It is currently Mar 20, 2019 5:50 pm 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: FYI Suspicious activity around Windy Point
Post Posted: Oct 2, 2018 12:25 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
We went outside tonight and found the drivers side doors of our three outside cars open. We didn't have anything valuable in them, so nothing seemed to be missing. No big messes, so we're pretty certain they weren't bears. Just make sure you lock your cars and take your valuables in with you!

Post subject: Re: FYI Suspicious activity around Windy Point
Post Posted: Oct 2, 2018 9:01 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Motion activated flood light(s) and cam. Should help... sorry that happened to you. Check with your immediate neighbors to follow up. Maybe they were targeted and possibly someone has more details or caught something on cam.

Post Posted: Oct 2, 2018 9:32 am 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
How bizarre!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Be compassionate, understanding and kind. You never know who's crying inside or is this close to giving up.

Post Posted: Oct 2, 2018 11:45 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
I have these lights up along our driveway in winter to light up the path for hubby from shop to house. I have had them for YEARS and YEARS. I just change the batteries once a year. They work great!

https://smile.amazon.com/Beams-MB393-30 ... dpSrc=srch

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Oct 2, 2018 4:38 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Thank you! Lights and cameras are going up! Hopefully, we won't get any action. We were lucky we noticed them or we would have had three dead batteries this morning.

Post Posted: Oct 2, 2018 4:52 pm 
after exhaustive research here is game camera I got. I was always so put off because they were so expensive. Not this one and it good
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1

I just got an email to buy this camera and get one free

https://www.moultriefeeders.com/moultir ... undleEmail

NOTE: To get free M-40 camera, click on the M-40i camera and “add” it to your shopping cart. Then, click “view cart” and you’ll be prompted to add the M-40 to your cart for free. Click “add to cart” and the M-40 camera will be added for free.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Oct 2, 2018 7:02 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
It is a possibility it could have been a bear; especially this time of year. I had a black bear open up the driver's door of my pickup truck about years ago. It sniffed the truck but never went inside. I keep my vehicles sterile inside. My dogs discovered what was going on. When I went on the deck, I shouted, "What do you think you are doing Ms. Bear?" It was startled as the dogs, of course, were going crazy barking at it from the 2nd story deck. It backed up and slowly meandered on its way, cubs in tow....

Post Posted: Oct 2, 2018 10:33 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Awesome, Wily Fox! Thank you!

That's interesting, naturegirl. I'd have thought that if it was a bear the cars would have been destroyed, but maybe not! I'd much rather think it was wildlife than malicious neighbors!

Post Posted: Oct 3, 2018 9:11 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Yes, thanks Wily Fox, just ordered mine. Good deal. Amazon had them fairly cheap too, but not as inexpensive as the two directly from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer sells for the same price as third party, will always choose the manufacturer. Trail cams always come in handy, love them for their portability.

Post Posted: Oct 3, 2018 9:29 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
A couple of years ago we had a bear getting into several vehicles in the neighborhood. Got in and ate some things in some cars, pooped in one truck, but left the doors open and went on to the next one. I guess they don't care about your battery going dead, so don't bother to shut the doors when they're done snooping around. ;) I think it's when the doors close on them accidently that they do all the damage trying to get out. I try to keep my car clean, but just in case something fell under the seat that I didn't see, I always lock it and set the alarm. If nothing else, the alarm will scare them away....hopefully! I hope that's all it was. It sure stinks to think people are the ones invading your space!

"....People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]