It is currently Dec 16, 2018 9:41 pm 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Rolling Billboard on 285
Post Posted: Sep 20, 2018 4:37 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Is the truck still there? I have planning asking me

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Sep 20, 2018 5:15 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
We were out today and it was not on the road. The Coors blow up is still on the roof. To me that's worse!

Post Posted: Sep 21, 2018 6:54 am 
Out of five pages in this thread, there are only thirteen posts by less than ten posters that actually side with taking the advertising down.
I feel, except for the levity, that it is a well-balanced and cross-sectional representation of the opinion of mountain citizens.

Post Posted: Sep 21, 2018 12:05 pm 
Lazierfan wrote:
Out of five pages in this thread, there are only thirteen posts by less than ten posters that actually side with taking the advertising down.
I feel, except for the levity, that it is a well-balanced and cross-sectional representation of the opinion of mountain citizens.

Agreed Laz. It is a balanced and representative of the membership who has participated. Pinecam was mentioned negatively on one local Facebook social media site regarding this thread. It must be frustrating for that Facebook user at many levels that will not be discussed here except to say that is was extremely biased. I like the balanced input here on Pinecam.

Post Posted: Sep 21, 2018 3:48 pm 
I am in contact with someone from Jefferson County Planning and Zoning. Both the sign on the truck and the inflatable crap businesses put up to tackify our beautiful surroundings are not allowed. I have given them Garcia's address for the tacky beer bottle. They will send someone out about this.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Sep 21, 2018 3:55 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Angela, you're amazing.

Thank you for helping with this.

"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Post Posted: Sep 21, 2018 6:04 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
So my question is Jeffco Zoning going to check every sign and land use rule lets say from Aspen Park to Pine Junction? I am sure there are many more violations out there. Is Jeffco in conjunction with CDOT going to crack down on all of those "For Sale" and "Yard Sale" signs that litter 285 and other streets every weekend with many of them not being picked up? I am sure those are illegal. In multiple places on Hwy 73, CDOT has signs advertising slash pick up. Is CDOT going to remove those signs? After all, fair is fair, rules are rules and tacky is tacky.

Post Posted: Sep 21, 2018 6:15 pm 
In that above mentioned FB thread spawned from this post, I saw it mentioned that after the truck was moved to a different location, its tires were slashed.

Post Posted: Sep 21, 2018 7:01 pm 
There are four states that have outlawed billboards directly and most states, including Colorado have laws and processes regarding outdoor advertising. Hawaii was the first state to ban billboards in the 1920s, Vermont in 1968, Maine in the early 80s, and Alaska (by state referendum) in 1998. The main reason is to preserve and protect the amazing scenery. Living up here gives us access to the most beautiful scenery and if anyone could park a vehicle or post a sign or attach a giant inflatable piece of crap whenever and wherever they wanted, would take that away. That is why Colorado has rules and local planning and zoning office has rules to enforce them. The permitting process ensures the guidelines are met.

Here is a document that outlines Colorado's rules for outdoor advertising.
https://www.codot.gov/business/rules/do ... clean-copy

Post Posted: Sep 21, 2018 7:04 pm 
gia58 wrote:
Ridiculous is when people do nothing about something they are not happy about or are passionate about.

I was made out to be a fool, because I confronted an inconsiderate couple that parked in front of a gas pump not filling up whereas there were people waiting to fill up three cars deep within this gas station. Not only were they not apologetic, but they made me out to be a fool for calling them on it. I would do it again, amazes me that some people think they are the only ones that exist in this world.

right on, Gia...but be careful, [censored word] like that often resort to violence with those that confront them. what a world

Post Posted: Sep 21, 2018 10:47 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Wily Fox aka Angela wrote:
I am in contact with someone from Jefferson County Planning and Zoning. Both the sign on the truck and the inflatable crap businesses put up to tackify our beautiful surroundings are not allowed. I have given them Garcia's address for the tacky beer bottle. They will send someone out about this.

Thank you for saving us all from this evil.

/sarc

Firearms training and instruction. One of your neighbors.
http://www.ape-academy.com

Post Posted: Sep 22, 2018 6:20 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
smonson wrote:
In multiple places on Hwy 73, CDOT has signs advertising slash pick up. Is CDOT going to remove those signs? After all, fair is fair, rules are rules and tacky is tacky.

Uh, I hate to mention this but, those slash signs all over HWY 73 are property of Jefferson County!

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next