It is currently Nov 14, 2018 12:09 am 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Deceased party-Silvertip Lake
Post Posted: May 26, 2018 10:28 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I wonder if it may have been a suicide, and no need to share information for family privacy

Post Posted: May 27, 2018 10:41 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
ColoradoSunshine wrote:
I wonder if it may have been a suicide, and no need to share information for family privacy

Particulary if the party had been a minor. Just thinking out loud....

Post Posted: May 27, 2018 5:39 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Some kind of statement assuring that it was something other than a Murder would be a bit more comforting.

Post Posted: May 27, 2018 5:49 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Freezeman wrote:
Some kind of statement assuring that it was something other than a Murder would be a bit more comforting.

If it was a murder there would be publicity. If there was continuing danger to the public there would be even more publicity and warning. Coloradosunshine is probably right and the family wants privacy.

Post Posted: Jun 4, 2018 4:29 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
bdogsgal wrote:
Was it a drowning? was it a body dump? Was it a missing person? Was it a local? Should we be cautious? Things we'd like to know for our own safety.

I guess that is all we're gonna know.

Post Posted: Jun 4, 2018 4:51 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Usually when you have a suicide or murder-suicide you get the infamous "Police believe there is no danger to the general public" or something like that. This is a bit strange that there seems to be NO information given.

Post Posted: Jun 5, 2018 10:34 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Off the subject...

We need a forum called "The Rest of the Story".

A junior journalist should think about getting their feet wet and approach Pinecam with the idea. If it wasn't for Pinecam, I wouldn't know about any of the happenings in my area. Unfortunately, the regular press frequently just does a cut-and-paste from the sheriff's blotter and we are all left speculating.

Post Posted: Jun 5, 2018 10:37 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Pinecam is not a news-reporting site. It is simply a community message board. It is run solely by volunteers - it has no paid staff.

Post Posted: Jun 5, 2018 10:46 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Pinecam Moderators wrote:
Pinecam is not a news-reporting site. It is simply a community message board. It is run solely by volunteers - it has no paid staff.

Exactly... I wouldn't think you would turn down a young journalism student that could volunteer and get their feet wet interacting with authorities. There are "work experience" credits available at many schools. It could be their first byline.

Post Posted: Jul 2, 2018 9:49 am 
New Poster
The body found in Silvertip Lake was a friend of mine. It was a sad an unnecessary alcoholic death. Whether it was accidental or suicidal is unknown. When it comes to alcoholic deaths the line between accident and suicide is so fine that it is barely noticeable. I'm not going to name her here, but let's call her K. K was a warm and beautiful person who had lived a tortured life and just needed to be loved back into the light. I was working with her to achieve that. Unfortunately, I was out of town with no cell service when she was at her darkest. She had been missing from my life for the last two months and I just recently found out what happened to her. I know my life was better for having known K and her absence has left a huge hole in my life. I will miss her terribly.

Post Posted: Jul 2, 2018 9:56 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
splastrik wrote:
The body found in Silvertip Lake was a friend of mine. It was a sad an unnecessary alcoholic death. Whether it was accidental or suicidal is unknown. When it comes to alcoholic deaths the line between accident and suicide is so fine that it is barely noticeable. I'm not going to name her here, but let's call her K. K was a warm and beautiful person who had lived a tortured life and just needed to be loved back into the light. I was working with her to achieve that. Unfortunately, I was out of town with no cell service when she was at her darkest. She had been missing from my life for the last two months and I just recently found out what happened to her. I know my life was better for having known K and her absence has left a huge hole in my life. I will miss her terribly.

Thank you for sharing this. I am sorry for the loss of your friend. The lives some live, whether by choice or chance, should make us count our blessings.

Post Posted: Jul 2, 2018 10:02 am 
splastrik wrote:

I am so very sorry for the loss of your friend. I very much appreciate you updating this thread. Let us all keep K in our thoughts and prayers that she is at peace and I pray you find peace and a way to help fill the hole. :rose:

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2