It is currently Oct 22, 2017 10:24 pm 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Please post election topics in the 2017 Election Discussion forum

Reply to topic  [ 498 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Harris Park Cell Tower
Post Posted: Feb 23, 2016 10:42 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Sugarmagnolia, you've summed it up perfectly with your last line.

Post Posted: Feb 23, 2016 10:57 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I have 2 tracfones, an antique Motorola flip and a newer Samsung (stupid) flip. I live less than 500 yards below the tower in full view and can't get squat on my phones. The old one had as good as could be expected along 43 before tower. I'm getting bomblasted with radiation while getting no use out of it!

Post Posted: Feb 23, 2016 11:20 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
There only appears to be one carrier on that tower. Usually the different carries each have their own level for their antennas, one on each side for the different bands they use. With a close up you could ID the carrier by the antennas alone.

Being too close can be a issue because they broadcast out, not down. It happens as we pass towers on I 70 all the time.

Post Posted: Feb 23, 2016 11:34 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Commnet, who built the tower, has roaming agreements with the big providers. The tower is not operated by any of those providers. I don't entirely understand the process but I think they operate as a secondary provider and they specialize in rural areas where the big guys won't build towers due to lower population concentrations (ie: not enough money to be made). The incredible lack of consistancy between service for people in the same area is a mystery to me! I was told that I couldn't get reception because my provider doesn't support roaming. But some one else with the same provider (Tracfone) has perfect reception. I can't make sense of it. I would consider replacing my phone or my service provider, but with what? I'd have just as much chance of having no service with any other provider (and pay a lot more!)

Post Posted: Feb 23, 2016 2:22 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
I was told my AT&T to go phone does not roam. there for I do not have a signal . I can almost reach out from my deck and touch that ugly tower and it is with less to me !!!!!

Post Posted: Feb 23, 2016 6:06 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I'm pretty new to the whole cell phone thing but not all the phones have all the bands to connect to every tower. For example I had to exchange a hotspot for one that could handle band 12 since T-Mobile uses band 12 here in Colorado but not everywhere. Without it the first hotspot was only good in town.

So ask if you can what bands are they transmitting on and you may find out why one phone works while another doesn't on the same service. There are only two or three sets of antennas on the tower and I bet they are all low band since that travels the farthest. I hate to say it but you may need to tailor your phone to what is transmitted.

It does poke a interesting hole in my staying connected plan. All of my devices are on second tier cell companies. None of them have roaming, even Cricket. I figured having something on each carrier would cover me but I doubt any of them will connect to that tower.

Post Posted: Feb 27, 2016 12:46 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Everyone who moved up here since activating their service or initiated service elsewhere I suggest calling your carrier and telling them that and let them know about the tower and your reception. Tracfone is sending me a new SIM card that they said will fix my problem. Fingers crossed here but I thought I would share because it might help some of my frustrated neighbors.

Post subject: Park County CR-43 Cell Tower Meeting
Post Posted: May 31, 2016 5:46 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
I don't have much information on this or even what (exactly ) will be discussed. This is simply the information that is currently being provided by Park County.
I'm hoping we can all share the information as it's given.

CR43 Cell Tower Meeting
Tuesday, June 21
Discussion regarding the CR43 Cell Tower

Date: June 21, 2016
Time:6:30 PM
Address:
153 Delwood Drive
Platte Canyon Fire (Crow Hill)
Bailey, CO 80421
Email: Mike Brazell mbrazell@parkco.us

http://parkco.us/Calendar.aspx?EID=2751

Post Posted: Jun 2, 2016 11:43 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
No, not glad at all. It's a big ugly eyesore. Not that it probably would have had made a difference, but was there ever any chance for public comment? I'm assuming there must have been some kind of amendment to zoning? They can do this kind of thing w/o consulting the people effected?? I never heard anything about this until it was already under construction.

wildGoose2 wrote:

i would hope that if it is not preforming as expected, they would take it down - is anyone glad they put that up?

Post Posted: Jun 2, 2016 6:50 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Happy2B wrote:
Everyone who moved up here since activating their service or initiated service elsewhere I suggest calling your carrier and telling them that and let them know about the tower and your reception. Tracfone is sending me a new SIM card that they said will fix my problem. Fingers crossed here but I thought I would share because it might help some of my frustrated neighbors.

Please let us know the outcome. I was told by Commnet that my phone wouldn't work because Tracfone doesn't offer roaming and yet some folks over in KZ have service with their Tracfone. The whole thing seems to be hit and miss.

Post Posted: Jun 3, 2016 5:26 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We have Verizon, and we still get no signal 99% of the time... when we do it says we're "roaming," and since we have no contract plans, that means we can't use it even if it was strong enough to get calls out (which it likely isn't, btw). I can often get a text to send, but I could do that even before that awful, ugly, useless eyesore was there to decrease property values.

If it worked, I might be able to get over it... although it's hideous and I despise seeing it. At least if it worked, I could see the possible benefits for people in emergency situations.

But since it doesn't, I resent the hell out of it. And we're fortunate that our best views weren't affected by it (though it still can be seen from the backyard). I feel really awful for those of you that had your main views obstructed by this waste of space.

Post Posted: Jun 3, 2016 6:33 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Karelia wrote:
We have Verizon, and we still get no signal 99% of the time... when we do it says we're "roaming," and since we have no contract plans, that means we can't use it even if it was strong enough to get calls out (which it likely isn't, btw). I can often get a text to send, but I could do that even before that awful, ugly, useless eyesore was there to decrease property values.

If it worked, I might be able to get over it... although it's hideous and I despise seeing it. At least if it worked, I could see the possible benefits for people in emergency situations.

But since it doesn't, I resent the hell out of it. And we're fortunate that our best views weren't affected by it (though it still can be seen from the backyard). I feel really awful for those of you that had your main views obstructed by this waste of space.

I get a passable signal now that it's up. I don't know if they could have put it up in a less conspicuous place, but being that I work from home, it has been a great help talking to clients and customers. It is actually not in line of sight for me, it's just over the hill. I don't know if they could paint it... there has been some talk about that too. It's progress...

Reply to topic  [ 498 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next