It is currently Aug 21, 2018 7:34 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Possible Heavy Rain Today
Post Posted: Jul 15, 2018 2:36 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
NWS has issued a Flash Flood Watch for our foothills as monsoon moisture combines with a cold front that moved south over eastern CO this morning. Latest HiRes models suggest 0.25 to 0.75 inches of rain possible today in our local area, with the potential for up to 2 inches in areas that have storms sit over the area. Flow aloft is weak, so storms will move slowly from the west at 5-10 mph. Heaviest rain looks to be between 3 pm and 9 pm today, with activity dissipating by midnight. Small hail may accompany thunderstorms as well. Heavy storms could cause localized flooding along with pooling of water on roads, so be safe out driving this afternoon and evening. Temps will remain below average today in wake of cold front.

For the upcoming week, Monday and Tuesday will have precip chances for much of CO as afternoon and evening showers and thunderstorms will be possible. Activity Monday will be focused on areas west of I-25 and mostly south of I-70. Tuesday has better precip chances especially in the foothills, with 0.10 to 0.25 inches of rain possible. Temps look to remain close to average. Wednesday through Sunday looks to be drier and warmer across the state as upper ridge develoops across the Great Basin with a warm and dry northwest flow aloft over CO. Isolated showers and thunderstorms will be possible each day, with best chances over higher terrain, but any precip will likely be light. Weekend looks to have the best precip chances for the foothills.

"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather" - John Ruskin

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]