It is currently Jun 22, 2017 5:54 am 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: New signs for KS pharmacy parking
Post Posted: Jan 24, 2017 4:14 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
I was at King Soopers earlier and saw they have new signs up for the walk up pharmacy parking. They're a lot more prominent, 1 in front of every spot. Same results. All spots filled, nobody at the walk up window. :doh:

Post subject: Re: New signs for KS pharmacy parking
Post Posted: Jan 24, 2017 4:25 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
I'm one that generally believes in following the rules, but frankly I never feel bad about taking one of those spots. 5 or 6 spots reserved for the walk-up is ridiculous. That parking lot is busy and needs every spot they can get. Can you honestly say that you have ever seen even three people at that window at once?

Post Posted: Jan 24, 2017 4:26 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Noticed that the other day and every one was taken and no one at the walk up

Post Posted: Jan 24, 2017 4:46 pm 
jetfixer03 wrote:
I'm one that generally believes in following the rules, but frankly I never feel bad about taking one of those spots. 5 or 6 spots reserved for the walk-up is ridiculous. That parking lot is busy and needs every spot they can get. Can you honestly say that you have ever seen even three people at that window at once?

I think they put the 6 spots in hoping 1 or 2 will be still be free after the people that feel like you do use them up. I will hand it to you, even though they are constantly full, you're the first person to admit that they use them just because they feel like it.

The parking lot is busy at times but this was around noon today. There were LOTS of free spots available. They weren't parking there because they couldn't find a spot.

I've seen obviously sick and also very elderly people walking up from the main parking lot to use the window. How about giving them a break?

Post Posted: Jan 24, 2017 5:13 pm 
Are these spots strictly for the outside walk-up window or also for people that are going to the inside pharmacy with no additional shopping? I might suggest that if you are going inside to speak or consult with a pharmacist that these spots are also legit so long as that is your only point of business.

I use those spots but only when I go to the outside walk up window.
Can someone post a picture of the new signage for interpretation?

Kentucky Blue Grass is not GREEN!!

If history really does repeat itself, I am SO getting a dinosaur.

Post Posted: Jan 24, 2017 5:16 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
itsme wrote:
jetfixer03 wrote:

I think they put the 6 spots in hoping 1 or 2 will be still be free after the people that feel like you do use them up. I will hand it to you, even though they are constantly full, you're the first person to admit that they use them just because they feel like it.

The parking lot is busy at times but this was around noon today. There were LOTS of free spots available. They weren't parking there because they couldn't find a spot.

I've seen obviously sick and also very elderly people walking up from the main parking lot to use the window. How about giving them a break?

Thanks - I have been so sick with strep and had to park at the end of the parking lot and walk up to the window.

And YES - I have been the 4th and 5th person in line at the walk-up window and been sick. I generally go and wait in my car rather than standing there in the cold and then I've got to hoof it back from my car to get the script because all the spots are taken and the cars have been there for 30 minutes or more. :roll:

I will also add that I have NEVER parked in those spots if not picking up a prescription ONLY at the walk-up window.

Post Posted: Jan 24, 2017 5:24 pm 
TC wrote:
Noticed that the other day and every one was taken and no one at the walk up

As I said before, I will go and take my prescription but not stand outside and wait for it in the cold, I'll go back and wait in the car for the 15 - 30 minutes that it takes to fill it and then go back and check on it.

Post Posted: Jan 24, 2017 5:59 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Couldn't agree more. I use those spaces strictly for outside pick up. I find it interesting how a growing number of people feel that the signs, laws, instructions etc don't apply to them because the don't agree or understand them. What happened to asking for explanation, requesting change and if you still get no satisfaction you take your hard earned money elswhere. It's like television. If you find a show offensive you change the channel. If enough people change the channel the show is cancelled, period.

Maybe the best advise I have ever been given was my freshman economics professor. What is a dollar? It is simply a "vote" and everytime you "spend" that dollar you are casting a vote for the product you bought, the store it was purchased in, the manufacturer of the product. You vote for their business practices and politics as well. JMHO. Sorry for the rant,

Post Posted: Jan 24, 2017 9:39 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I agree DaisyLover and Crash Davis. I have posted before how annoying it is to arrive, sick from the doctor's office, only to find no parking spots and need to park so far away. If I had a sick child, this would be so bad!! However, I was slammed about it, and I was shocked at the insensitive people on this issue!!! How rude the remarks were, not to mention this is what the spots were designated for by Kings....people picking up Rx!!!! I used to think us who live up here were kind, nice people, but the way I was slammed, changed my mind. I guess some are okay, if you don't like a rule, just ignore it and do what you want, because your thinking is all that counts!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Jan 24, 2017 10:21 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Ask King Soopers what towing company they use, it's probably free to make reports

Post Posted: Jan 25, 2017 11:47 am 
Good point. I feel that it is just very inconsiderate. Had a broken foot, of course had a "walking," cast. Wished people had paid attention to the signs. I can't park in handicaped and won't. I could not find a place closer than way at the end. Sure, I could walk but the more motion the more pain. Was very uncomfortable until I could get home to pain pill. Would have been soooo nice to have parked right at pharmacy.

Post Posted: Jan 25, 2017 1:58 pm 
I was there this morning and it was the first time I have ever seen those spots empty. I liked it

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next