It is currently Sep 22, 2018 10:13 pm 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Neighbors are having a fire
Post Posted: Jul 4, 2018 7:03 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Let the authorities determine if they are doing anything wrong. Call in any and all fires at this time. This is a matter of public safety. If anyone acts in a reckless manner they should face the consequences!

Post Posted: Jul 4, 2018 7:15 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
You can be correct and you can be factual. However you are not just on the invisible net, you are talking to an actual person so it is always in good taste to be kind. You may not know their personal reasons for reacting in a certain way. State your facts, but be flexible with why people act a certain way. Play nice.

Post Posted: Jul 4, 2018 7:18 pm 
Ooooo I sound like Ms Manners, maybe I should get a column or a life.

Post Posted: Jul 4, 2018 8:15 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Scalawagy wrote:
DogRunner is Correct, and so was CJH. If there is an a$$h0le in this situation it was the one with the fire.

The OP was indecisive in this situation, CJH was correct to point that out! As dry as it is, the authorities should have been called immediately! Then go over to check it out your self, if you're so inclined. If you do it would be smart to carry a shovel with you.

If you are inclined to go on your neighbor's property with a shovel, I hope they don't have a gun. My neighbor who had fires burning (who I turned in) has a gun and has been cited for shooting at trees that could endanger neighbors. I'm still fearful of walking my dogs by his house. I side with letting the authorities work it out.

Post Posted: Jul 4, 2018 9:04 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
keg wrote:
CJH, your message might have been a good one ... but you were very negative and confrontational in how you worded it. I persist in my interpretation of your original post. Unfortunately, it is a good example of the type of "discussion" that is all too common these days.

I'll just stop while I'm ahead...
In times like these when you can't right the world of ignorance all you can do is right yourself and take care of those that matter most to you to the best of your ablity.
Happy 4th to all of those you are celebrating. (Yes, unfortunately some aren't)

Post Posted: Jul 4, 2018 9:18 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
MIRSH wrote:
Scalawagy wrote:
DogRunner is Correct, and so was CJH. If there is an a$$h0le in this situation it was the one with the fire.

The OP was indecisive in this situation, CJH was correct to point that out! As dry as it is, the authorities should have been called immediately! Then go over to check it out your self, if you're so inclined. If you do it would be smart to carry a shovel with you.

If you are inclined to go on your neighbor's property with a shovel, I hope they don't have a gun. My neighbor who had fires burning (who I turned in) has a gun and has been cited for shooting at trees that could endanger neighbors. I'm still fearful of walking my dogs by his house. I side with letting the authorities work it out.

In that case I be inclined to walk my dogs the other direction.

I was only thinking of the shovel as a tool to put out a fire, I suppose a fire extinguisher could also work, to a point, and would be less intimidating or threatening to a stranger. But I guess I'm lucky, I don't fear my neighbors, and the thought of being shot for having a shovel didn't occur to me.

Post Posted: Jul 4, 2018 10:33 pm 
Carrying a shovel would never seem threating to most, I sure would have never thought of that. However, unfortunately we all have to be a bit paranoid any more to better protect ourselves. Sad.

Post Posted: Jul 5, 2018 3:26 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I realize that a shovel would be intended to put out a fire, but if you are entering someone else's property, with or without a shovel, and you don't know the person who lives there, it IS SAD that I think you should use some caution. I haven't had very good luck with trying to talk nicely to neighbors with scary fires. They tend to blow me off. One intoxicated visitor from down the hill told me if he had trouble with his fire he had a can of gasoline nearby to help out. The property (next to mine) didn't have water at the time.

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3