It is currently Sep 18, 2018 10:55 pm 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Quote " A Refreshing Toll-Free Drive, take Highway 285"
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2017 1:09 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Ughh!
I'm sure there's a few more years of putting up with weather and congestion induced traffic problems on 285.
When the funds are found and the improvements finally start, there'll be years of headaches caused by the construction. I remember lane closures and miles of backed up traffic on a daily basis during the last round of construction. I stayed on night shifts to avoid it.

SO glad I moved away. 285 problems were a primary reason for relocating.
I likely won't experience that type of growth again in my lifetime. Quite remote here in northern Idaho. The Clearwater River will naturally regulate any unpleasant future development in my new neighborhood.

Post Posted: Mar 17, 2017 1:24 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
chef-gal wrote:
Ughh!
I'm sure there's a few more years of putting up with weather and congestion induced traffic problems on 285.
When the funds are found and the improvements finally start, there'll be years of headaches caused by the construction. I remember lane closures and miles of backed up traffic on a daily basis during the last round of construction. I stayed on night shifts to avoid it.

SO glad I moved away. 285 problems were a primary reason for relocating.
I likely won't experience that type of growth again in my lifetime. Quite remote here in northern Idaho. The Clearwater River will naturally regulate any unpleasant future development in my new neighborhood.

It was very remote here forty years ago. :(

"Stand By Me"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiPzU75P9FA

Post Posted: Mar 17, 2017 11:02 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
285 became insane and felt like a prisoner on the weekends and the commute was getting longer and longer on the daily work trek down to DTC. We moved to northern Idaho this past fall and LOVE our peaceful new life. Population is 190 in our town and we don't see neighbors or very many cars now...or butts flying out windows.

We miss the great folks there and our wonderful friends and oir terrific neighbors in Burland. The recent house explosion was so close to where we lived. We watched drug houses come and go. Very unsettling. Be safe and take care of those beautiful mountains and each other.

Post Posted: Mar 18, 2017 6:25 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
You guys need to stop telling lies about how nice northern Idaho is. Or any other part of Idaho. It sucks. Not a Starbucks or Whole Foods for hundreds of miles, EVERYONE owns guns, cows everywhere polluting the air with methane, too easy to get lost in all the wilderness areas where wolves and grizzlies practically run wild, too many rivers and creeks to fall into, Vandal-ism is encouraged, ATVs and snow machines clogging town roads in winter...just craziness everywhere you turn. If you must leave the paradise of the 285 Corridor, go to Montana. Or Wyoming. They're both closer.

I miss the 285 commute. So many people waving at each other, telling them they're "#1" with hand gestures...it was so relaxing taking a leisurely hour drive from Bailey to Conifer on the weekends. Those were the good old days.

Post Posted: Mar 18, 2017 8:59 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Bailey Guns wrote:
You guys need to stop telling lies about how nice northern Idaho is. Or any other part of Idaho. It sucks. Not a Starbucks or Whole Foods for hundreds of miles, EVERYONE owns guns, cows everywhere polluting the air with methane, too easy to get lost in all the wilderness areas where wolves and grizzlies practically run wild, too many rivers and creeks to fall into, Vandal-ism is encouraged, ATVs and snow machines clogging town roads in winter...just craziness everywhere you turn. If you must leave the paradise of the 285 Corridor, go to Montana. Or Wyoming. They're both closer.

I miss the 285 commute. So many people waving at each other, telling them they're "#1" with hand gestures...it was so relaxing taking a leisurely hour drive from Bailey to Conifer on the weekends. Those were the good old days.

:hugegrin:

"Stand By Me"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiPzU75P9FA

Post Posted: Jun 30, 2018 6:58 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
I moved away a little over a year ago and I LOVE our new life in Pueblo. It is a "town or city" but the people here are genuine, they care and they say so! We have lovely neighbors and we enjoy one another's company. No holiday traffic jams, just a peaceful existence at the edge of town. No traffic noise, no dirt bikes, just quiet and peacefulness.

Post Posted: Jun 30, 2018 8:29 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Hmm. I-25 through Pueblo can get a little challenging, but after navigating the Springs it's not noticeable. As for the 285 slogan, I always thought it was "Pray for me, I drive 285" I don't like I-70 in parts of CO, but I have always considered 285 to be "advanced" driving what with the Luge, Windy Point and that slippery concrete road bed and, of course, people doing 3 point turn arounds in the middle of the road. Hoosier Pass is a little scary too.

I'm in WY now where the highways are straight (well, mostly) and everyone's scared to go on them for fear of running out of gas before encountering a filling station :-D Oh yeah, and there are ground blizzards and cattle roundups in the middle of the highway. Not boring.

Post Posted: Jul 1, 2018 12:05 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
285 doesn't have a great history

Actual bumper stickers
"I survived 285"
"I stayed alive on 285"
Actual song
"285 Roulette"

Post Posted: Jul 2, 2018 10:14 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Back in the early 90's, the bumper sicker was "I drive the Hampden 500"

and those that wonder what happened

Post Posted: Jul 2, 2018 10:51 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
It's not Hwy 285 that's bad. It's all the idiots who think the speed limit signs display the STARTING speed not the speed limit!! Most times when I drive, I believe I am the only person obeying the speed limit.

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2