It is currently Mar 28, 2017 11:45 am 

The Study Forum Additional Terms of Service here
Notice: all quoted material must be linked back to the original source.

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: What is going on!
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2017 5:49 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
This is for all who know that they are superior.
THE DEFINITION OF A WISE PERSON IS SOMEONE WHO REALIZES THAT HE KNOWS NOTHING AT ALL.
A WISE MAN QUESTIONS EVERYTHING HE ALREADY KNOWS.

Post Posted: Feb 15, 2017 11:34 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
DaisyLover wrote:
Bailey Guns wrote:
Baileybrat wrote:
There were numerous news reports during the campaign that even elementary school kids were using Trump's behavior as a cue to bully their classmates and taunt them that they would be deported soon. Hatred that had been kept under wraps has been uncorked thanks to our Bully in Chief and his mean-spirited followers. Not all Trump supporters are hateful, but Trump does appeal to the racist and misogynist segments of our society, and now they're proudly pouring out of the woodwork. Whenever religious groups start being targeted for scape-goating, Jews are always part of it. Trump appointing a neo-nazi as his top advisor certainly hasn't helped.

SMDH...

Hypocrite much?

Wow - no kidding! :roll:

Interesting how quickly you forgot that the Obama administration targeted conservative and religious organizations using the FBI? Yep and you label Trump supporters mean-spirited? All I can say is wow.

:yeah that: This absolutely has NOTHING to do with Trump. If anything it is the anti-Trump people that want to keep riling up the hornets.

Post Posted: Feb 17, 2017 4:28 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I am surprised how quickly some people forget Trump's campaign tactics, supporters pushing, shoving and hitting anyone who disagreed with them, sucker punching people as they tried to leave after they had been threatened and attacked by his supporters, Trump encouraging violence towards demonstrators ("Get him out of here")and on and on.

And, sorry Sunset in the Pines, I think the hornets were let loose by Trump through his actions, words and those with whom he surrounded himself. Personally I don't really believe you can put the turmoil we are experiencing on those who don't support Trump and his remarkable divisive agenda. He claims to want to bring this country together yet goes about discrediting and denouncing the Intelligence community and their findings of Putin's involvement in the election, claiming journalists are disgusting liars, attacking a "so called" judge because he wouldn't rule in his favor and another judge because he has a Mexican heritage. This behavior doesn't unite anyone, it just creates chaos, turmoil and thus the resulting fall out.

Taza

Post Posted: Feb 17, 2017 5:09 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
What I find interesting, and personally the crux of the problem, is how the lefts memory leans left and the rights memory leans right. There is PLENTY of blame to go around regarding the divisiveness that has transpired in our country. Whether it be the abrasive nature of President Trump or the smug, shady former President Obama. There has been PLENTY of physical and verbal abuse from both sides. I personally feel that the left screams and stomps a little louder, but that's just me. With that being said until both sides realize that WE need to come together and have HARD conversations and reach a COMPROMISE regarding the important issues that we face today our beloved country will just continue in this downward spiral until we hit the bottom. WE THE PEOPLE must be able to have these conversations! IF we can't how can we expect our elected officials to? They are accountable to US after all. JMHO

Post Posted: Feb 17, 2017 5:18 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
I attend Congregation Beth Evergreen with my wife, Kate. She's a convert to Judaism. I'm a fellow traveler. I have two Jewish grandchildren, 10 and 8, who are in the Denver school system. Earlier this year swastikas were painted on a middle school near the elementary school they attend. Think about that: 10 and 8.

I also know, from other friends, that the anti-semitism at West Jeffco Middle School goes back at least to the 1990's. In that sense I would agree with those who think Trump is the reason for this recent series of actions. On the other hand a leader, a president, sets a moral tone that is as important as their policies. Trump's moral tone consists of blaming others, encouraging violence against protesters during his rallies, imitating a disabled reporter, claiming his celebrity status gives him the right to grab women by the [cat], and, among many, many others, claiming immigrants from Mexico are rapists and criminals. If you are a person inclined to racist, sexist, anti-semitic activity, would you feel encouraged or discouraged by such a man?

No one deserves maltreatment for secondary characteristics like religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, skin color. Could we not all agree that such maltreatment of children is a stain on our mountain community? A stain we should all work to eliminate?

Post Posted: Feb 17, 2017 5:24 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Crash Davis, I completely agree with your statement regarding having a conversation regarding the issues we face and you are certainly right on when it comes to opening up the lines of communication. I can only hope this will come to pass and we can unite instead of being at odds with each other.

Taza

Post Posted: Feb 17, 2017 5:43 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Thank you charlesbellis for your perspective. It must have been so difficult for your grandchildren to be subjected to that hateful statement, how devastating for them! We truly need to come together to defeat this appalling bigotry and I totally agree with your challenge to work together to be inclusive rather than exclusive - after all we are all humans.

Taza

Post Posted: Feb 17, 2017 7:53 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Thread moved to The Study due to political replies from members. All Study Terms of Service (SToS) will apply to this thread.

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4