switch to roaming just off of 285) ATT is active-and I thought T-mobile was too as an inactive phone I have here shows bars.

Check your facts. We have Verizon and never had service before they built the tower. Now we have excellent service. I really suspect part of the problem is with various phones, NOT the carriers.

Just relaying my experience-I don't think there are facts that can be checked lol. If you don't have roaming enabled I think you'd find you have no service at least that's my experience. I have used a couple of different phones since the tower went live-all roam once they get past deer creek but do show bars. An old phone did seem to have service when the tower was switched on but since then it too has switched to roaming.

If indeed your phone is not roaming can you share what kind of phone you are using?

http://www.equinecpa.net
http://www.ruffrowranch.com

Post Posted: Oct 7, 2016 6:57 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
My phone never roams and the only place I have spotty coverage is near the elementary school. My phone is a two year old Motorola razr.

Post Posted: Feb 3, 2017 2:56 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
I'm going to bring this thread forward to see if anyone who has had problems with the tower can use this "Interesting Life Hacks" item from The Basement forum today:

Quote:
11. If you're in an area where you should have cell phone service but don't, put your phone on airplane mode and then switch back. This will cause your phone to register and find all the towers in your vicinity.

Interesting Life Hacks

Reply to topic  [ 498 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42